Left 4 Dead

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Left 4 Dead

Post by Artezul »

Basic Synopsis:
You and 3 players attempt to escape a zombie infested city.

What it has going for it:
Dynamic AI that controls the pace and mood of the game by adjusting to how well you're doing and how desperate your situation is. If your team is a bunch of CounterStrike vets, then the AI will start sending specialized zombies mixed in with the normal horde it sends at you. If your team is wounded, or low ammunition then the game will selectively place pick-me ups (better weapons, ammo pile, bombs, etc.)

Other things to note when playing:
You're only given a single medkit the entire level. If you've become incapacitated, but another team mate manages to find and resusitate you, then you will be living on temporary health that will slowly deteriorate over time until your health reaches 1/100. All teams will eventually get worn thin no matter how unified they are. This puts you in a constant state of crisis, meaning you'll have to get used to playing at a disadvantage against superior numbers.

Also, being a good shot means less when facing thousands (literally) of zombies that can come at you from any and all angles; teamplay isn't only encouraged, it's a neccesity.

Last note:
Sound is fairly integral to your survival. All specialized zombies will give off a certain sound indicating what's coming. Granted the direction it is coming from isn't much use when the sound begins to emit from all directions, but at least it's an indicator that THEY ARE COMING.
"Don't you get it yet?! If she's beautiful, you'll die instantly!!" Chopper
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Re: Left 4 Dead

Post by halfnhalf »

too bad steam hates my god damn wireless.

(BUT EVERYTHING ELSE WORKS, two PS3s and War3 and d/l over 600 kb...)

but yes i really wish i had an awesome comp to play L4D.
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

Maybe you don't have the correct ports forwarded or something. :>
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Artezul wrote:Maybe you don't have the correct ports forwarded or something. :>

but my d/ls are at like 600 kb...

I've done everything that i can but when ever i join a game under steam i play for about 1 minutes then bam, 1000 ping and get dropped. I've asked for help and searched, found no help. And it truly sucks, because i have TF2 and really want L4D (to finally give into my desire to survive a zombie apocalypse).
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

This game sounds tite as fuck. I am down to start playing it.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

It's an X-box game so there's not much I can do there, unless one of my friends with an X-box picks it up. That would be cool, cuz it does look like a game I'd really enjoy. Also, I can barely run WoW at times so I doubt my PC could handle it either.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Shit my mac could prolly handle it. I'd have to use bootcamp to put it on windows tho since they dont have it out for osx yet.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

No, no; this game is foremost a PC game.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Either way, it doesn't help, heh.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Buzkashi wrote:Shit my mac could prolly handle it. I'd have to use bootcamp to put it on windows tho since they dont have it out for osx yet.
You should totally do that, man. I don't know about Left 4 Dead, but Team Fortress 2 is loads of fun (got The Orange Box), and it runs perfectly fine on my iMac. If Left 4 Dead is anything like TF2 (fun-wise), I'd go for it, but I don't know about paying $50 bucks for it.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

I've been playing the 360 version. I love this game nothing beats Co-op Zombie stomping. Lets see how long it takes them to come out with downloadables. :?
"Context is for Kings"
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

Expert mode: 4 hours, same level. :stupid:
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Artezul wrote:Expert mode: 4 hours, same level. :stupid:
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Artezul wrote:Expert mode: 4 hours, same level. :stupid:

huge upgrade from the standard 1 hour 4 minutes on Normal.
"Context is for Kings"
Oro
Evil Genius

Post by Oro »

Starnum wrote:It's an X-box game so there's not much I can do there, unless one of my friends with an X-box picks it up. That would be cool, cuz it does look like a game I'd really enjoy. Also, I can barely run WoW at times so I doubt my PC could handle it either.
I am picking this up next weekend...if you are still interested.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Oh, hey that's cool. I hope you enjoy it. Heh, what I meant when I said if one of my friends gets it, is so that I could play it on their X-box. As in one of my local friends. Don't you live in Canada!? O.o :P

Heh, I wish I could just go buy an X-box so I could play online with ya, but I can't really afford it. I mean, I could get a 360 if I really wanted to, but it's not an expensive I'm ready to justify yet. Anyway, my friend Bengal does have a 360, maybe I'll rent the game and play it at his house. If I do, I'll totally let you know so you can PM me your name on there or whatever. ;)
Oro
Evil Genius

Post by Oro »

Starnum wrote:Oh, hey that's cool. I hope you enjoy it. Heh, what I meant when I said if one of my friends gets it, is so that I could play it on their X-box. As in one of my local friends. Don't you live in Canada!? O.o :P
http://www.evil-genius.us/forums/index.php
Heh, I wish I could just go buy an X-box so I could play online with ya, but I can't really afford it. I mean, I could get a 360 if I really wanted to, but it's not an expensive I'm ready to justify yet. Anyway, my friend Bengal does have a 360, maybe I'll rent the game and play it at his house. If I do, I'll totally let you know so you can PM me your name on there or whatever. ;)
well my gamertag is usingleaf... add me whenever you feel like playing with me bro.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Awesome. Heh, using...leaf, is it? Heh, nice. I feel ya on that, bro. Alright, I'll try to catch up with you sometime. ;)