Lucky Final Fantasy XIII for ps3 and 360

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Lucky Final Fantasy XIII for ps3 and 360

Post by lon3vvolf »

So yeah, the news came out. After what, like 3 years of saying its going to be a PStriple exclusive its going for the 360 as well.
:holycrap:

I'm kind of surprised. Actually realy realy surprised. Good for xbox, bad for sony. Though I'm not as big of a fan as I used to be, before the whole squeenix merger, I never liked the direction the games were going since FF7, with the exception of 9.

Opinions? I wonder if it will come on more than 1 dvd for the 360.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Re: Lucky Final Fantasy XIII for ps3 and 360

Post by Aetherfukz »

That pretty much sucks... Final Fantasy was always a cashcow for the playstations...
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Cross-post from half a day back in the News thread;
LordMune wrote:Well, Square-Enix just castrated Sony and handed their balls to Microsoft on a silver platter.

God I love E3.
Most financially ruinous announcement of any E3 ever? Might be. (Excepting the whole 599 US DOLLARS thing.) I was laughing out loud for a good couple of minutes, watching the live feed.

Seriously, 50% of the mainstream's reason to buy a PS3 just evaporated. This leaves one game. MGS4, one fucking reason to own a PS3.

In my case, there's always Fumito Ueda's next project, but most people seem unaware that the ICO/SotC guys are working on something new.

EDIT: Fragmaster of Something Awful is hilarious;
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

FFs have been sucking bad, and I dont think this one will change, why would you suggest it to be a reason to buy any console... I mean just rent it, see how bad it sucks, scratch the disc(s) subtlely and bring it back to the videostore. (I actually hate when people do that, but they deserve it this time)
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Finito wrote:FFs have been sucking bad, and I dont think this one will change, why would you suggest it to be a reason to buy any console... I mean just rent it, see how bad it sucks, scratch the disc(s) subtlely and bring it back to the videostore. (I actually hate when people do that, but they deserve it this time)
FF12 was awesome.

By the way most RPG exclusives are going to the XBOX. Wasn't the next Star Ocean announced for only the XBOX?.....Let alone all the Misty Walker franchises coming out? Add in games like Oblivion and Fable, and there is little reason for RPG fans to choose a ps3 over a 360.

Not to mention the next DragonQuest game is going to be for the DS of all things.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

LordMune wrote:Cross-post from half a day back in the News thread;
LordMune wrote:Well, Square-Enix just castrated Sony and handed their balls to Microsoft on a silver platter.

God I love E3.
Most financially ruinous announcement of any E3 ever? Might be. (Excepting the whole 599 US DOLLARS thing.) I was laughing out loud for a good couple of minutes, watching the live feed.

Seriously, 50% of the mainstream's reason to buy a PS3 just evaporated. This leaves one game. MGS4, one fucking reason to own a PS3.

In my case, there's always Fumito Ueda's next project, but most people seem unaware that the ICO/SotC guys are working on something new.

EDIT: Fragmaster of Something Awful is hilarious;
The BlueRay is the PS3 saving grace. Can you imagine if HDTV won out?

Perhaps when the full version of GranTurismo 4 comes out in 2012, the PS3 will have something to chirp about.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

You mean HD-DVD and Gran Turismo 5, right?

Anyway, Resistence 2 looks really cool, and after seeing that demo of LittleBigPlanet on E3 I'm thinking about getting it as well. And I can't wait for God Of War III.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

who cares about how many discs or whatever, the consumer now has a choice, which is always good.

/pirate eating ninja edit
so did anyone notice that it is NOT coming to the 360 for Japan? Square-Enix pretty much confirmed that releasing ff13 on the 360 in japan would be a stupid idea. Now there are news saying that we (the US market) has to wait till the 360 version is finished before playing, even though the PS3 japanese version will be done. (I'm betting anyone that is a fan of the series will just import it, knowing square, english subtitles will happen).

EDIT AGAIN

I just have to say this, Sony has been releasing a lot of their previous series from their catalogue (ie, DMC, RE, now FF, GTA, etc) But what gets me is that each and every game that is going multi-platform is just the same game from the previous generation but with tighter controls and updated graphics. To me it seems that Sony is trying letting everyone experince the ps2 era of gaming. The next generation in Sony's mind looks to be Little Big Planet, user generated content for gaming, which i will name gaming 2.0. Web 2.0 has taken the internet to newer IPs, gaming with user control ( i know there are mods for PC, but it hasnt been done to consoles) Honestly i think Sony has something up their sleeves and is purposely trying to get a negative media look, so when they do drop the news, its will be a god send, or this is just something i am thinking to comfort myself from Sony's demise. Eitherway only time will tell.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

lol

Final Fantasy sucks anyway.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Thanks for the 2 cents femto, your opinions always matters.

Anywho, looking at the userbase it only makes sense. Kind of... I mean the game is being developed in the Japanese language so it couldn't hurt putting it on the 360 there, however since there isn't even a million 360s in Japan no one would buy it. As for waiting for the game in the US, thats normal as both the PStriple and 360 versions will need to be localized. Seriously doubt I'll get this game... I've got zipper phobia and don't like the direction of the series.

Also I'm dissapointed with Sonys stuff this E3.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

halfnhalf wrote:I just have to say this, Sony has been releasing a lot of their previous series from their catalogue (ie, DMC, RE, now FF, GTA, etc) But what gets me is that each and every game that is going multi-platform is just the same game from the previous generation but with tighter controls and updated graphics. To me it seems that Sony is trying letting everyone experince the ps2 era of gaming. The next generation in Sony's mind looks to be Little Big Planet, user generated content for gaming, which i will name gaming 2.0. Web 2.0 has taken the internet to newer IPs, gaming with user control ( i know there are mods for PC, but it hasnt been done to consoles) Honestly i think Sony has something up their sleeves and is purposely trying to get a negative media look, so when they do drop the news, its will be a god send, or this is just something i am thinking to comfort myself from Sony's demise. Eitherway only time will tell.
This is probably the most stupid fanboy nonsense drivel ever posted in this place.

Sony "has been releasing"?

What makes you think that it's up to Sony that these titles are going multiplatform?

Why in God's name would Sony willingly forfeit millions of dollars in GTA4 sales?

3rd parties are going the multiplatform route because they see how the PS3 ship is sinking.

But no, Sony has a master plan!

Just watch!

They're so great!

You're a clueless motherfucker.
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

"Betrayed" the fans...oh the drama.

Seriously, i´m really not surprised by this decision.

For those who don´t know, SE have been losing money this last year, they haven´t released a Final Fantasy game in years and their game line up in general has been ridiculously small as of late and with the huge money that DMC 4 made (despite being a worse game than DMC3) Square Enix is following Capcom´s example and going for the safe path. They´re releasing the game first in japan for the PS3 and then they´ll released it worldwide later for PS3 and Xbox 360.

This decision is for the west market, the Xbox is but a fart in the wind back in japan.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Femto wrote:lol

Final Fantasy sucks anyway.
You suck.

Is there a game on the planet that you actually liked?

BTW....Balthier is quite possibly the coolest character in the history of the world!

[spoiler]I cried when I thought he died at the end of FF12.[/spoiler]
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Deathbringer wrote:"Betrayed" the fans...oh the drama.

For those who don´t know, SE have been losing money this last year, they haven´t released a Final Fantasy game in years and their game line up in general has been ridiculously small as of late and with the huge money that DMC 4 made (despite being a worse game than DMC3) Square Enix is following Capcom´s example and going for the safe path. They´re releasing the game first in japan for the PS3 and then they´ll released it worldwide later for PS3 and Xbox 360.

This decision is for the west market, the Xbox is but a fart in the wind back in japan.
If the 360 doesn't matter in Japan why are games like Blue Dragon, Star Ocean, Infinite Undiscovery, etc..., all Japanese style RPGs catered to that demographic, all exclusive for the XBOX? When no one in Japan supposedly owns a 360?
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

The Prince wrote:
Deathbringer wrote:"Betrayed" the fans...oh the drama.

If the 360 doesn't matter in Japan why are games like Blue Dragon, Star Ocean, Infinite Undiscovery, etc..., all Japanese style RPGs catered to that demographic, all exclusive for the XBOX? When no one in Japan supposedly owns a 360?
Because they're aimed at japanese-wannabes, not the japanese.

Anyway, I think the current slow PS3 game production is due mostly because of a couple of factors regarding production: 1) The developer tools are more expensive, which keeps away small developers from making a quick buck; and 2) The different architecture on the PS3, more specifically the cell processor. It's a lot more powerful, sure, but it's an entirely new technology that developers don't know well and it's most powerful advantage relies in parallel programming, which is fairly new even in the PC world. That, and the price of course, slowed the PS3 acquisition rate, which in turn hurt software sales because of the low PS3 install base, so developers are forced to go multi-platform so as to ensure profit.

Regardless, the PS3 has been very well accepted by its consumers, with relatively low failure rate (so far there hasn't been an epidemic of RROD or DRE), and the prevalent fanboyism shows that people are generally so satisfied with the PS3 that they're willing to defend the company the produces it (prime example of this: Apple) which seems, to me at least, to be more common than for 360 owners. FFXIII going multi-platform feels like a stab in the back for the same reasons already mentioned, but I don't worry too much about it since PS3 versions of the games generally do better than 360 versions on a game-per-console basis (a bigger percentage of PS3 owners bought GTAIV, although overall sales were less than the 360 because of the lower install base), which shows that more people would back up the PS3 as more and more consoles are sold.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

New EC footage.....notice XBOX360 tag ign chose to list it with.

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/1426 ... final.html
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Femto wrote: snip

didnt read the last sentence did you?
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

halfnhalf wrote:(I'm betting anyone that is a fan of the series will just import it, knowing square, english subtitles will happen).
Knowing Square, english subtitles won't happen. Besides, nobody owns a 360 in Japan. Nobody. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to rush a port no one will buy.
Femto wrote:Final Fantasy sucks anyway.
This is pretty much it. There's a confirmed relationship between a decrease in tolerance of animu bullshit and a decrease in interest in Final Fantasy.
The Prince wrote:You suck.
Liking FFXII pretty much invalidates every opinion you will ever have forever. Sorry bro :(
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

halfnhalf wrote:
Femto wrote: snip

didnt read the last sentence did you?
Trying to preemptively cover up your own stupidity is not going to help you on this one.

I can't believe how stupid one would have to be to cook up such nonsense.

LittleBigPlanet saves the day!
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

LordMune wrote:
The Prince wrote:You suck.
Liking FFXII pretty much invalidates every opinion you will ever have forever. Sorry bro :(
Forever....ever? :cry:

Don't get me started with your nonsense.
MadDogMike
Mastered PM

Post by MadDogMike »

FFXII is ok, if you compeltely forget that it's a part of the Final Fantasy series.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

MadDogMike wrote:FFXII is ok, if you compeltely forget that it's a part of the Final Fantasy series.
Yeah it actually reminded me a lot of Star Wars... Han and Chewie = Balthier and Fran. The Judges kinda look like Darth Vader.
Moogles = ewoks. You can come up with a lot more if you look.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

lon3vvolf wrote:
MadDogMike wrote:FFXII is ok, if you compeltely forget that it's a part of the Final Fantasy series.
Yeah it actually reminded me a lot of Star Wars... Han and Chewie = Balthier and Fran. The Judges kinda look like Darth Vader.
Moogles = ewoks. You can come up with a lot more if you look.
Princess in exile........

Rebel faction.........

Bounty Hunters galore w/ price tag on Balthier's head........

Death Star-like confrontation in the finale.......
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

...blond haired protagonist who doesn't know how the world ticks outside of his little town.

But anyway, I really loved the story and characters of FFXII, probably because they were to skin to Star Wars characters.

Still there is no FF that comes close to the brilliance that was FFVII.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Aetherfukz wrote:Still there is no FF that comes close to the brilliance that was FFVII.
Yeah, I don't think there are any other games in the series that come close to that disastrously translated, barely coherent mess of eco-terrorist alien conspiracies.