summer sucks

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

papasith
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Re: summer sucks

Post by papasith »

i just know that it has been over 100 degrees outside where i live, and who knows what the heat index is. screw going outside.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Shit yeah dude, here too. I know how you feel. It's crazy out there. Just getting in my car is like stepping into an oven. My AC doesn't work very well either, so it sucks.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Shiva wrote:
The Herald wrote:Haha, real funny. I don't mean any disrespect, I just find it a real backwards country is all.
Me either though it could look like that^^ Anyway please tell me about this horrible modern history?
... WWI and WWII come to mind (especially the concentration and death camps), oh yeah, and the whole USSR debacle up until the 1990s ... all not being Polands fault of course, Poland hasnt really been all that strong a country since it was Prussia.

Yay, history lesson, anyways, I went to see a Shinedown concert and got stranded in the city ... I really fucking need my drivers license, which in BC is graduated, and I failed the driving test 4 times ... 5th times a charm!
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
Shiva
Mastered PM

Post by Shiva »

The Herald wrote:Poland hasnt really been all that strong a country since it was Prussia.
:shock: I'm kinda confused heh. Poland becomes Prussia in certan point of history? Or maybe my english sucks more than i thought?
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

This thread should be renamed "Prejudice'R'Us"...

Also:
Shiva wrote:
The Herald wrote:Poland hasnt really been all that strong a country since it was Prussia.
:shock: I'm kinda confused heh. Poland becomes Prussia in certan point of history? Or maybe my english sucks more than i thought?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of ... _of_Poland - that's the only thing I can think of the Herald meant with that quote.
Shiva
Mastered PM

Post by Shiva »

Oh well let's end this. I've learned enough from Herald :D Anyway .... I've changed my mind. Come come to Poland. Rumors say that we have the most beaufitul women in the world. And we have summer time so they are half naked just for you 8)
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

OMG! This is supposed to be a stupid thread about summer, not what I think about Poland :? I have nothing against Polish people, it's just that I personally don't agree with the Polish government, much like I don't agree with the Chinese governent or American government at times. And I was of the opinion that Prussia, which is now Germany and the surrounding areas, had control of what today is considered Poland. That whole area of the world is messed up, confusing history as hell. And I have to learn it because I have heritage from there.

Now Aetherfuks, tell me something about Canadian history that you know without looking it up on Wikipedia? So sue me if I was a little off in my info, Canadians have to learn the history of basically the whole world because we're such a fucking melting pot, even worse than America :sweat:
papasith

Post by papasith »

you know its hot outside when most the women are half naked and the only thing you can think about is the distance to an A/C
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

it's raining like hell where i am, all the farmers around here are really happy for it, but it's gotten chilly, only about 10 degrees celsius. i'm guessing there aren't many good places to swim around baton rouge, its all swamp there right?
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

The Herald wrote:it's raining like hell where i am, all the farmers around here are really happy for it, but it's gotten chilly, only about 10 degrees celsius. i'm guessing there aren't many good places to swim around baton rouge, its all swamp there right?
Yeah here too. Been raining for 4 days straight now, like hell. People wear their raincoats and jackets again like it's freaking autumn.

Also: Facts I know about Canada without looking it up on wikipedia (or google for that matter :D) - they went up juno beach on D-Day, have a real good medical health care program, never started a war, have legalized marihuana for medicinical purposes, and apparently say "eh" and "aboot" a lot :P

Yeah not so much too, but at least I wasn't like "Canada sucks since it stopped being the USA"? :D (j/k)
papasith

Post by papasith »

The Herald wrote:it's raining like hell where i am, all the farmers around here are really happy for it, but it's gotten chilly, only about 10 degrees celsius. i'm guessing there aren't many good places to swim around baton rouge, its all swamp there right?
not nearly as much swap in louisiana as im told alot of people expect here. but i can tell you it is really really hot, and really really humid. not many places to swim, unless you want to go to someones pool, pay to get in a water park, or swim in some real nasty lake.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

So, I've been in Karate for a month, and all the snot nosed teenaged boys are coming out of the woodwork, and for some reason 17 year olds have black belts because they started when they were four. I've seen the kids classes, its such a joke. Here I am, a white belt, coming out of class with blue and black arms and the muscles in my legs looking like they're about to burst, and the red belts in the kids classes don't even have to do weight training or even the same damn kata. Rargh. But at least I look tougher than my buddies who don't have enough guts to do the karate. :pwned:
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Why not practice a more practical martial art such as boxing or jiu jitsu??
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Because I've done boxing before, and kickboxing, fencing (epee and broadsword), and taekwondo, and not only did I want to try a different one, I like karate's style. And Karate is totally practical, every one is all in the eye of the beholder. Karate is like one hit KO sort of stuff, and in a fight against multiples you don't want a long drawn out thing. Plus its all about getting tough and hitting fast and hard. Plus, I don't want cauliflower ear ;).
papasith

Post by papasith »

jiu jitsu and most of the other forms related to it are really neat to learn. its all about why martial arts where originally made, so a smaller guy could taker on a bigger stronger opponent and win
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I'm not downing karate at all, the current UFC LHW champ is a karate master after all. I"m just saying with those types of martial arts it takes years to get to the level to where u get that "1 hit ko" power. If you get it at all.

Boxing i think would be better in the long run because they're not gonna try and force u to learn some kata. rather you'll learn to fight with the tools u possess. i.e someone with a long reach will learn outboxing or someone who is more stout and powerfull will learn to fight inside.

You smell me?
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Stand in the pocket and throw! that's my motto. ;)
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Haha, indeed, I do get you, and I'd love to learn all styles, but well, Mission really only has Karate. But my arms are covered in absolutely disgusting bruises, I'm lucky I can type this. When I get back to Vancouver I'm going to look at doing Kung Fu through UBC and swords through this place downtown called Academy Duello.

I lament for my arms though :cry:
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

I bought a Taser at a hunting and fishing shop in Antofagasta (most disgusting place I have ever seen) when I was 15. I haven't lost a fight ever since.
I'm not really much of a fighter, but when it comes down to it you can always expect me to back down like a bitch. When its really worth it, I then proceed to catch the guy off-guard and taser him. It hurts like hell, and, when I'm cautious enough and sneaked from the back, I usually punch the poor bastard on the ribs like he tries to shake it off. its really fun, unless the guy has friends. Then it sucks.
I'm not really the courageous type. :lol:
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

No, you're the sick and twisted type :lol: But I get that where you are and where I am are two totally different places. Plus Canada is considered one of the most docile countries in the world. But I am right in the thick of gang territory and I know a bunch of guys that were jumped, and out here in the near-boonies the gangs aren't afraid of the cops like they are in the city. I am lucky though, there are a lot of prisons around, which make my city safer than the one south of the river, oddly enough.

P.S. On another note, facebook is stupid and a time waster and I wish that people would just use their fucking emails. Like, what's the point of summer if you're not going to enjoy it ... wait a minute, I'm stuck inside on the computer too ... stupid job.
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

That sucks about getting stuck inside. Over the fourth I got to enjoy Colorado Springs. If you ever get a chance, you should check out the Garden of the Gods.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

I just had the most awesome experience of my life.
I was arguing with my brother, over something so insignificantly trivial (the batteries of the remote) we hadn't even raised our voices, when I, possessed by some sort of mad rage (combined with mind-numbing boredom), tassered him while yelling "UNLIMITED POWER".
It felt so awesome I cant even describe it....the ectasy! I then laughed until my lungs began to hurt. My brother, on the other side, didn't think it was funny.
I let him tasser me, for fairness sake, and we all had a good laugh afterwards. I had to promise to never use it again (except on self-defense) though , and that kinda sucks.

PD: Yeah, I was a little drunk at the time.
We were celebrating the fact that I passed every single subject (I had over a 6.0 (Let me see....in the American grading system a 6.0 would be around an A or an A+) in every single one of them.....fuck yeah!)of my first semester at the University I am attending to (the best this dump of a country has to offer) and next year I am going to be an exchange student on a yet-to-define University on Massachusets (or may be California). Scholarships are teh shit! :headbang:
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Well, keep it up. But now I can see why you need a taser, you're like an uber geek. At the same time you're retarded, using it on your bro?

I'm currently in agony over a fucking film paper. I know, it's just a film paper, but why the hell did I take a summer course again? Now, lets see where that cheese went, I need it to accompany all this whine ....

What else is everyone up to until life resumes in September?
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

I'm taking a math class during the summer cause I need to hurry up my courses if I expect to transfer to a university next year, the part that sucks though is that I can't go any faster since the courses I need are sequential, meaning that I have to take them one by one, so I'm kinda jaded by college. More than anything though I'm just worried about how I'm gonna deal with tuition at the university, I'd better get busy looking for scholarships during this last year in college.

So yeah, this summer is a little tense for me.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Me, I'm just slacking around and enjoying my time as much as I can before I kiss everything goodbye when school starts. I have 2 weeks before I head out.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!