Deadliest Warrior the game

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Do you like the show and would you buy the game for ten dollars?

Love the show and own/will own the game
14%
Love the show and would try the free demo
14%
Love the show and a ten dollar fighting game is going to suck balls so I would not buy or try
No votes
Hate the show but would buy the game to play the coolest warriors in history (or something like that)
14%
Hate the show but would try the free demo
14%
Hate the show so I am as sure as hell going to hate the game
No votes
What the f*** is the Deadliest Warrior??
43%
Middle of the road (dont like or hate show and might or might not try the game)
No votes

Total votes: 7

Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Deadliest Warrior the game

Post by Sandman »

Just down loaded deadliest warrior the game and it is just what i have been looking for a cheap intressing game that I can have fun with and put down without feeling ripped off.

Features include: ONE HIT KILLS!!!!!! ( I forget what other old samurai game did this but it is awesome if you can pull it off), de-limbing and beheading :twisted:, final moves which are pretty brutal, blood lots of blood, and injures just to name a few.

I have only played it a couple of times and it only has a couple of flaws; short combos ( not really a bad thing but some times you just want moves to keep going and going and going... you get the picture), free run can be a pain or a welcome way of escape but mostly a pain, timing also seems a bit off but not by much and if you enemy starts in on an attack you cant do any thing about it.

Like I said i have only played it a couple of times as the Apache and ninja but all in all 8.5 out of 10
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Starnum
Elven King

Re: Deadliest Warrior the game

Post by Starnum »

I like the show. I'll have to DL the demo if it's on PSN and give it a try. I saw it on Game Trailers, and the main problem that I saw was that it looked like there was some clipping issues, like the guy's sword cutting through a full armor knight without actually cutting him in half or damaging the armor at all. Oh and the samurai game you're thinking of that had 1-hit kills was Bushido Blade. I played that a lot back in the day, fun game.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

I have a big problem with the show and they're supposed scientific approach. I like how they show fighting styles and weaponry, that's the highlight of the show, but when they draw their conclusions based off a single test attempt and then input those highly biased results on a computer program to compute meaningless numbers, that's where they lose me.

I watched a couple of videos of the video game and it doesn't look that bad. It has serious clipping issues and unpolished visuals, but having to watch your stamina, arsenal and available body parts seems quite interesting for a fighting mechanic.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

I like the concept of the show but the execution is borderline unwatchable. First of all it does NOT need to be an hour long show, they drag that shit out HARD. Second, they always do whatever they can to make the "EDGE, ______" thing even, which means pitting up weapons that have little or no connection beyond some arbitrary distance or "Special Weapon" category.

The avatar stuff on XBL looked pretty neat though.
ImageImage
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I never take the results very seriously. I just love seeing the different types of warriors and fighting styles, and all the weapons and exhibitions. That's definitely the highlight of the show for me. The rest is whatever.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Starnum wrote:Yeah, I never take the results very seriously. I just love seeing the different types of warriors and fighting styles, and all the weapons and exhibitions. That's definitely the highlight of the show for me. The rest is whatever.

I would have to agree, great concept, but for how much they repeat them selves is insane... but you got to love seeing and hearing all the stuff that made being a warrior great. :twisted:

Side Note: I would love to see a Guts style fighter on the show. not a knight but a raiding mercenary... with a huge sword a course... a horse slayer or something :twisted:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip: