Kiseijuu

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Kiseijuu

Post by Libaax »

As SF fan this manga was a treat for me. I enjoyed immensly 10 vols i have read.

Now that i see its licensed i will get it if i can find the books.

What im wondering if anyone knows what this means :

10 Volumes (Complete)
8 Volumes (Wideban)

What is Wideban ? Some kind collection type ?
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Starnum
Elven King

Re: Kiseijuu

Post by Starnum »

Hm, no clue. Did you say it was like Street Fighter?
Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

This is good stuff even for an old one. For those who dont know, its also known as Parasite, [spoiler]parasite type aliens take control of their human hosts and devour other humans, lots of killing, eventually they try to control society, hero gets in the way,[/spoiler] ended bad and a little too much talking for me. Still entertaining.
Last edited by Finito on Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Yo no need to spoil the hole manga :P

I saw in bakamanga that the book publisher Del Ray has something called Wideband realese of the manga. So im geussing this means the hole manga is 18 vols and wideband is some sort of collection type?

Since i have seen vol 12 in my comic shop. I dont who vol 12 was from since Del Ray has realesed only 5 vols of Parasyte so far.

Finito did you finish the manga ? In french ? There are only 10 vols scanlated in english. The licensed books havent got near even vol 10.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

The French edition(Glénat) completed the series in 10 volumes.

Well my resume was too short to spoil too much of anything, but I'll edit it anyway.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

A wideban (ワイド版, waidoban?) edition is larger than the regular tankōbon, and generally collects a series in fewer volumes than the original tankōbon release

Now i understand things perfectly.

I also saw in the mangas wiki page that Tokyopop realesed the manga in 12 vols, it was 10 in Japan and 8 wideban vols will be realesed by Del Ray Manga.

Since i enjoyed it i will read vol 9-10 which i havent finished reading in the new wideban realese.
Dominion
This is my new home

Post by Dominion »

I remember this manga artist... he did a short story for the Neo-Devilman series though i didnt know he had a manga out... interesting read so far
"Happiness is an inside job"
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Dominion wrote:I remember this manga artist... he did a short story for the Neo-Devilman series though i didnt know he had a manga out... interesting read so far
This manga was awesome.

I wish he did new manga in the same vien with wierd alien SF.