help me understand

Evil-Genius' latest information on its current projects: Angel Heart, Biomega, Watanabe, and Zetman.

Moderator: EG Members

caktus
notanewb

help me understand

Post by caktus »

what is the definition of a good thread im really sorry i have no idea my thread was that bad i wont be writing any from now on so relax.i am just curious about a lot of weird thing thats whats with the weird topic sorry wont bother you guys anymore. bye
acibon
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

:?
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Well...take this thread for example...

And read more books.

Firstly, if you're not good at creating threads, don't create MORE of it. That's really annoying. Don't start threads with vague titles, like 'Death is'. WTF?

Don't start a thread that's already there. Don't repeat other people's shit. Some people have zero tolerance for that, like the author of the original thread.

Try to complete your sentence when you start threads as a title. I don't want to click to find out your thread is absolute garbage because I was misled by your incomplete sentence structure in your title. If you have a question, write it fully and make sure it makes sense. Post in other threads that is relevent to your query, don't just start one.

Posting is not a crime. But apparently, starting ambigious threads is bound piss people off. I'm sure Starnum would have ripped through your post and count the grammer and punctuation errors. Since English is not your native language, make an effort to learn it and type everything in full, and check grammer and punctuation. That helps you learn and improve in the language. English is my second language too, and it took me a long time to hone it to a point where I can barely use it to communicate. And it's also one of my worst subjects in school (I'm a maths freak). You have all the tools in your hands, translation, word processor....I suggest you use it. Now, about your punctuation...

Mind you, if you start threads of the same nature as before, I would continue to belittle the topic or grind it into shit. Or I could just ignore it.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Heh, that's funny, but I still like the other one better. I especially liked the part in the other one where the "A" was all pissed off at the "$". As for you caktus...um...what Eldo said. Yeah, that's it.

Really, there's no need to leave, but I'd stop making threads. Trying posting in some other threads for a while, before you start making your own. That goes to all the newbies out there too.

Also, use a word processor. Shit, even I use one, and believe me; it helps. Proof your posts. I proof every post I make, anywhere, at least once. I care more than others, but I'm compulsive. However, in the long run, people appreciate being able to tell what they fuck you're talking about, regardless.

I think that's where you went wrong. It wasn't necessarily the topic of your threads, but the fact that your English was far to bad, to be lazy. Most couldn't tell what the hell you were talking about. As you just kept pumping out these obscure ass threads, people began to get more and more annoyed. I’m not hating on you, but rather, just letting you know what’s up. Oh well, better luck in the future. ;)
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

OK, Caktus:

THERE'S NO NEED TO LEAVE, NOBODY HATES YOU!!

I quite enjoyed the entertainment you supplied to me. Just refrain from starting threads in the future. I knew you weren't from a English-speaking country, so I was quite sympathetic towards your 'situation/dilemma'. There's really no need to leave, but if you feel like the pain is too much, then you're a coward. Act like nothing has happened. Life goes on. It's pathetic that you stop posting because someone or a group of people flamed you or roast you to a crisp (unless you have commitments like job, education, family). This occurences happen in real life as well. Everyone, and I mean, EVERYONE is a noob and brain-dead fool at the beginning. It is through the mistakes we learn that gives us more knowledge and intellect. Make use of this chance to improve in your English and apply this in real life (tm).

PS: I had no idea you were intimidated by us that you had to leave. It was until I read Starnum's post that I realise that. The lack of fullstops in sentences really lost my interest in reading any further in your post.

It's also weird that caktus' last post was asking what was wrong with him. Which also means that if he should never return to this forum, he would never see these replies, or make a reply to this. I just think it's strange to have a question as a last post and intending to never replying or coming back to this forum. So how are we supposed to help you? If you don't make a reply within 2 days, I'll personally see to it that you have your own 'RIP Caktus' thread in off-the-wall which will honour the time you have spend with us, and your crazy antics. Godspeed and may the lord bless you.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
caktus
notanewb

Post by caktus »

thanks for the reply,maybe i'll be back a littlte bit later .
again thanks for the honest suggestions.
acibon
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Damn if you think whay they threw at you was bad, you should have been there for the Nomad Era.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

One of the stupidest threads that nomad ever started was asking for 'a interview with Muira' for his school assignment. I thought that was estupido.

Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Whatever you dished out to nomad I am sure was too easy. My god.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Trust me it wasnt. Many an 0make was dedicated to him.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

So he got a royal raping. From just that alone and some of the other comments I have heard yall make he probably he sounds like he deserved it atleast. That is a stupid thread though.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Nomad brought out the best in flamers across the board. Good examples of Flamers who F'ed Nomad in the A are: Shisho, Starnum, Dos etc.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, he just kindled something deep within that brought forth the power of BURN! Damn, I can't believe we still talk about him. His stupidity has become legendary. That's just sad.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

He's like William Hung.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

*Laughs* Heh, yeah, I guess so.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

"Someday, all the assholes in the world are going to build a statue of him."

Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Domminion no offense man..
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I see Forsaken Nomad made it here. Until I see some proof or he uses the same avatar back in DP...I'll hold off for now.

psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

He has one post, but it quickly made it into the [censored]-it bucket.

The 'real' nomad has an aim of: ForsakenNomad

This one doesn't seem like the original.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Dang were seeing many a comeback, first Shisho then Nomad. Im becoming a happy man, seems like its gona get a lot more intersting latley
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I doubt it was the real Forsaken Nomad.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I figured the same. He wouldn't be stupid enough to resume his identity here. He'll go under a fake name, and change his IP. Then, he'll try to blend in with the rest of the flock...

psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

This assumes he knows understands what an IP address is, and how to change it which happens frequently, but most people in the world don't know how or why.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Can you tell me how or why? pleeeaseee :P
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Last edited by psi29a on Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.