Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Re: Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Post by dialdfordesi »

Wait, it comes out the twelfth and not the twenty first? Hot diggity!
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

I edited my first post to provide new info and a countdown timer. I can't believe that there's only five more days though, probably three till Firmware 2.40. :D
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I know, I have it on pre-order, I can't wait! *foams at the mouth*
MadDogMike
Mastered PM

Post by MadDogMike »

I had to spend all the money I'd saved for PS3 + MGS4 on car rego and insurance... I want to cry. :(
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

MadDogMike wrote:I had to spend all the money I'd saved for PS3 + MGS4 on car rego and insurance... I want to cry. :(
That's messed up man. Only three more days left, I went to gamestop with a friend the other day, and they were completly sold out of ps3's. This was at three different one's, looks like Mgs4 has provoked quite a crowd.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

I found two Metal Gear Solid 4 tv spots, here they are.

They even got the guy that does movie voices!! Haha you can tell it had a big budget.
Last edited by fujinsan on Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Man i really dont know what to do with myself.

The Christmas of 1998 i was about to head out on a snowboard trip with my dad, but before we left he asked me that since i've been a good kid that he would buy me a video game of my choice. while i had a sega genesis, i only had like 4 games on it, was really never a gamer, BUT on my playstation one i had a few more games and i just remembered that there was this new Tactical stealth game that was out on the PLaystation one, Metal Gear Solid. I was 11 fuckign years old, and my dad got me a game that was beyond its time. While on my downtime from snowboarding im playing this game and its giving me the complete lowdow on EVERYTHING. My mom ends up coming in on the scene where Ocelot's arm get cut off and she got pissed that i was playing such a game, but my dad, didnt care, all he could say was how crazy deep and movie like this game was. He had no idea a game could be like that and form then on didnt care if i played video games.

That winter trip, i finished my first game ever (before that i had no idea you could finish a game..) and is why 10 years later, i havent missed a metal gear game. MGS4 I CANT WAIT!
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Dude this sucks so much, I can't get to the midnight release my car broke down!! This is so fucking irritating. Luckily I already paid in full for the game, so I won't have to worry about not getting it haha. :D
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

first time i ever bought a game at midnight, and i cant even play it.

FUCK FINALS!!!!
MadDogMike
Mastered PM

Post by MadDogMike »

At least you have a PS3. You're a lot closer to playing the game than I am. I have to wait two more weeks for my next paycheck. :(
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

I officially own MGS4 now, I haven't had the chance to play it yet because my surround sound's acting up. As soon as I get it fixed I'm going to play the storyline, hope to see you guys online afterwards.

*Edit*

I just installed the game and it gives you a little comedy relief at the beginning, snake's smoking a cigarette while the game gives you multiple health warnings. So if your a smoker you can sit back and have a smoke with snake while your waiting. :lol:
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

fujinsan wrote:I officially own MGS4 now, I haven't had the chance to play it yet because my surround sound's acting up. As soon as I get it fixed I'm going to play the storyline, hope to see you guys online afterwards.

*Edit*

I just installed the game and it gives you a little comedy relief at the beginning, snake's smoking a cigarette while the game gives you multiple health warnings. So if your a smoker you can sit back and have a smoke with snake while your waiting. :lol:
Don't talk about it yet, I'm gonna get it as soon as my class ends. Gamestop better have my reserved copy or there's gonna be hell to pay.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Metal Gear Solid 4 is finally upon us!1! *Laughs maniacally*

I got my copy last night. I'm already on Act II, taking a break at the moment. Man, this game is great, I'm loving it. See you on battlefield boys. :)
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

So what is everyone's characters name? Mine is Fujin, just in case you guys want to add me. I'm also on act II so I'm probably ahead or behind you.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

I don't need friends, I've got MGS4!

I'm on act 3 after spending the whole freaking day playing that game. Muscular dystrophy is well worth it.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

If you arent playing this game on hard and making sure you complete the game without killing a single person, then you should not be allowed to control the legend himself.

BTW stun knife>octopus

game is tooo good.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Has anyone noticed that laughing octopus is hotter than hell? But yeah I'm on the fourth act on normal, I guess I should've put it on hard because the games just too damn easy on normal. But can you say shadow moses?
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Great Game too bad I can't connect online. That aspect sucks but other than that great game.
"Context is for Kings"
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Grahf wrote:Great Game too bad I can't connect online. That aspect sucks but other than that great game.
Aspect?

Anyway, I just finished it, and my mind is thoroughly blown. MGS4 definitely is "game of the fucking decade".
Botch
imanewbie

Post by Botch »

Got the game yesterday, already beat it. Definatly the best game I think i've ever played, and i've played alot of games. But then again i've always been a huge MGS4 fan, not to the point of being fanatical or anything. But it's always been one of my favorite series because of it's characters, amazing plot lines (and twists), and have always been a fan of the action.

Definatly a 11/10 from me. :)

If you're an MGS fan, definatly pick up this game. I even bought a ps3 JUST to play it.

"Sink, suffer, self destruct. Rise, stronger, reconstruct." - Lamb of God
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

I'm on Act 5, can anyone say impossible? I mean Gekkos to the left Frogs to the right. There's no end in sight. I'm not giving up though I shall persevere. 8)
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

i got something to ask...

[spoiler]i beat Octopus with a the stun knife, then i had to shoot her with the tranq gun. So do i always have to do that? I want to finish the game with no killing.[/spoiler]
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

halfnhalf wrote:i got something to ask...

[spoiler]i beat Octopus with a the stun knife, then i had to shoot her with the tranq gun. So do i always have to do that? I want to finish the game with no killing.[/spoiler]
I got somethings to ask as well.....

[spoiler]What wrong with you? MGS4 ain't no game for hippies or sissy-boys!

Sac up and blow that bitch up with a bazooka....and Raiden while you're at it! :twisted:[/spoiler]
Let's put a smile on that face...............
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

I would recommend that you don't try the no kills at least until your second time through the game since you'll be missing out on the insane amount of weapons you can use. But if you still want to continue like that, you can buy a few other none lethal weapons from the shop later on (like Mosin Nagant, which you will need).
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well I just began act V and personally I'm finding this shit to be pretty damn challenging, and I'm only playing on normal. I'm not worried about playing a perfect game right now though, I can do that on my next play-through. Besides, there really are a lot of cool guns and weapons to use. I'm far from a super master of this game yet, I've already gotten lots of alert phases and kills. Anyway, it's a truly epic and amazing game. Lots of cool plot things I could bring up to talk about, but the game is still pretty fresh so I'm going to wait for now. There's one part of the game so far that I thought was really cool that I'd like to mention though.

[spoiler]Finally we get to pilot a metal gear! Rex vs Ray was an awesome fight! Now if I can just manage to sneak into Outer Haven without being spotted...[/spoiler]