Guys, I need a picture of Guts being really pissed off.

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

Femto
Devourer of Children

Guys, I need a picture of Guts being really pissed off.

Post by Femto »

Preferably from the manga.

I'm writing an article for my site where I assign the various Lantern Corps rings to whichever fictional character I can think of and rage is going to Guts but I haven't for the life of me been able to find a decent picture of him where he's really tearing shit up.

I have very little of the Berserk stuff I used to have and I thought you guys might have something worthwhile.

Something higher res would be nice but nothing ridiculously obnoxious.

I don't have a reward or anything but I do plan on drawing all these characters together eventually once I finalize that list and then I'll throw it on here.

Maybe I should post this in the Berserk forum but whatever.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Re: Guys, I need a picture of Guts being really pissed off.

Post by War Machine »

Last edited by War Machine on Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I've seen the first one and it's really good except that I need it to be wider.

Like at least 600 px wide.

I'm really anal about format and shit like that and that's the maximum width my blog will allow for images so that's what I use.

I guess I should've mentioned that also.

I'm thinking of maybe a scan from the manga of some crazy wide panel of him cutting people into pieces.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Last edited by War Machine on Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

War Machine wrote:Image
This may be exactly what I was looking for.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

It's a shame that there's a crease in the middle of the page.
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

Japanese raws, better quality: http://mangahelpers.com/m/berserk/raws/
I think that one you quoted is from v17

edit:
oh and I think this would work best.

Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Sounds interesting, let me know what other characters you plan to use for the other corps.

Scrooge McDuck for Avarice?

Obama for Hope?

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

As I said, Guts is rage.

Darth Vader is fear.

Gollum is avarice (which is my most inspired choice so far).

Superman is hope.

I'm having trouble with the last three but I'm thinking John McClane could be willpower and Kenshin could be compassion.

Love = I have no idea.

DrPepperPro: That image is really good but the text kinda kills it and it's too tall.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Eldo wrote: Scrooge McDuck for Avarice?

After talking with some people about the subject ad nauseum (NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRDSSSS!) It makes a bit more sense for Scrooge to actually be a green lantern since his fortune was amassed by massive willpower and he is still essentially able to be generous and loving. Flintheart Glomgold would be an orange lantern, he is Scrooges rival and has none of his scruples about committing crimes to get rich.

You know who would probably make a good Violet Lantern? Gomez Addams.
ImageImage
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

You could also do Goku for hope.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Goku is totally rage.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Hm, well I just always compare Goku to Superman, because of how he's like the outstanding good guy who always shows up at the last second to save the day in the name of justice, and all that good stuff.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Starnum wrote:Hm, well I just always compare Goku to Superman, because of how he's like the outstanding good guy who always shows up at the last second to save the day in the name of justice, and all that good stuff.
But he fucking powers up because of rage and anger, so he's not exactly 'hope'. But yeah, I get what you mean.
Tempest wrote:After talking with some people about the subject ad nauseum (NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRDSSSS!) It makes a bit more sense for Scrooge to actually be a green lantern since his fortune was amassed by massive willpower and he is still essentially able to be generous and loving. Flintheart Glomgold would be an orange lantern, he is Scrooges rival and has none of his scruples about committing crimes to get rich.
Wait, what? By that logic, Glenn Beck must be a Green Lantern because he uses massive willpower to be a douche.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Eldo wrote: Wait, what? By that logic, Glenn Beck must be a Green Lantern because he uses massive willpower to be a douche.
:?

You see, Scrooge goes through the trouble to acquire his wealth through (mostly) legitimate means. He has a personal drive to succeed, but he isn't obsessed with getting wealth at the cost of his integrity. Glenn Beck would be a yellow lantern because he's a fear-mongering douchebag and can't resist the urge to whore himself out.
ImageImage
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Tempest wrote:
Eldo wrote: Wait, what? By that logic, Glenn Beck must be a Green Lantern because he uses massive willpower to be a douche.
:?

You see, Scrooge goes through the trouble to acquire his wealth through (mostly) legitimate means. He has a personal drive to succeed, but he isn't obsessed with getting wealth at the cost of his integrity.
But he does all this because he's greedy.

That he requires willpower to succeed is inconsequential because Scrooge wanting money, i.e. greed, is the ultimate motivation behind his actions.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

But he is willing to spend money to save his nephews. The main premise of the very first episode of Ducktails was that Scrooge wasn't really happy with just his money, and it wasn't until he had to take care of his nephews that he started to appreciate the value of love and kindness, leading to him wanting to go on adventures.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Such a deep and multifaceted character, that Scrooge McDuck.

What's this thread about again?

Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Eldo wrote:What's this thread about again?
My cock up your ass.

I think Wander from Shadow of the Colossus could be love but I hate that fucking game.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Eldo wrote:
Starnum wrote:Hm, well I just always compare Goku to Superman, because of how he's like the outstanding good guy who always shows up at the last second to save the day in the name of justice, and all that good stuff.
But he fucking powers up because of rage and anger, so he's not exactly 'hope'. But yeah, I get what you mean.
I understand where you guys are coming from, but the only time Goku ever really got seriously angry was during the fight with Frieza, right?
tsubaimomo
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by tsubaimomo »

Sure he gets angry at times, but never the sort of rage that Guts has. When I think of Gokuu's character, I think of a happy guy that never gives up. Now, if you want a reeeeeaal character that embodies hope, then how about Satan-san (Hercule)?
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

The fact of the matter is, there isn't a single character in DBZ that could inspire hope in all but the most superficial of ways because well, DBZ is a very superficial and shallow show.

Superman is where it's at.

Anyway, my list is done.

http://www.sebastianvonbuchwald.com/201 ... dorkiness/

I picked Link for willpower and Jessica Rabbit for love.

Jesus could totally be compassion (or love) but I picked Kenshin.

I'm really excited about drawing this.

Most of these characters I've never drawn before.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Kenshin, w00t! I wanna see that one when you get done with it.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Good choices overall, but this sentence...
This is a guy [Guts] that *SPOILERS* cut his own damn arm off in a fit of rage *SPOILERS*
Doesn't sit well with me. You're really diminishing the complexity of that moment.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I was thinking something along those lines as well. Technically he cut his arm off to save Casca, but I'm not going to say he wasn't mad as hell at the time.

All of your choices are really good though. I especially like the choices of Guts, Kenshin, Gollum, and Darth Vader. ;)