PSN US Account doesnt work

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

thepeaguy
notanewb

PSN US Account doesnt work

Post by thepeaguy »

Hi. Any Euro members here with ps3s having problems with their US accounts?

I set one up to download games from the US Store because they have a better selection without the crappy 50hz borders. For some reason today, the account doesn't fucking work - it's suspended for an unknown reason.

I want a refund. Tossers.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Re: PSN US Account doesnt work

Post by War Machine »

Really? You didn't share that account with anyone else who might have gotten it suspended? Call the US customer support and find out what happened, as far as I know, owning an account from another region is not a problem.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
thepeaguy
notanewb

Post by thepeaguy »

My only theory might be to do with using an American address. Maybe the adresse had some Sony junk delivered and filed a complaint, which in turn made Sony suspicious of my account. I don't recall ticking the "send junk" crap though.

I sent a complaint anyway by email. If I phoned using my accent it won't work in my favour.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

You should check your account again, from what I hear, Sony usually states that your account has been banned and then mentions the reason why. They don't lock you out just like that. Also, most bans are temporary, Sony has a history of being more merciful than Microsoft with their ban hammer.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
thepeaguy
notanewb

Post by thepeaguy »

Well, the account is back, but I'm missing some games I paid for. *grumble*

I'm contacting Sony again to get a refund of sorts - no way am I paying FF8, Soul Reaver, Suikoden and Wild Arms again.