Berserk 307 - Falconia

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Starnum
Elven King

Berserk 307 - Falconia

Post by Starnum »

ZOMG it's Berseks! Get it while it's hot!

[Evil_Genius]Berserk_v35c307

Be sure to check the special announcement at the end of the chapter to see what the big news is all about!

[spoiler]Fantasia arc / Chapter of Elf Island begins next time, Oct. 9th![/spoiler]
turkey
Found the Edit button

Re: Berserk 307 - Falconia

Post by turkey »

hehehe it s here at last. thank you oh so very much eg :D

edit: cheers! good chapter lol
gandalf
imanewbie

Post by gandalf »

thx a lot EG
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

To clarify about the thing at the bottom of the note page in this chapter, that's from the back of the Young Animal magazine, it's a little statement/quote from Miura. So we'll be including these there from now on when possible.

This will probably be felt and said by every single Berserk fan so:
I'm EXTREMELY excited for the new Chapter of Elf Island (and the Fantasia Arc).
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Direct Download of this chapter is ready at the same place as always:

http://berserk.kicks-ass.net/
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Man the art in this chapter was amazing. Miura really did a phenomenal job of making Falconia look like a thing of wonder.

And that last image with Guts' hand is a pretty sick way to announce the Elf Island arc.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Vivioch
imanewbie

Post by Vivioch »

Im glad that Daiba is still alive. I really hope he decides to serve under Femto/Femto doesnt decide to kill him. Im not sure what to expect from Elfhelm but Im so excited :].

Also, I find it cute that Guts was found under a corpse hanging from a tree and Falconia was found near a corpse which became a tree.
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

Vivioch wrote:Also, I find it cute that Guts was found under a corpse hanging from a tree and Falconia was found near a corpse which became a tree.
Awesome parallel there!
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

This.chapter.was.perfect.
Wait.
It was beyond mere perfection.
Miura continues to blow my mind. No matter how high my expectations, they always fall short.
Thanks EG, a truly fitting scanlation.

PS: Did anyone else notice that it was always the children who took the initiative?
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

i like how ganishka turned into a big tree and all his little pieces turned into a pointy forest. that'll be like a guardian forest of falconia i bet.

thank god we're getting on with it! i missed puck and isidro and guts and roderick (even though i know the last one's a newbie character)

thanks eg
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

holy fffffffffffffffuuuuuuuccckkk
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

Two things are infinite: the greatness of Berserk and human stupidity; and I'm sure about both of them.

_______________________________lol________________________________________________-Albert Einstein (from the future, where he was is obviously)
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Oh. WOW. Miura just blows my mind.

Thanks as always, EG! You guys rock, and I love the wonderful job you do every time on Miura's masterpiece.
FightClub
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by FightClub »

You just made my day, thanks for all the hard work EG, now relax while I get to the fun part.
Rolos wrote:-He was born from a corpse? Has been killing (or assisting in the process) people ever since he was 5? Hahahaa...talk about having a shitty life. Its hilarious because he's not me.
madonnalal
notanewb

Post by madonnalal »

Thank you guys so much! I'm super excited for the elf island arc. I feel like I've been waiting for this arc for half of my life instead of just a year or so.
I don't know about the rest of you, but I always kind of felt that elf island was going to be the turning point of Berserk. Is Caska going to get her memories back? If she does, is she going to stay with Gutts? There's no real way to try and predict the ending without knowing what's going to happen there. I feel like we are finally going to see what the Berserk world is really like. We are going to meet a power that might be able to stand up to the godhand. I really hope the elf king isn't a huge let down.
Anyway, enough fangirl ramblings. Good release guys! We'll find out on the 9th how this is going down :thumbsup:
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Vivioch wrote:Also, I find it cute that Guts was found under a corpse hanging from a tree and Falconia was found near a corpse which became a tree.
Wow I'm impressed with your first post. Justin Bailey would be proud.

Thanks to Miura, EG and everyone whos been sticking with Berserk all this time. If it weren't for everyones rabid fandom I would feel left out =]
Facade19
Mastered PM

Post by Facade19 »

Has it been really over 3 months?
WOW, time flew by, well at least if you were busy.
Anyway, thank you very much EG for another fantastic release!
Mail
Mastered PM

Post by Mail »

:shock:

Amazing. Thanks for the hard work EG!!

Is 308 really coming out the 9th?
hbi2k

Post by hbi2k »

Wow, really nice to see you guys have such high-quality raws to work with. I know you have to kind of take what you can get sometimes, and I've never had any major complaints about the quality of the scans, but this time it really was above and beyond. Especially nice since this chapter was so heavy on great big splash pages.
Berserk: The Abridged Series: Beating a dead horse with another dead horse.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Woo, Chapter of Elf Island, sweet!
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

i find it funny how we are all more interested in the chapter coming out next week than the one that just did
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
hbi2k

Post by hbi2k »

The Herald wrote:i find it funny how we are all more interested in the chapter coming out next week than the one that just did
Well, to be fair, this chapter was pretty, but not much really happened. Griffith has a shiny new city. Maybe it'll affect the plot later and maybe it won't, but it's not much compared to the possibility of Casca getting her mind back. (-:
Berserk: The Abridged Series: Beating a dead horse with another dead horse.
papasith

Post by papasith »

ya this entire griffth arc i feel is not not great per say on its own, but what intereast me about all this is how gutts and the others wil lreact to all this and what implications this has for them standing against him
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

I forgot to add my obligatory "Thanks EG, you rock!" quote in the previous post (posted rather hasty at work) so here it is :D

Just finished reading the chapter. It was rather cool and awe-inspiring.

[spoiler]Fantasia looks really awesome. Like a mix of greek, roman, mayan and babylonian architecture. I can spot 2 colosseums, 2 greekish libraries, something that looks like the north acropolis or the Palkhor Monastery (and yeah, I just fucking googled that last one). The huge wall in the back, especially on page 12-13, reminds me of the black gate of Mordor.

The "From now on a new world and a new nation begins" made me think about if Griffith will be a just ruler or just another tyrant. Because until now, as hard as it is to write knowing what he did to the Hawks, living under his rule in Midland seems like a real blessing for the people. There seems to be no (at least from the higher ups) racism, and humans and demons are pretty much equal. Plus the new city looks awesome indeed.

But knowing Berserk and Miura, and having seen all the strange goblins and trolls coming from their hiding when the light hit the world, this utopia probably won't last very long.[/spoiler]

And I'm so psyched to see Guts and company get to elf island. I just hope that something is done about Caska soon, for the better or worse.

Edit: LOL at "Actually, I completely forgot about that anniversery, it's the first time in 20 years." - is that an actual Miura-quote?
tsubaimomo

Post by tsubaimomo »

Aetherfukz wrote:Fantasia looks really awesome. Like a mix of greek, roman, mayan and babylonian architecture.
Fantasia... THIS. IS. FALCONIA!!!

"Millennium Falcon Arc / Chapter of Falconia / Falconia" ...Perhaps that's enough Falconia for now, let's move on to Guts. Later on however, it will be interesting to see how Griffith's kingdom develops... will all of his cities have this style? If I were some peasant who was not living in Falconia, I'd surely be moving there!