summer sucks

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Re: summer sucks

Post by The Herald »

Yeah, I don't envy you, having to do all that physiology and pre-medical stuff. It'll get you a great job and respect from your peers and all that, but I'm still more into my degree. Only a month and a half left before I get to start taking measurements for actress' costumes ... giggidy.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Oh I'm past the pre-med stage...I'll be heading into med school.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Good job man, you excited?
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Yeah, and pretty nervous. I'm going to have to bust my ass for the next 5 years at least.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Yup, and all the examinations and the possibilty of continuing if you want to become a surgeon or something. And basically having to continuously keep getting recertified, that's the part my dad hates the most. Just don't have a kid (me) before you finish your residency like my old man, that would be unpleasant. Though, I'm glad I was born when my dad was in a shitty mood for 5 years, made me a lot tougher and more disciplined than my siblings.

On that note my one bro I haven't seen in days, I swear he's a vampire. No job and no school does that, and he's not even registered for post-secondary ... can you feel the disdain coming through my typing?
papasith
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by papasith »

ya im finishing up school to become an national registered EMT-basic right now. fun stuff
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

I'm not sure what that is, is it something to do with medicine? I really got to bone up on my knowledge of the American culture, considering I want to do my master's degree in either New York or LA ... Toronto or Vancouver again would be okay too, I guess.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

An EMT is an Emergency Medical Technician, or in other words an ambulance driver. They have to know how to do CPR and other stuff like that though, so it's an important job.
papasith
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by papasith »

ya sorry about that, basically i'll have more medical training then say a firefighter, or policeman might. i will be rideing on the ambulance with a paramedic, and one day in the next few years i will be a paramedic :D
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

so they closed the saturday night of the festival i work with because of a lightning storm so epic it can only be described as an act of God. right after the temperatures rose to almost 100 degrees farenheit and everyone was working outside, including me. safe to say i have heat stroke. and when i finally do return to work i have to deal with all of the saturday complaints. school can't come soon enough.
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

You actually want your vacations to end? Dude, that's pretty hard-core (and quite nerdy).
While University life is pretty fun (I'm not talking about the parties, studying is fun when you are working towards a goal of your choosing), taking a time to relax every now and then is....well....relaxing...
Juuust.....relaaaaaxxxxx... :)
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Summers been pretty good to me so far.

I just got into USC and will be attending in the spring.

I'm currently in Prague and will be chillin here and a few other spots (amsterdam ???)

gotta love life.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Mmmm.... Amsterdam...
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

relax, ha, that's rich. you want to know hard core? i'm taking summer classes ... why is this hardcore again? for me university means film club and living in the city by the beach. like i said, i'm in hill billy country with no car and a job that gives me heat stroke. whine whine bla bla

congrats into getting into usc, which one? i was thinking of going there, but the international fees alone would have killed me. go trojans .. hehe
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

In England for a bit. people talk funny here, everyone sounds cheerful, even when they are upset. haha In south kensington to be exact. Anyone know of anything fun to do in the uk? besides hitting bars? Also im desperatley trying to get to amsterdam without having to pay that much... hook a brother up.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Check out the sites, duh. You're in the world of castles and history and all you can think of doing is going to bars? When I lived in England I was 17 so I couldn't go to bars, which was lucky in a way. And it shouldn't be that expensive for you if you go through one of them cheapo airlines direct. I got to Belfast for only 50 pounds roundtrip, hostel included, you can probably do the same for Amsterdam. Though knowing you you'll be looking for fundage for weed, right?
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I'm not very keen on going to bars. If i could find a weed hook in london that would be grand...

Amsterdamn, i basicalyl want to go to see if the buds are as good as they say. I pretty much got the best shit in california already. Just want to see how amsterdamn compares.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Damn, and I'm dry since more than 2 month. :(
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

I'm not sure about London (at least weed wise) because I was living in Brighton for most of my stint, but in Canterbury there's this great hooka place that I'm pretty sure had some weed going on there if you're itching to travel. I'd research it though. Or maybe just get yourself into the country in some little B&B and take a chill, without any drugs or alcohol, might do ya good too.

Why again are you in London?
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

The Herald wrote: Or maybe just get yourself into the country [...] without any drugs or alcohol, might do ya good too.
HERESY!

In all seriousness though, isn't weed illegal in England?
As far as I know, Holland (where I lived up until I was 5) is the place to go if you want legal weed and easy, wild sex.
~Diogenes of Sinope
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

There's a point where you're a ladies man and then there's the point when you're a man whore, and well, Rolos my dear, you crossed that line a long time ago. Too bad you don't actually get paid for your services, but I doubt your crazy ass would be cut out for bing a gigolo.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

The Herald wrote:There's a point where you're a ladies man and then there's the point when you're a man whore, and well, Rolos my dear, you crossed that line a long time ago. Too bad you don't actually get paid for your services, but I doubt your crazy ass would be cut out for bing a gigolo.
"A woman wants one man to attend to her every need. A man wants every woman to attend to his one need."

Now, now, don't look like that, as this double standard is older than dirt :?
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Well ive been posted in prague, illin like a viliian, for a hot minute. I decided to take a holiday within a holiday and go to london. Which so far, has not impressed me that much. Though london mosque was pretty nice, and I was able to pray behind a very renowned sheikh (abdul alrhaman sudais), which was pretty rad. I'm leaving for prague, again, tomorrow.

I dont think I'll be coming back to england for a while.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Aetherfukz wrote:
The Herald wrote:There's a point where you're a ladies man and then there's the point when you're a man whore, and well, Rolos my dear, you crossed that line a long time ago. Too bad you don't actually get paid for your services, but I doubt your crazy ass would be cut out for bing a gigolo.
"A woman wants one man to attend to her every need. A man wants every woman to attend to his one need."

Now, now, don't look like that, as this double standard is older than dirt :?
I don't know whether to agree with you or to refute you. I know girls like that and guys like that, but I also know people who don't fit that standad at all. In the end, though, even if men, or women for that matter, want to fuck everything in sight, whether they hold back for sake of dignity is what makes them respectable, at least in that battle.
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

Why am I being accused of being a "man whore" just for mentioning the two main things Holland is famous for (from an hedonist's point of view) ?
I've lived there, and I know the place's cultural heritage is enormous, there is history in every corner. I know you could say the same thing about almost all Eurpoe, but since Holland was such a small country, and at the same time such a powerful mecantilist state, the amount of exotic (and ancient) stuff they gathered over time is much more likely to be seen by the casual tourist.
For example, there was this guy who played a strange music-producing machine (I know that sounds retarded...I just cant recall what the english equivalent for "Equipo de música" is) that worked with sheets of paper instead of disks of any kind....it was so awesome...also, he had a monkey. A dead one. And that monkey's eyes could see through your soul*. The windmills were awesome too. I cant remember anything else.
Anyway, as a tourist, besides museums and other cultural attractions, you also want to know how the locals have fun. And Holland happens to be famous for how incredibly wild (and stupefied) its people can get when they party. So I was telling Buzkashi he should check it out.

PD: To hell with it, I admit it. I always try to get laid whenever I am overseas. It's easier, it never has any negative consequences (unless you are retarded and do something stupid) and it's just plainly awesome.

* I was very impressionable as a kid.
~Diogenes of Sinope