Google Chrome OS.

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

Femto
Devourer of Children

Google Chrome OS.

Post by Femto »

Thoughts?

As far as I'm concerned, no Team Fortress 2, no sell.

Pretty wild stuff though.
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Re: Google Chrome OS.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Seems like Chrome OS fits pretty well in the netbook framework, getting all the basics that you need to get done online pretty nicely. With that beign said, Chrome isn't for me as I need to have OneNote on my computer or I'd be SOL for classes.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I don't know about the OS, but I've been using the web browser for a few weeks now, and it's pretty spiffy.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Google has been pushing for a market of secondary computers, in other words, they made the OS to work for people who already have a main computer and are looking for something else to go along with it. As a secondary OS, it's quite nice and I can certainly see people wanting to dual boot into Chrome OS on their laptops, but I'm all about functionality and restriction in that doesn't sit well with me.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Chrome OS will probably be a great sell for the older populations. It boots up real quick and gets all the internet based functions done easiily. I could definitely see this myself installing this on a computer for my mom.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!