Will Guts Lose

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well, I may as well make it obvious to all of her friends that her dad is a weirdo pretty early on. :P

Yeah, my wife is also a Berserk fan. I even double checked with her a couple times to make sure she didn’t want to use something else, but she wouldn’t have any of it.

Yeah, I’m not too worried about them making fun of her name. Besides, if I were one of her classmates, I’d probably think it was pretty damn cool once I learned the truth. Then again, not all people are as weird as me *shrugs*.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Don't see how Casca is a weird name. But if you did name your son Guts, that's another matter all together. :twisted:

I think Judeau is a good name if you do decide to use it. Or shorten it to Jude. After all, Judeau was a great character!

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Silke is a normal name, Casca is not.

It's not a bad name for sure, just seems weird. Oh well, I hate naming. I can never think of names for my RPing chars either. So if I ever get gids I'll leave that to my future wife.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Starnum wrote:Yeah, my wife is also a Berserk fan. I even double checked with her a couple times to make sure she didn’t want to use something else, but she wouldn’t have any of it.
You are blessed because your partner likes manga as well. :wink:

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Yes he is. Note to self: Need to look around more.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Lol, go outside, see the sun, burn to death..... :twisted:
Brainpiercing
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

You refering to you rank?
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

no, it was just a general joke concerning sitting in front of computers for too long.
Brainpiercing
|||||||
Mastered PM

Post by ||||||| »

If i ever have a dog looking like a hellhound I think I'd call it Gatts. (in english animals are referred to as things, aren't they?)

Besides I think Gatts might loose some more weight, his temper and some opponents....
Since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved.

Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince
NINJ4
Mastered PM

Post by NINJ4 »

OMG, YOU HAVE A WIFE!? WOW

If I were to name my daughter Casca - I would fear for her safety. It's like games - people will read berserk then go out and pretend to be demons trying to rape anyone with the name Casca
RUDNICKI'S NOBEL PRINCIPLE
"Only someone who understands something absolutely can explain it so no one else can understand it."
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

From the way I know not many kids read berserk, at least at the age where they would do something as gay as pretending to rape anyone with the name of Casca... Wait a second. What kind of loser would ever do that

*looks down at Ninj4*
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Don't know anyone who woudl go out to rape someone cause they red it in a book, or saw it in an anime. So I woudl think she is safe. Violence on tv and stuff does not promote violence outside of TV or whatever medium it is. Nor do video games. Its just gives the parents something else to blame besides themselves for the shitty job they are doing. The problem is the parents are too lazy to raise their kids so they sit them in front of the TV and ignore them, or they are violent in there homelife. Eitherway its ALWAYS the parents fault. They need to learn to take the blame.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I dont think ninja4 was serious or atleast i hope he wasnt..
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Yeah, I would hope not as well.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well, if anyone ever tries to hurt my Casca-chan, I’d severely fuck them up. Other than that, I don’t think it’s an issue. However, knowing Ninj4, he wasn’t serious.
Laik
This is my new home

Post by Laik »

Arresty wrote:Don't know anyone who woudl go out to rape someone cause they red it in a book, or saw it in an anime. So I woudl think she is safe. Violence on tv and stuff does not promote violence outside of TV or whatever medium it is. Nor do video games. Its just gives the parents something else to blame besides themselves for the shitty job they are doing. The problem is the parents are too lazy to raise their kids so they sit them in front of the TV and ignore them, or they are violent in there homelife. Eitherway its ALWAYS the parents fault. They need to learn to take the blame.
I have the same sentiments.

Nevertheless, Caska/Casca is a pretty name no matter the souce of it. While I wouldn't go and name a kid Goku, Caska/Casca is fairly normal yet not common so it makes for a really good name. Not like many people are going to stop her in the street and say, "u frm bersek gurl'. I know a few girls named Rei and none of them really get bothered with by 'sharing a character's name' thing.

Also, I prefer Caska to Casca.
NINJ4
Mastered PM

Post by NINJ4 »

Starnum wrote:Well, if anyone ever tries to hurt my Casca-chan, I’d severely fuck them up. Other than that, I don’t think it’s an issue. However, knowing Ninj4, he wasn’t serious.
STARNUM REMEMBERS ME :) School put a stop to my postings a while back (and to reading Berserk too T-T)
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Casca, its uniform and correct.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

two c's all the way.
Brainpiercing
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Starnum wrote:Okay, now I will shock all of you.

My wife had a baby on Thursday. Yes, really. Can you guess what I named my daughter?

Yeah, I actually named her Casca.

<----------is such a fan boy. :?
You are not the only one

im thinking of these names when i get a kid

Shino(its actually a pretty common name for somalians),Zodd,Serpico cause they are pretty cool name not cause i like the charactherd with the name but in Zood he is a fav of mine.

On the topic

i would like it very much if Guts died with a smile on his face after killing Griffith it suits the dark view of the manga.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

That would fit the feel nicely, though I still want him and casca to ride off into the sunset at the end. :D

Nah, in reality I just want to see what Miura decides to do, he has yet to make a bad dicision.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

If it was other manga than berserk i would want a happy ending but in Berserk Guts have lost almost everything that he wouldnt miss much if he died killing his enemy.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Hmm, I'd say hardly anyone deserves a happy ending more than Gats....
Brainpiercing
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Hehe thats right.

I wonder if we will ever know where Guts is from and why his mother and the other people were hanged.

Just wondering
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

If he died trying to kill Griffith then he woudl loose Casca, and to him that i the only thing worth having.

I don't think it matters to much where he is from, and the mother and others were hanged by the mercanaries I think, or an oppsoing military force. It was not uncommon to kill everyone in a village when you pillage it. The thing that is important is he was born from a corpse. His mother was already dead when he was born. That is what makes him the stuggler he is today. He is constantly surrounded by death and knows it better than anyone else, and therefore fights harder than anyone to stay alive.