::Ghost in the Shell:: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GiG

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

t.A wrote:well I see GitS as one of the best cyberpunks (Serial Experiments Lain and Akira stand by its side) so I would very much like to see more of it (in a sense that it will stay of such high quality both in plot and animation)

btw did anyone noticed that in STC Batou don’t get along with dogs, but in Innocence he owns one himself..

and about the Tachikomas - I LOVE THEM! :D perfect side characters:)
The only reason Batou owns a dog in the 2nd movie is cuz the director owns and likes hounds. Oshii made another movie called Avalon (back in 2001 i believe), and the main character in that also owns and cares for a hound dog.
t.A
notanewb

Post by t.A »

ye, i have seen avalon (though did not like it mutch) and paralels between them are realy strong..
Laik
This is my new home

Post by Laik »

One of the best parts about Stand Alone Complex to me was the dialogue. It was engaging enough that sometimes I had to rewatch some scenes before I could actually piece stuff together for real. The way the action, political drama, and such thought provoking conversations between characters combined to create something very pleasing to watch.

Both the first and second gig were amazing. I like the Laughing Man case more but I think I enjoyed the second gig more overall.
EG needs some help. Please feel free to contact us if you want to become a part of the staff.
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

Laik wrote:One of the best parts about Stand Alone Complex to me was the dialogue. It was engaging enough that sometimes I had to rewatch some scenes before I could actually piece stuff together for real. The way the action, political drama, and such thought provoking conversations between characters combined to create something very pleasing to watch.

Both the first and second gig were amazing. I like the Laughing Man case more but I think I enjoyed the second gig more overall.
i agree!
i like it how every situation is never explicitly spelled or said out but implied upon. most of the time this is done so well that you never notice.
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

there is this music played in ep 25 of 1st gig when the tachikomas are defending batou against a military robot at the end of the ep.

anyone has an idea what the title of this music is?
it doesnt seem to be in their OSTs.
i love it.
=P
Laik
This is my new home

Post by Laik »

It may be another season of Stand Alone Complex or probably a movie. No idea yet but there is certainly something in the works.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=8575
EG needs some help. Please feel free to contact us if you want to become a part of the staff.
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

wowowowowowow!
'solid state society' sounds nice.
i wonder what will be the main source of contention this time.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

oh god yes yes yes

Let's hope they bring in Oshii again, I find it hard to believe they'll be able to top 2nd GIG otherwise.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

LordMune wrote:oh god yes yes yes

Let's hope they bring in Oshii again, I find it hard to believe they'll be able to top 2nd GIG otherwise.
who is that?
or do you mean gouda?
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Mamoru Oshii, the director of the GitS movies, advised Production I.G. during the production of 2nd GIG.
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

oh i dont usually remember the directors or producers.
=P
BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

Solid State Society is gonna be a 100 minute long production. It is not certain as of now whether it will be released on TV, straight to DVD, or in Theaters.

It should be completed by this summer.
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Solid State Society is a feature-length movie!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=8588
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

Details about the Ghost in the Shell - Stand Alone Complex Movie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Solid State Society, a full length movie based on Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex is currently planned for completion in the summer of 2006.

The production announcement does not specifically state release format, or date. The movie is being produced in Hi-Vision, a format used by Japanese broadcast networks to support wide-screen televisions. The same production team, including main staff, will be carried over from the TV series. The budget, while not specified, is said to be higher in order to achieve a cinematic level of production.

The 100-minute (tentative running time) movie takes place in 2034, two years after the refugee riot incident. A significantly larger Section 9, with over 20 new officers, investigates terrorist actions related to a wizard-like hacker “Kugutsu Mawashi.”

(Kugutsu Mawashi translated into English is roughly "Puppet Master." Kugutsu Mawashi is not the same as the "Puppet Master" from the first Ghost in the Shell Movie. In Japanese, the "Puppet Master" from the first movie was called "Ningyo Tsukai" which can also translated into "Puppet Master.")

The production committee will comprise Production I.G., along with Bandai Visual, Bandai Entertainment, Dentsu Corporation, Nihon TV Broadcasting (NTV), Manga Entertainment, Tokuma Publishing, and Victor Entertainment.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
wow! we can expect more cutting edge animation.
but i think we will have to wait another 1 year for it to be released.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

But... but I want it now. :'(
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

you got it!
http://www.dannychoo.com/blog_entry/eng ... e+Society/

its not much but it whets your appetite.
=)
freegood
imanewbie

Post by freegood »

2nd Gig seemed like it was a fanservice or pressured to be faster paced and action intensive. 1st Gig made me think a lot more, so I liked it a lot better.

Anyone know when the 2nd Gig movie is going to be subbed?
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

1. 2nd GIG is a lot closer to the feel and style of the original manga than 1st GIG, or any of the movies.

2. I assume you mean "3rd GIG", Solid State Society. I believe it is to be aired on the first of september. If you speak of the Particularist 11 TV special and such, I don't know.
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

The movie is almost out, right?
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

I think it'll air on Friday.

And Bandai will sue the shit out of any fansubbers touching it, apparently.
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

And Bandai will sue the shit out of any fansubbers touching it, apparently.
Are they having money problems or something, i read somewhere that they had to close their museum.
dronedevil
notanewb

Post by dronedevil »

In the 1st gig episode "chat chat chat" did anyone else notice chroma's outfit :P

Now to 2nd gig I found the individual eleven interesting but not as compelling as laughing man since the eleven seemed to be puppets and not actually causing things.
nightofchaos
Don't mind me, I'm a dumbass.

Post by nightofchaos »

My personal interpretation is that both the white haired guy and Gouda manage to survive that ending. Sorry writers you don't get to choose who lives and who dies, us viewers or better yet beholders are free to interpret your work however we like... and our opinion as opinion can not be labelled as either right or wrong, as it is simply another point of view.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

nightofchaos wrote:My personal interpretation is that both the white haired guy and Gouda manage to survive that ending. Sorry writers you don't get to choose who lives and who dies, us viewers or better yet beholders are free to interpret your work however we like... and our opinion as opinion can not be labelled as either right or wrong, as it is simply another point of view.
What the hell.
nightofchaos
Don't mind me, I'm a dumbass.

Post by nightofchaos »

LordMune wrote:
nightofchaos wrote:My personal interpretation is that both the white haired guy and Gouda manage to survive that ending. Sorry writers you don't get to choose who lives and who dies, us viewers or better yet beholders are free to interpret your work however we like... and our opinion as opinion can not be labelled as either right or wrong, as it is simply another point of view.
What the hell.
I think that was quite clear and short. If there's anything wrong feel free to tell me, and I'll edit it out.

PS
BTW, there's something wrong with my signature and it ain't showing. If mods would be kind enough to look into this bug, I'll be grateful.