Ch 251

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I wonder if hes been here this whole time.. Lurking and waiting for the right time to strike! :shock:
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Shisho wrote:
Starnum wrote:Evan: No problem about not being in the credits. I’m not that worried about it. I just wanted a little bragging rights here on the forums.
A proofer should only be so proud. To miss "Take its tow." Toll buddy, toll.

;)
*Sigh* Yeah, yeah.

Heh, of course his return would have to be a shot at me. Welcome back pal. ;)

Man, Libaax doesn't even know who Shisho is! See, you need to post more man. Shisho is The Flame Apostle! He's one of the Mods like Dos and I. He’s a cool guy. Get to know him well. However, be leery. He could turn you to ash at the drop of a hate. :P
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Let's see is Shisho sticks around this time.

Hehe... Flame Apostle...
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Shisho's the one that preaches 'through fear, brings respect'. We all respect him, but fear the flaming he unleashes.

I remembered someone from the old forum saying that he wants Shisho to be a religious symbol or something. yeah, that guy was crazy. :twisted:

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Eldo wrote:Shisho's the one that preaches 'through fear, brings respect'. We all respect him, but fear the flaming he unleashes.
aa Yes my thoughts exactly when I use to mod on another Board. :lol: I was ruthless then again all the n00bs got what was coming. :twisted:
"Context is for Kings"
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Doesnt Shisho mean like master or sometin, so everytime we talk bout him were calling him master.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
NINJ4
Mastered PM

Post by NINJ4 »

shisho is "see-saw" in an Asian accent
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

Shisho actually means librarian.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Um, no. I'm pretty damn sure it's "Master" in Japanese. I mentioned that a while back, when we were still at DP. Of course the bastard had a witty retort when I came public with it. :P
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Heh, he spelled the romanisation wrong. "shishou" is master.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Not really. That "u" isn't really neccessary. With or without it, it's the same thing.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

ok, then forget it.
Brainpiercing
Griffiss
imanewbie

Post by Griffiss »

Starnum wrote:Not really. That "u" isn't really neccessary. With or without it, it's the same thing.
Actually, no, the U isn't unneccessary in a scenario like that. It indicates a long O sound instead of a short one. Just saying arrigato isn't correct. It's a double O, and needs (in romaji) the declaration of OU.
Deserve victory.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

ok, I'll keep my ignorant self out of this..... but I still post for no reason whatsoever :)
Brainpiercing
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

shisho: master/headmaster; similar to kantoku but is used when referring ONLY to the budo instructor who is primarily responsible for your training; an important thing to keep in mind here is that shisho is a term only used when talking ABOUT your headmaster or when introducing your headmaster to someone else (example: Kochira wa watashi no iaido no shisho Tomioka sensei desu.); NEVER use it as a term of direct address! It is also never used for any kind of instructor other than martial arts and is not used to refer to any other headmaster than your own (unless Nakayama Hakudo sensei taught you personally or was in charge of your training, you would not call him shisho even though he was an important iai instructor)
Hope that helps.
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

I was taught the same as Griffiss, when writing in romanji you do ou when its a long O sound and just o for a short O, because it is said differently in Japanese. They just drag out the o sound a little longer for a long o, not really noticeable but it is if you look for it.

Shishou = master

Shisho = librarian.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Just so you know:
梓匠 [ししょう] shishou cabinetmaker/woodworker

刺傷 [ししょう] shishou (n) stab/puncture wound

刺衝 [ししょう] shishou (n) stabbing/stimulation

司書 [ししょ] shisho (n) librarian/(P)

史書 [ししょ] shisho (n) history book

四書 [ししょ] shisho (n) the four Chinese classics

師匠 [ししょう] shishou (n) master/teacher/(P)

支所 [ししょ] shisho (n) branch (office)/(P)

支署 [ししょ] shisho (n) substation

支障 [ししょう] shishou (n) obstacle/hindrance/impediment/difficulty/(P)

死処 [ししょ] shisho (n) place of death/place to die

死所 [ししょ] shisho (n) place of death/place to die

死傷 [ししょう] shishou

私娼 [ししょう] shishou (n) unlicensed prostitute

私消 [ししょう] shishou (n) embezzlement (misappropriation) (of public funds)

視床 [ししょう] shishou (n) thalamus

視床下部 [ししょうかぶ] shishoukabu (n) hypothalamus

詞章 [ししょう] shishou (n) poetry and prose

私書 [ししょ] shisho (n) private document/personal letter
So I think he didn't put a 'u' ending to not be mistaken with something else...I know nothing about Japanese, I just typed the romanji in a J-Dictionary.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

If there's one thing I know about japanese language, is that it's mostly about context. A word in japanese can mean hundreds of things, but only one of these meanings would make sense in a sentence. Shisho/Shishou has quite a few meanings like Eldo proved, so trying to give it a single definition is rather pointless.

We need Shisho to actually come here and tell us exactly what he was going for with the word "shisho". I'm putting my money on "master" though, it kinda fits with what we know of him.
NINJ4
Mastered PM

Post by NINJ4 »

師匠 may be what we know of him, but, 私娼 would be so much more interesting and entertaining! :D
RUDNICKI'S NOBEL PRINCIPLE
"Only someone who understands something absolutely can explain it so no one else can understand it."
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

Uh, where do you get a prostitution license?
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

go to some civil administration building in japan, and ask for it to find out :)
Brainpiercing
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Griffiss wrote:
Starnum wrote:Not really. That "u" isn't really neccessary. With or without it, it's the same thing.
Actually, no, the U isn't unneccessary in a scenario like that. It indicates a long O sound instead of a short one. Just saying arrigato isn't correct. It's a double O, and needs (in romaji) the declaration of OU.
Especially with double r's. Yes, I know what the "u' is for. However, some styles don't use that form. Yet, you make a good point, so I will concede to it. Sorry I corrected you Brainpiercing, but I have seen shisho translated as master without the "u" many times. Anyway, no need to argue over semantics. Oh, and I'm fairly sure that's what Shisho is going for, the whole master thing and all.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Wow... Im sure Shisho is very pleased with himself right now. A whole shitload of posting dedicated to him.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Buzkashi wrote:Doesnt Shisho mean like master or sometin, so everytime we talk bout him were calling him master.
You're the one who started it :P

I woulda been flattered if someone ranted on about my sign name. But I would think at the same that you would have something else to do than ranting about it... :twisted:

Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

man sucks being new huh?? :roll:
"Context is for Kings"