Starcraft 2 beta

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Starcraft 2 beta

Post by dialdfordesi »

Has anyone been playing? There is a way to make it so that you can play offline without the need for any of that beta key malarchy, but you play against AI. Mods also exist so that you can tweak the difficulty of the AI, but I'm keeping mine on the lowest so that I can just check out the units. It plays just like Starcraft but with different units, some being removed altogether (no lurkers?!). It's a blast and it's very worthwhile to check out. As I recall it's kind of against the TOS to post anything that would have legal implications so I'll refrain from posting the link to download stuff and enjoy some awesome SC2 action, but if you're interested in checking it out, PM starcracked 7.0 and things should come up.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Re: Starcraft 2 beta

Post by DrPepperPro »

It's pretty good, but I'm looking forward most to playing/making UMS games.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

So, the game's out. No new threads. I presume here nobody gives a shit about Starcraft 2?

Let me know if it's any good. I've heard really, really positive things about it. But no Zerg compaign makes me sad. I'll wait for that one to come out and get that instead, probably.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

I used to care, I don't anymore though. I think I'll wait til the other 2 campaigns are out.
dialdfordesi

Post by dialdfordesi »

The campaign's fun. They tweaked it enough to where it's not the same old stuff every time. The missions will more often than not have unique scenarios that set it apart from being a match vs. the AI. You also get money for missions you do and you can use the cash to upgrade units and get mercenaries (think hero units from sc1, where they're just stronger but that's it), and they have some of the classic units that were axed from mp.

Multiplayer, as always, is a blast. I enjoy the pace and I am really happy that Blizzard went with the "if it ain't broke" mentality. The best part is that with battle.net you can now add people that also have battle.net and are your facebook friends, so it's real easy to get things going.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

I have to say I'm a little disappointed by the campaign's story. It lacks that certain frugality that made the first one so much fun to go through, you had to figure out a lot by yourself. Very subtle. This one's been a little too open in its representation of the Dominion as a bunch of irredeemable, unrepentant bastards. Seeing the dominion trying to do their best to save civilians would have been a good way to add a little more depth to their side. And the last part of the whole prophecy mini-campaign felt almost cartoonishly simple. I mean, c'mon guys, Starcarft bad guys don't gloat in that overly expository manner specifically designed to give you plot-relevant information. That's Bungie's bad guys' job.
There are moments of genius, though, the "I ain't that good" scene, with that certain person picking up the cigarette after the other person left, was perfect. Good in every possible way.

The campaign as a whole is awesome, but it will make your eyes bleed internally. People blink too little when playing Starcraft, for some reason.

Anyone up for a battle.net game?

P.S. Am I the only who thinks Reapers are the best thing since sliced bread?
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
dialdfordesi

Post by dialdfordesi »

Reapers are pretty awesome for their harass, but the thing I love most is spawn larva. The queen is so awesome now!
Trust me, I'm a doctor!