Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Post by fujinsan »

Metal Gear Solid 4:Guns of the Patriots looks to be the best title in the series, I cant wait to get it I'm preordering mine tomorrow. I can't believe no one else made a mgs4 thread? Well the synopsis for it is this, snake's last mission, I think he's somewhere in iraq looking for liquid. Time will only tell how badass this games going to be.

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, release date: 06/12/08

OUT NOW

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots official box art.

[spoiler][/spoiler]actuall ingame graphix
Last edited by fujinsan on Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:57 am, edited 9 times in total.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Re: metal gear solid 4: guns of the patriots

Post by War Machine »

So you can already pre-order. Does it come with anything special?
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Starnum
Elven King

Re: metal gear solid 4: guns of the patriots

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I already pre-ordered mine like last week when I got DMC4. The game is now scheduled for release in June, I can't wait. I was going to make this thread when the game came out, but I guess now is fine.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Re: Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Post by fujinsan »

yeah i looked and looked but couldn't find a thread anywhere. so i made one >} there is still going to be a five though but it's about raiden and it's directly after mgs2. Raidens the new cyborg ninja!!!!!
MadDogMike
Mastered PM

Post by MadDogMike »

fujinsan wrote:yeah i looked and looked but couldn't find a thread anywhere. so i made one >} there is still going to be a five though but it's about raiden and it's directly after mgs2. Raidens the new cyborg ninja!!!!!
UGH! Now it all makes sense...

I'd read before that Hideo Kojima liked Raiden more than Snake as a main character... what this means is that he's killing off Snake so that people won't complain when he makes another MGS game about Raiden. They'll have no choice because Snake is dead. If that's not the case, then why would he make these two games out of chronological order?

That makes me a sad panda. :(
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

MadDogMike wrote:
fujinsan wrote:yeah i looked and looked but couldn't find a thread anywhere. so i made one >} there is still going to be a five though but it's about raiden and it's directly after mgs2. Raidens the new cyborg ninja!!!!!
UGH! Now it all makes sense...

I'd read before that Hideo Kojima liked Raiden more than Snake as a main character... what this means is that he's killing off Snake so that people won't complain when he makes another MGS game about Raiden. They'll have no choice because Snake is dead. If that's not the case, then why would he make these two games out of chronological order?

That makes me a sad panda. :(
yeah snake will be missed but raiden is also badass plus cyborg ninja i mean did you see the vid of him fighting vaamp?
MadDogMike
Mastered PM

Post by MadDogMike »

No matter how cool it is that Raiden gets an awesome part in MGS4, that won't change my mind. If Snake dies, MGS should die with it, it's just not going to be the same at all without him.

Nobody plays the MGS series because they like Raiden, they play it because they like Snake. Snake has a significant history and connection to the story (what with being a clone of Big Boss and all), Raiden is just some regular recruit who happened to become wrapped up in it by chance.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

First of all, speak for yourself. I really like Raiden. I don't play MGS for either Snake or Raiden, I play it because it's a legendary game franchise. If Kojima himself decides to do another game after this with Raiden as the main charcter, that's fine by me. Snake will definitely be missed though, he's awesome too. Also, Raiden is anything but a regular recruit. Anyway, I thought this game was supposed to take place shortly after MGS2, do you mean five (which I've heard nothing about mind you) is suppose to take place between 2 and 4? I'm gonna have to go look into this.
MadDogMike
Mastered PM

Post by MadDogMike »

I've heard nothing about part 5 either, at the time of writing my posts I was taking fujinsan's word for it.

What IS the source of your information, fujinsan?
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

fujinsan wrote:yeah snake will be missed but raiden is also badass plus cyborg ninja i mean did you see the vid of him fighting vaamp?
Funny aside: After playing MGS1 and really liking the Cyborg Ninja character I had gone to use his codename "Deepthroat" in online games and Chat and the likes, thinking it was some kind of name related to him having a sore, deep (in a bass kinda way) voice. Little did I know what deepthroating really meant until I got all those cyber-IMs in IRC asking if I was into deepthroating...
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Aetherfukz wrote:
fujinsan wrote:yeah snake will be missed but raiden is also badass plus cyborg ninja i mean did you see the vid of him fighting vaamp?
Funny aside: After playing MGS1 and really liking the Cyborg Ninja character I had gone to use his codename "Deepthroat" in online games and Chat and the likes, thinking it was some kind of name related to him having a sore, deep (in a bass kinda way) voice. Little did I know what deepthroating really meant until I got all those cyber-IMs in IRC asking if I was into deepthroating...
Hahaha.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Aetherfukz wrote:
Well..............

Aren't you?
Let's put a smile on that face...............
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Also, now that HD-DVD is officially a failed format (Toshiba dropped support), I can see myself getting a PS3 when this game comes out.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Femto wrote:Also, now that HD-DVD is officially a failed format (Toshiba dropped support), I can see myself getting a PS3 when this game comes out.
So which relevant companies still support it? Dreamworks and ?????

I wonder how long microsoft will continue to push it?
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

The only movie studio still behind HD DVD is Paramount, which is a really big one. But the days of HD DVD are numbered.

Also, anyone know if you get anything special for pre-ordering MGS4?
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

MadDogMike wrote:I've heard nothing about part 5 either, at the time of writing my posts I was taking fujinsan's word for it.

What IS the source of your information, fujinsan?
it was a direct quote from raidens girlfriend in subsistence, "There's going to be a five right?" is what she said. Also in an interview with one of the developers he stated " We've decided to finish the story of snake." He said nothing of raiden. I personally think it's not going to be called metal gear solid anymore, I think they're going to make a completely different series all together.
Also, anyone know if you get anything special for pre-ordering MGS4?
not sure about this but i think a special dvd and doll of snake
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Aetherfukz wrote:
Heh, that's pretty funny. However, you should know that's not what they're referring to in the game. Originally a deep-throat was like an informant. Someone who supplied a detective with information, like a snitch. It later became known for...well you know. :P
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

The Prince wrote:
Aetherfukz wrote:
Well..............

Aren't you?
Wow. You must have thought a whole day for that brilliant rebuttal.

NOT.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Aetherfukz wrote:
The Prince wrote:
Aetherfukz wrote:
Well..............

Aren't you?

Wow. You must have thought a whole day for that brilliant rebuttal.

NOT.

I'll take that as a YES. Don't worry my GF is into that as well........ :)

LOL, I'm only kidding.....Well at least about the first part.

Seriously though....

FYI, Deep Throat was the alias given to Deputy Director of the FBI William Mark Felt, Sr., the secret source who leaked information about the involvement of U.S. President Richard Nixon's administration in the first Watergate break-in and subsequent events that came to be known as the Watergate scandal.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yes, and then it became a code name for an informant. I've heard it used in that regard for more than just Mark Felt. Just as it was used in MGS, and several detective stories. *shrugs*
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

all i have to say is that mgs3 set the bar on how you are suppose to end a game. NO ending has ever come that close, except The Watchmen. It was the most satisfying ending that brought a tear to my eye. And if it is true, if it Snake's last mission, I want it be glorious!

I have my eyes set on this game, i dig the old look, the new style of gameplay, and the risks that Kojima is doing to making this game.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

MGS2 > MGS3

MGS3 has better gameplay though, mostly because of CQC.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Nobody cares.

Here's something people do care about though:

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/02/05/metal ... d-for-ps2/

30 Bucks for 3 games (with MG and MG2 included in MGS3:S) is awesome as hell.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

30 dollars for 3 games I already own and have played to death.

Great!

Who cares?

Not me.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Femto wrote:MGS2 > MGS3
Wow, I can't believe you said that. Only because so many people whine and complain about some of the stuff in MGS2. Personally I love them both about equally, but for different reasons. The ending to MGS2 is my fav out of the series so far, but 3 was close. A lot of people complain about it being too convoluted or whatever, but I thought it was genius.