Holiday Season

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Holiday Season

Post by Buzkashi »

Looks like its that time of the year again. Anyone doing anything special this winter season?

I don't celebrate christmas but for the first time in my life i think i know what it feels like. My parents just hooked it up with an iPhone and a trip to tahoe and the bay area, for which we're leaving tomorrow. Needless to say I'm pretty damn excited as i get to fuck around with the iPhone the trip up. PLUS its been snowing all week up in tahoe so I'm bound for some good powder.

Anyone else got anything special planned this winter? Visiting family/friends? Going skiing/boarding??
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Starnum
Elven King

Re: Holiday Season

Post by Starnum »

I'm not really doing anything special this year. Weather permitting, we'll probably take a road trip to go see the in-laws, but we do that pretty much every year. I get along well with most of my wife's family though, so that should be cool. Anyway, grats on the iPhone, and I hope you have a great vacation. If you do go skiing/snowboarding, be sure to tear up a stretch of snow for me! ;)
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Getting drunk in Kansas City with the girlfriend, then relaxing and getting in shape for the rest of the break, all while getting ready for an interview.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

Not doing too much. Dinner at the in-laws, frying a turkey, couple christmas parties for work/friends.

Hopefully everyone can avoid imbibing too much during the season and getting behind a wheel of any sort.
Steeples scrape the sky, Praising God.
Everything here exists for God, is sacrificed to God.
For those who have nothing to sacrifice,
It can be a very heartless city indeed.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

So I've made it ip to tahoe . God it's beatiful up here. Our hotel is across the street from the gondola to heavenly. I'll keep up dates on the trip and get some pics when possible.

Hope the rest of u bums are having a good time as well.

-buz
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Heh, cool. Hopefully I will be imbibing a lot, but not driving while under the influence, of course.

Oh, I found out I'm getting a new phone too! It's not an iPhone, but it's a lot better than my current cell phone, so that's cool. :)
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

Its hilarious to hear (read?) you guys talking about skiing and snowboarding when down here in the south hemisphere it's hot as hell. You guys probably have no idea how awesome is to celebrate Christmas around a pool while wearing nothing but swimming suits and drinking ice cold alcoholic beverages.
This summer ( may be I am being Captain obvious here, but in case someone is stupid enough not to realize it, that's your winter) I am going on a trip to Argentina with a bunch of friends, taking advantage of how utterly worthless the argentinian peso has become.
After ridiculously long periods of time spent studying, I finally got in the best college my country has to offer. Now......I party. :headbang: Wooooohooo! :headbang:
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Lucky bastard. It's colder than a witch's teat up here. :P

Enjoy your vacation. 8)