Did I miss something?

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

MrFelony
E-Thug

Re: Did I miss something?

Post by MrFelony »

prince, your posts in this thread are a good example of why i thought you were dumb enough to forget about WWII. I think i'll just assume you're never being serious in any post of yours from here on out
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

As Femto once said, The Prince puts on being a lot stupider than he really is. Though most of his jokes are pretty hit or miss.

Anyway, screw computer and videogame RPG's (though I do love them as well), I was talking about the classic style of table-top RP man. You know, with dice and shit. Well, I'm sure you're just being facetious as usual though, so no worries, but of course D&D came before the damn cartoon. Anyway, yes, I’ve been role-playing for a long time, and still do. Though we don’t really play much D&D anymore. Mostly we do home-style games, with adapted systems. We run the Besm system a lot too, and my best friend is making this sweet mecha game based on D20 modern. Maybe you RP too Prince, cuz some of your comments are so random, it seems like you're rolling on a chart to see what you should say next. :P
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

MrFelony wrote:prince, your posts in this thread are a good example of why i thought you were dumb enough to forget about WWII. I think i'll just assume you're never being serious in any post of yours from here on out
For the sake of avoiding anymore untoward confusion, I'll be earnest in my reply. Consider this an honor because it is something I rarely try and be in this place.

First Off: The reason I cared to even acknowledge you in my original post to you, had nothing to do with your insinuation about me. It was for the sake of calling you out for being spineless. I don't know about you but when someone goes out of there way to belittle your mental acuity in order to make condenscending remarks about your nationality as a whole, I don't look to apologize to them. Which is exactly what you did. Even worse, for the sake of kissing ass, you chose to make a devisive remark towards the one person who went out of there way to defend your pathetic ass.

Second: Here let's get one thing strait. I couldn't give a FF how you want to view me by the content of my posts. The fact that you have trouble discerning irony or any type of off-handed rhetoric for that matter, says more about your acuity than any post I could possibly contrive no matter how frivolous or sophmoric they might come off.

It is inconsequential to me whether you (or certain others) decide to take my comments at face value. To be honest I actually find it hilarious for people that go out of their way to call attention to the irony in a post, no matter how facetious or obvious, for the sake of showing "us" that nothing gets by you (them).......When in reality "they" are the ones that ver "got" it in the first place

Let me reiterate, how you care to judge me, has no bearing on my world one way or another. The fact is up to this point you simply CAN'T 'read' me, let alone, 'read' into the relevance of any post where things aren't spelled out for you.....And that for someone like you to consider me a fool or "dumb" as you like to say....Knowing who I am, what I have accomplished, and where I am now.....is what I'd call true satire.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
MadDogMike
Mastered PM

Post by MadDogMike »

The Prince wrote:It is inconsequential to me whether you (or certain others) decide to take my comments at face value. To be honest I actually find it hilarious for people that go out of their way to call attention to the irony in a post, no matter how facetious or obvious, for the sake of showing "us" that nothing gets by you (them).......When in reality "they" are the ones that ver "got" it in the first place
http://www.dest.gov.au/nwt/hospitality/comm_non.htm

I didn't understand you weren't being serious because things like that don't translate to text well.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Starnum wrote:Mostly we do home-style games, with adapted systems. We run the Besm system a lot too, and my best friend is making this sweet mecha game based on D20 modern. Maybe you RP too Prince, cuz some of your comments are so random, it seems like you're rolling on a chart to see what you should say next. :P
Har har har... your sentence about the rolling chart. Hey Starnum, for your RP games do you just play with stuff bought at a store, or do you make and paint the stuff as well? I used to play D&D a while back but my friends and I got into warhammer fantasy. So nowadays I'm trying to finish a painted army but its taking me years...

Heres an example of one of my dudes:
The parent folder has more stuff but its mostly sucky stuff.

And not to bash on prince, but why is it whenever he posts... the thread spirals out of topic?
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Oh, that’s a cool figure, but we don’t use them. A lot of the games we play are an even mix between actual plot and combat. Like I said, we don’t really play D&D anymore, we use adapted systems with unique settings. For example, the game I run, is a lot like an anime, heh. Yeah, we all got tired of heavily combat driven games, in favour of having actual plots. Not to dis on Warhammer, but there’s really not any plot to it, which was usually the case with D&D, just mainly dungeon crawling. Don’t get me wrong, we definitely do combat, and plenty of it. Like I said, it’s kind of like fighting anime, such as Naruto or Bleach. Like, my game, Ksi, is heavily influenced by anime, but has an original plot. Basically the characters are chosen holy warriors who fight against the armies of Hell. It’s kind of like the anime X, if you’ve ever seen that, only the powers are a lot more detailed and unique. Yeah, just because they’re “holy warriors” doesn’t mean they’re all righteous or perfect though. They are just normal people in a modern day setting who have been thrown into a crazy supernatural war. It’s pretty cool, and a really fun game, IMO. I pretty much made the system for it myself, and named it The Harmonic System. It was kind of inspired by BESM, which is a role-playing system designed to run anime campaigns, but it’s evolved so far beyond that, you really wouldn’t be able to tell, save for maybe the primary stats of Body, Mind, and Soul.

However, when issues of character placement in relation to the surroundings and enemies come up, we usually just use random objects like extra dice, lol. So maybe a few figures wouldn't hurt. Though we also do a lot of our RP online, which can kind of suck, because it really slows down the pace of the game when you're going from post to post, but sometimes that's the only option we have.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

you're mixing me and shaka up. he's the one who brought up nationaility. I just assume everyone on the internet is dumb with a few exceptions, and those are people who i've come to know on this forum over the last few years. No offense to you knewer regulars, I sometimes confuse you all and unfortunately for you, sometimes i confuse you with the dumber ones. I also tend to assume that everyone on the internet are morons. I dont think anyone can blame me for that.

ps: i don't care if what i think about you affects you or not so I'm typing this to show you i dont care :P
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

MrFelony wrote:you're mixing me and shaka up. he's the one who brought up nationaility. I just assume everyone on the internet is dumb with a few exceptions, and those are people who i've come to know on this forum over the last few years. No offense to you knewer regulars, I sometimes confuse you all and unfortunately for you, sometimes i confuse you with the dumber ones. I also tend to assume that everyone on the internet are morons. I dont think anyone can blame me for that.

ps: i don't care if what i think about you affects you or not so I'm typing this to show you i dont care :P
To be honest, I couldn't care less that you don't care.

It doesn't bother me one bit. In fact, if I cared even less (if that were even physically possible), I probably would never even have cared enough to respond to your response.

So what do you think about that, Slick?

[spoiler]Starnum....stay out of this! I like you (somewhat).....but your really pushing it! You guys feel free to gang up on me, though let me warn you, I'm like a rabid monkey when put in a corner.....I'll tear you guys limb from limb.

And in regards to MadDogMike, please STFU!
Why don't you "walk-a-bout" your silly ass home, and get your shit out of my face....GOT THAT...."MATE"?

Go play MarioKart with your homo-datchi Femdom and leave well enough alone. You should be thankful I cared enough to have even replied to your sorry ass.

And I apologize if my rhetoric is too hard for you to discern. :cry: Would it be better if I followed up every other word with a "lol" or J/K?

Just be greatful SFIV hasn't come out yet, because my Chung Lee would have hunted your ass done by now, no matter how remote a server you tried hiding your 3D-ass out in. And that goes for your little BF too!

:kekeke:[/spoiler]
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Heh, fair enough, I’ll stay out of it. I can’t wait for SFIV though, Starnum’s gonna be droppin plates! ;)
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

I think you like me. you really really like me :kekeke:.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Starnum wrote:Heh, fair enough, I’ll stay out of it. I can’t wait for SFIV though, Starnum’s gonna be droppin plates! ;)
Oh stop....You know you're always welcome to join in anytime. :oops:

MrFelony wrote:I think you like me. you really really like me :kekeke:.
Perhaps.....

Back on topic.....

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... &plindex=2

.....can't embed damnit!
Shaka Zulu
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by Shaka Zulu »

Just FYI for the bitch fight, why are you guys carrying grudges over a silly banter comments in the interstice section?

One was being facetious and mentionning stereotypes of nationalities just to jest and fool around, and you two's little missunderstanding about WWII part made it funnier, so one continued on with the facetious stereotyping unseriously based on Mrfelony's nationality (americans being ignorant is ze unoriginal signature stereotype). Nothing malicious, just harmless silly jesting (there was no need to defend asses, there was no malice from my part).

Retract the claws por favore, no reason to call eachother dumb/moron/fool over some stupid little banter. Dont act like the fiesty insecure bitches you aint, Femto has that covered enough for this forum :)
Until the lion learns to speak, the tales of the hunt will be(weak) told by the hunter
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Shaka Zulu wrote:Just FYI for the bitch fight, why are you guys carrying grudges over a silly banter comments in the interstice section?

One was being facetious and mentionning stereotypes of nationalities just to jest and fool around, and you two's little missunderstanding about WWII part made it funnier, so one continued on with the facetious stereotyping unseriously based on Mrfelony's nationality (americans being ignorant is ze unoriginal signature stereotype). Nothing malicious, just harmless silly jesting (there was no need to defend asses, there was no malice from my part).

Retract the claws por favore, no reason to call eachother dumb/moron/fool over some stupid little banter. Dont act like the fiesty insecure bitches you aint, Femto has that covered enough for this forum :)
Fair enough.

Who could have guessed you'd play the role of peacemaker? I like this side of you better.