Golgo 13

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Golgo 13

Post by Libaax »

Anyone seen the anime of this very very long manga ?

The manga/anime sound very interesting with the amoral assasin lead character.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Re: Golgo 13

Post by Grahf »

I've only seen the anime movie the professional.
"Context is for Kings"
Tempz
Found the Edit button

Post by Tempz »

I don't think its aired yet..
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I was talking about the movies.

I just saw there was even a new series.

I think i will check out the anime movies before the new anime comes out.

The manga is over 149 vols(!) and licensed over here that i wanted to see if the anime was any good before trying the classic manga.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Gzhindra
imanewbie

Post by Gzhindra »

I saw it something like 12 years ago.
The drawing are crap but I think I liked it.

I may still have the tape somewhere in a box ^^'
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Dont tell you havent seen ep 1 of the new anime ?

It was uber cool,awesome music. Good action. Its nice to see a classic anti-hero or non-hero as Golgo coming to alive in anime so well.

A good gekiga among all the animes with cute characters and generic shonens.
Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

Should have started the thread with this:
http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/golgo/

Released 2008-04-11, 5 episodes out till now. Adapted from the 1968 manga which is still ongoing with over 140 volumes.

Main character's description : Duke Togo, or as he is more widely known, "Golgo 13", is a M16 bearing assassin who will take on any job for the right price. Anyone can hire him, including private citizens and world governments. If he's not bedding women he's infiltrating a hostile country, waiting hours for the perfect shot in the most extreme conditions. Golgo 13 is just as adept in the urban jungle. Those who deal with him must make sure not to cross the Duke or they might find themselves the target of his rifle.

Looks ok, but trailer doesnt show shit, maybe if you speak jap... and youtube search only finds the old movie. So I will dl ep01 and see if its any good for me :D .
Xandarg
Mastered PM

Post by Xandarg »

I still have the english NES cartridge "Goglo 13." Pretty sick spy game for the NES, music was awesome but the story didn't really make any sense when I was, like, 10.

Btw, sweet water level. Sniper level was shit though, I had no idea how to control that shit.
Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

Just watched the 3 first episodes of the series, the pace is so slow, its killing me. They could easily make it a 12 mins show instead of 24mins.

Also watched the 2 anime movies, the professionnal was better than Queen Bee even if its older and the quality is less good.

Some live action movies were made too.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

The Professional was good. Its alot better than this anime IMO. I agree its very slow paced, though that pace worked really well with the third episode.
"Context is for Kings"
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I think the anime is very good so far. Have only seen 3 eps. Golgo is beyond cool. I love the old school music,the action,stories.

I have started reading the manga collection realesed by Viz. Its even better.

Im waiting for the anime to end. Dont wanna wait for slow subbers like those who are killing me with Major.