Naruto = Licensed? For real this time? Ooohhh..fuudge.

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

Trant
imanewbie

Naruto = Licensed? For real this time? Ooohhh..fuudge.

Post by Trant »

http://www.animeondvd.com/news/pr.php?pr_view=509

I look forward to hearing my favorite technique in action. The Valentine's technique by Ino. :?

:x

Funimation would have at least made it Mondo Cool.

Also, Viz only releases 3 episodes per DVD with Inuyasha.. Gentleman, empty your wallets.

PS: I'll still download new episodes as they come out. I figure after four years I can buy those same episodes on DVD.
mrJotaan
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by mrJotaan »

Actually if Funimation had done it, it would've been worse. They'd somehow manage to write Jiraiya out of the complete story since he's a pervert. Funi and 4kids chop up anime and make it crap.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Yeah I read about that too. I'm not a fan of the anime so I'm not really hurt but there were better groups to buy the rights but you have to remember; viz has the manga so they had a head start on obtaining the anime.
I just don't want to see "Blaze of Glory" ever again.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Viz eh? Well, that's better than 4-kids having it. I wonder if Dattebayo will stop subbing it. I sure hope not.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Its not all bad with Funimation having it. Sure they would have it censored while it was on T.V. However they usually come out with video collections that are unedited. So you could just dl it and it would be all good. Thats whay I did back in the day with DBZ.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
mrJotaan

Post by mrJotaan »

On February 15th ShoPro Entertainment announced it was appointed the main licensor for Naruto in the USA. This has lead many to claim Naruto has been licensed. However AnimeSuki sees ShoPro only as a middle-man and not an anime company which releases anime themselves. As such we're not marking it licensed yet. Please note that this situtation may change at any time. Also the ShoPro "license" means Naruto is now much more likely to be licensed in the US, especially by VIZ.

( to clarify: this means ShoPro can now sell the rights to Naruto to another US anime company and until they'll do, we consider Naruto still unlicensed )

Btw, AnimeOne is still going to do it.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

The subs will still be coming Naruto is to popular to be stop subbing just cause it got licensed.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

mrJotaan wrote:Btw, AnimeOne is still going to do it.
Well, Anbu's dropped it and Aone's continuing it. But since when has licensing stopped Fansubbing? That would just mean that new groups would emerge and provide dodgy subs or bad quality video (in several hundred megs) like they did for Gundam Seed. The stench left by the AJ group still hasn't worn off...but then again, it wasn't that bad. At least compared to dubbing.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Trant
imanewbie

Post by Trant »

mrJotaan wrote:On February 15th ShoPro Entertainment announced it was appointed the main licensor for Naruto in the USA. This has lead many to claim Naruto has been licensed. However AnimeSuki sees ShoPro only as a middle-man and not an anime company which releases anime themselves. As such we're not marking it licensed yet. Please note that this situtation may change at any time. Also the ShoPro "license" means Naruto is now much more likely to be licensed in the US, especially by VIZ.

( to clarify: this means ShoPro can now sell the rights to Naruto to another US anime company and until they'll do, we consider Naruto still unlicensed )

Btw, AnimeOne is still going to do it.
Since Cartoon Network has announced it will air Naruto I think we can officially say it has been licensed at this point.

But...they said it will be on Toonami. Toonami = Nighttime (ever since it was replaced for the afternoons) which hopefully means minimal censoring (luckily the Sexy no Jutsu is only used a couple of times, wonder what will happen with the entire second episode)

Now we just have to worry about about much they butcher technique names and voices.
mrJotaan

Post by mrJotaan »

The announcement of Cartoon Network came out sometime after I checked animeski.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well, hopefully they won’t butcher it to bad. However, this doesn’t really affect us. Thankfully Dattebayo is still going to be fansubbing it, and now we’ll be able to buy cool games and merchandise.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I hope the games will come to EU for once.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well, I heard that some of them were due for release here in the states.
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

The anime will be huge here in the US, so the chances of them releasing the games are really high.

BTW Starnum: Can elves grow beards?
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Gaiseric wrote:The anime will be huge here in the US, so the chances of them releasing the games are really high.

BTW Starnum: Can elves grow beards?
Yep I agree. I just want them to translate that Naruto RPG and that Strategy RPG on the GBA!

At one point I thought Elves were eunichs that were castrated at birth (which would explain the lack of beards) because there was an increasing population and no one was dying. But that's wrong. I don't know why either. I'll wait for Starnum's response.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

I don't think Native Americans can grow beards either.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Heh, well, since you gentlemen asked…

First of all, it depends on the lore. However, generally elves don’t grow facial hair. I don’t even have to shave; it’s great! (Dear God I wish that was true.) However, once we get pretty old, then we start getting facial hair. That’s why you’ll see really old elves with beards. It’s kind of like a very delayed pubic reaction. Although, I guess it’s more like a geriatric reaction, heh.

Oh, and we’re definitely not eunuchs! Well, not normally. I guess we have as many eunuchs as any other race. ;)