Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

MadDogMike
Mastered PM

Re: Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Post by MadDogMike »

That's the thing, there is NO reward in stealth. You simply get to pass the level, but you miss out on collecting weapons and trading them for Drebin points, which in turn gives you useful items and other weapons. They should have also put in some different type of incentive for avoiding enemies, perhaps something like Snake "learning" to camouflage better (i.e. you gain small bonuses to camo, or maybe even new camouflage items).

Not only that, but the weapons that drop on the ground only stay there a short while, so they're in fact luring players out into the open to try and grab them before they disappear. At least, that's how it's working for (against) me. :(
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Play the game on extreme and then you will understand the purpose of stealth. Plus, to even be considered worthy of having the big boss title you must be a well practiced stealth machine. Try playing online as Snake without stealth, have fun ruining the image of Snake with your deaths. haha.

TO WAR MACHINE:
[spoiler]Stun knife on laughing octopus works through the box. both knife and stun attacks.[/spoiler]
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

I completely forgot about the stun knife! Oh well, at least I passed it without much trouble.

[spoiler]The bike chase is pretty hard, you actually die from 3 stray shots from the jeep's turrets, but Raging Raven is super easy, I beat her on the first try. Right now I'm fighting Crying Wolf, but it's a little difficult to keep the Frogs sedated so they don't hear the shot from your rifle. What really sucks though, is that I had already beaten her, but I noticed afterwards that I had an alert way back at the first part of Shadow Mosses, so I had to redo the whole act and now I'm stuck fighting her again.[/spoiler]
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

It's gloating time!

I didn't kill the beasts or used the solar gun, for added difficulty.

"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

that play through must have been epic. how did you get past the gekkos in act 5 without any alerts? or how about crying wolf for that matter?

i do have to say... 190 flashbacks? did you watch a few of the cutscenes early on? becuase if there are 190 of them, then that means you can get a much lower play time, rather than your 4 hours that you got.

being homeless sucks, no ps3 for me...
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

The flashbacks carry over from your previous rounds, that's why I had so many. I didn't watch any cutscene on that play through.
[spoiler]Crying wolf herself is not that difficult, but not letting the frogs hear your shots is. At the start of the fight you move to the north east part of the area (that's where she usually is at first) and tranquilize all 4 frogs you encounter on the way and shoot her with the Mosin, after she moves I usually stay in the area where the collapsed tunnel is because if she decides to run and tackle you, you can easily jump into the tunnel where she won't get you. You just wait for her to move and make sure to keep the 4 frogs in that area asleep the whole time, so shoot them again even if they haven't stood up so they don't do it when you need to use the Mosin. There's also some Mosin and Mk22 ammo in the collapsed tunnel.

The gekkos in Act 5 aren't that difficult as long as you move quickly. With the face-camo equipped, you move forward through the left side, always stay to the left. You'll have to tranquilize about 8 frogs along the way, but as long as you lay down before they see you, you'll have enough time to shoot them before they trigger the alarm. Once you get where the Gekkos are, keep riding the wall and watch out for one of the Gekkos that looks your way, wait for him to turn around and keep moving. Once you get to the top and one of the Gekkos appears near the door you have to open, wait for him to walk away and run towards the door tapping triangle. The cool thing about the Gekkos is that they can't hear you, so you can stay behind them the whole time and run past them when they turn to the side.

I have to say that the hardest parts of the game were the frogs in Act 1 (they seem to aim at your head all the time), the first area in Act 2 (because the militia dies almost instantly and changes the behavior of the PMCs), the bike scene in Act 3 (everyone aims at your head as well), crying wolf (the fricking frogs), and screaming mantis (only cause you get shot from every direction by the frogs).[/spoiler]
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Damn, nice work WarMachine. I've just started Act IV on Big Boss mode. I've also been playing online, I'm lvl 3 now.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

finally got home for the weekend was able to platy some MGO. Anyone who wants to meet their destructor, just add me game id: j-cart

i've done one feat that i dont think i will be able to do for a loooooooooooooong time, surviving a whole entire game. shit was awesome when it came down to the last few kills, boxes are my saviors.

btw, m14 is a beast, plus having sniper skill out allows be to switch between gunner (m14) to complete sniper(dsr-1). btw are we making an evil genius clan? cuz i've had many clans wanting me to join but m go only allows for one clan per character (hence the "extra" chracter price).
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

So what's the max level a character can obtain for MGSO, if there is one. As for the clan, I guess I could start one if you or Fujin doesn't want to do it. I'm just not sure how good I'd be, or even where to start. :?
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Starnum wrote:So what's the max level a character can obtain for MGSO, if there is one. As for the clan, I guess I could start one if you or Fujin doesn't want to do it. I'm just not sure how good I'd be, or even where to start. :?

25 is the max level, but some people will bottom out at around 15 or so. Its not like Cod4 where you can always get experience, much more like halo, but for mgo the rank is dependent on your ratio of kills and other such stats.

clan wise.. i dono.. the future will tell us otherwise.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Aren't the levels capped at the moment? Cause I've never seen anyone get to the 10s.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Ah, I see. I had another question. I tried looking at the beauties with the camera like you said Half, and the special backdrop never appeared and they didn't pose at all. I really wanted to see that. What's up, am I doing it wrong or something?
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

You have to wait a couple of minutes running around the place until the white backdrop appears, you don't need to have your camera out for it to appear as far as I know. Just be patient and it'll happen.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

yah it takes like 3-5 minutes of running around. And the actually photoshoot only lasts 5 minutes too. (they can still dodge your shots from their pose LOL).
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Starnum wrote:Ah, I see. I had another question. I tried looking at the beauties with the camera like you said Half, and the special backdrop never appeared and they didn't pose at all. I really wanted to see that. What's up, am I doing it wrong or something?
Sorry to hear that.....

Perhaps this is something you should bring up with your wife.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

LOL, I just thought it sounded funny, and I like seeing all the secrets. Hey, maybe she'd be into it though, if you know what I mean. :P

[spoiler]prolly not[/spoiler]

Well I'll try waiting longer next time then. Anyway, I got a chance to play with Fujin on MGSO earlier. It was pretty fun. Hopefully some of you others can join us next time. ;)
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

I was playing a CQC match today with war machine, I took a few snap shots they're hilarious. I'll try to post them on the forum soon.

Btw I'm only seven hours in and I've already gotten to level 4, I killed my beta record haha
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

fujinsan wrote:I was playing a CQC match today with war machine, I took a few snap shots they're hilarious. I'll try to post them on the forum soon.

Btw I'm only seven hours in and I've already gotten to level 4, I killed my beta record haha

is your kills higher than your deaths??? becuase if not then you are efficent at killing your enemies.

btw the history should also rate stuns aswell.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Does that mean I could stay stuck at level 3, or that for some people higher levels will never be possible, due to your record? That kind of sucks.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

I'm not even sure levels go any higher than 9 (highest I've seen is 8). But don't worry, the level is only meant to be there so you can play with people who are around your skill level, nothing more. It doesn't give you anything.

Anyway, I don't think the level is entirely dependent on your kill/death ratio since I just played knife fights for a while (to get Blades level 3, which I did) and my deaths now exceed my kills (from getting stabbed in the back), yet my level is still at 3.

By the way, are we starting a clan? Cause I'm still holding out for it.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Fujin is supposed to be starting one soon, so I'm still waiting for him to do that. We're going to have more than just EG people joining though, so if anyone has any great name ideas, plz let us know.

I like "Outer Heaven" (but it's probably taken) and Fujin suggested "Harbingers of the Patriots". What do you guys think?
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Brain storming:

"Heaven Within"
"Philanthropy" (might be taken though)
"Band of the Hawk"

If you care for a name with more meaning, how about the "26th of July Movement"?

That's all I can think of right now...
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

I don't really play MGO (Age of Conan and Mass Effect take up all my gaming time at the moment) but I always liked

Primus Inter Pares (First Among Equals)
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

How about these

"The God Hand"(No one will know what it means besides berserk fans so it'll be cool.)
"Desciples of Odin" (I know it sounds corny as hell but oh well)

That's all I got at the moment, get back with me on what you think. Also I plan to get my extra five hours in today, about 2:00 - 4:00 central U.S time.
Btw, Autherfux, I like your idea the most so by the time I'm ready to create it, if nobody has anything better I'll use your's.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Malignant_Smarts
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012