Good game

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Good game

Post by fujinsan »

I'm getting a few extra moneyz and I was wondering, any game out there worth spending 60 dollars on lately? From what I've seen no good games have come out recently (but then again I'm not big into news, everything I hear lately is word of mouth.) besides gow3. I have a ps3 and pc so I'm not restricted to a certain console. I'm looking for a game with emersive story telling and a high replay value, that's also quite challenging. So if any of you know of a game that meets those criteria just leave a post about it.
Starnum
Elven King

Re: Good game

Post by Starnum »

If you haven't played it yet, you should check out Heavy Rain. You can DL the demo online if you wanna try it out before you decide. It has very immersive and unique game-play, and a compelling story. It's a very interesting murder mystery. It has something like 22 different scenes you can unlocking during the ending, and multiple outcomes / paths you can take throughout the game, based on how you play, and the choices you make. So it has replay value, at least worth a couple of extra play-throughs, if not more. I've been playing it a lot here lately myself. So that's one I'd recommend trying out, off the top of my head. Of course there's no online play, so that's something to consider if you're looking for that. At the very least it's definitely worth a rental.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Yeah I played the heavy rain demo, didn't really get into to it, it was like the action scenes would've still been there without my help.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Well, some recent good games that I've played that would recommend:

Fallout 3 Game of the Year Edition
Borderlands
Heavy Rain
God of War 3
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

fujinsan wrote:Yeah I played the heavy rain demo, didn't really get into to it, it was like the action scenes would've still been there without my help.
Well sure the action scenes will still be there regardless. The only difference is if you don't press the buttons, or press the right buttons at the right time, your character will get the crap beat out of them and may very well die. Oh, and they can die, I assure you. When you're hitting all the prompts, it's hard to tell how different the outcome can be. However, I've tested it a few times, and it can make a big difference.

Yeah, GoW3 was pretty sweet too.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

I think I might just make a gamefly account and rent heavy rain, and maybe buy another game like gow 3. Also has gears 2 been released for the pc yet? I'd totally hit up some gears 2.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I just got Red Dead Redemption.

I would recommend it but I can't because I have not touched it.

I refuse to play another game until I beat FFIX.

Those pesky old-school RPGs can be hard to get into once you lose any kind of momentum.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

fujinsan wrote:I think I might just make a gamefly account and rent heavy rain, and maybe buy another game like gow 3. Also has gears 2 been released for the pc yet? I'd totally hit up some gears 2.

Yeah, Gamefly is pretty great. I have it, and Heavy Rain is the game I have out now. So it's definitely worth at least considering, IMO.
Femto wrote:I just got Red Dead Redemption.

I would recommend it but I can't because I have not touched it.

I refuse to play another game until I beat FFIX.

Those pesky old-school RPGs can be hard to get into once you lose any kind of momentum.
Yeah, Red Dead Redemption is another good one. I actually bought that one, and it was worth it. I've gotten a lot out of it, and even done a good deal of the online. I've been taking a break from it to play some other stuff, but I think it's a great game as well.

As for the trouble with getting into the old-school RPG's once you've lost your momentum. I understand how that goes. When I was playing FFIX, way back around the time when it first came out. I lost my momentum somehow, and then I didn't end up finishing it until something like six months later. Though it was totally worth it of course.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Also, I've been looking for a gaming headset lately, not a high dollar one, but a high end one nonetheless. I've been thinking about the Creative Fatal1ty gaming headset (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6826158075) this one's got built in X-fi, 5.1 surround sound, detachable mic, and the mic's a boom mic, so noise cancellation. What I'm getting at here though is does anyone else have a gaming headset for a little cheaper than 70$ that they know of?
Dominion
This is my new home

Post by Dominion »

for what it's worth, i have that headset and i use it every time i'm at my computer in lieu of my stereo speakers. it works quite well and has clear reception and a long cord. i can't say how well the mic works because i'm not a proponent of mic usage but i do like the fact that i can detach it

as for games none of them are worth 60$. NONE. do yourself a favor and wait till they are dropped to 20$ or less. consider playing older games too since they are basically free right now until the guv decides to permanently clamp down on downloading.
i had this picture that outlined all the good (PC) games from the past 2 decades but i cant. ask around 4chan for it if you're curious, otherwise take up a physical hobby.
"Happiness is an inside job"