I have succumbed.

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

Femto
Devourer of Children

I have succumbed.

Post by Femto »

I'm on Facebook.

I refused to join for so long but I just did.

I feel dirty.

My last bastion of dignity shall be not joining MySpace.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Re: I have succumbed.

Post by Aetherfukz »

Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

U better friend me mister!
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Buzkashi wrote:U better friend me mister!
Give me your e-mail or some shit then.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I'm still not cool with the concept of facebook.

Hence, I don't have it.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

You're just not cool in general.

(I'm cool now because I have Facebook.)
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I friended you.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

:kekeke:

+1
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

facebook is evil and femto being on it just proves the fact
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

The Herald wrote:facebook is evil and femto being on it just proves the fact
Ha! Well, I finally gave in and made a Myspace account years ago before Facebook blew up. So I'm not going to join yet another networking site. One is more than enough, and technically it's not even the only profile I have. >.>

I haven't even logged into Myspace in months, meh.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

As filthy as I feel for joining, it's a pretty good place to keep up with people and just a well built site in general.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, that's why I ended up getting on Myspace. If I had more people to keep in touch with on Facebook, I'd prolly get on there too. However, most of my online social networking needs seem to be taken care of, for now at least. I don't actually have anything against Facebook, and from what I've heard it's better than Myspace (which I barely use as it is), I just have enough profiles already. XD
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

mousehunt is pretty cool. which reminds me, i should go back and check my trap

.... damn it
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

So I'm thinking of getting Facebook, but personally, I hate those blogging and shit like that. But MSN is a dying breed and everyone uses Facebook for communication. Can anyone give me a couple of reasons as to why Facebook is da bomb?

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

It makes keeping in touch with people a real ease.

In-browser chat.

And if you get someone that uses Facebook like Twitter and writes inconsequential crap every hour, you can just hide their posts.

It's a pretty well put together site, in general.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

My major problem with Facebook is some of the bad publicity I've read. Recent changes and all. And how bosses and insurance agencies can read your Facebook stuff and screw you over or something. That's the major thing that's preventing me from getting it.

Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Well, since your not a member yet then any changes made up to the point you join will be a non-issue since you haven't experienced the old stuff in the first place.

Also, what information you choose to give and what you post on it is clearly up to you.

Regardless, if you have an e-mail account then you're already prone to people reading your private stuff so whatever.

It's just the way of the internet.
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

The only facebook stuff that can give you bad reps with anyone are the pics and stuff you post, or have posted on your wall. A lot of the privacy settings allow you to tightly control. So, say that you have a group of friends that you always get piss drunk with and act like an all around ass with. You can have it so when someone busts out the camera, only friends can see the pics. What if your boss friends you? You can add exceptions to where your boss can't see jack. Once my relatives, parents, and my girlfriend's parents added me on facebook, I definitely made it so all they can see is my basic info.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Femto wrote:Regardless, if you have an e-mail account then you're already prone to people reading your private stuff so whatever.
PGP dude. PGP.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

So I signed on for Facebook 2 days ago in a morning before work. Then, when it recommended my 'friends', it included a list of everyone I went to high school and primary school with, which scared me and I closed the browser and left it as that. Then, somehow, after checking my email, some guy I knew added me to their friend list and I had no idea how that happened. I was pretty sure I haven't pressed the link to activate the account, nor had I added other people as my friends. It's just weird and scary to me at the same time. I'm a bit... reserved about this thing.

Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I think it's cute how you're scared of technology.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Thanks mate. Wanna make out?

Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Absofuckinglutely.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Eldo wrote:So I signed on for Facebook 2 days ago in a morning before work. Then, when it recommended my 'friends', it included a list of everyone I went to high school and primary school with, which scared me and I closed the browser and left it as that. Then, somehow, after checking my email, some guy I knew added me to their friend list and I had no idea how that happened. I was pretty sure I haven't pressed the link to activate the account, nor had I added other people as my friends. It's just weird and scary to me at the same time. I'm a bit... reserved about this thing.
I know that feeling. Just some days ago I logged in to youtube, and suddenly it recommended that I subscribe to 2 channels of RL friends who also have a youtube account. Now, I don't have those contacts in my gmail account (which is for internet anonymous stuff only and I have another account not on gmail for my RL stuff), I only have them added in skype. Now how exactly does google know those 2 are friends of mine?
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

gmail really bothers me how it has ads that relate exactly to the content of your message. that means its not keeping your messages private. one of the reasons i keep hotmail, it's not as nice, but if you're a windows live onecare user its way safer