Martial Arts

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

Starnum
Elven King

Re: Martial Arts

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, the way he completely shut the other guy down was impressive. You can tell he really knows how to back up what he says. He's great at adapting to the fight, for sure.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

I was watching the Anderson fight, and my dad was like, "its no fair, the other white dude is way bigger" he was shocked to see james irvin go down with one punch...

Brandon Vera at 205 now? I want him to tear it up, he needs to figure out his game badly.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

So Lyoto Machida is gonna fight Thiago Silva and Brandon Vera is gonna fight Kieth Jardine. What do yall think?

Also anyone check out Margaritto/Cotto ? I hear its fight of the year. I just finished my dl, bout to hit it up. I'll let you know what i think.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I don't know the first two very well, but if Brandon Vera's last fight was any sign of what's to come, I'd have to give it to Jardine. I guess we'll see though.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Buzkashi wrote:So Lyoto Machida is gonna fight Thiago Silva and Brandon Vera is gonna fight Kieth Jardine. What do yall think?

Also anyone check out Margaritto/Cotto ? I hear its fight of the year. I just finished my dl, bout to hit it up. I'll let you know what i think.
Neither get me that excited to be honest. I imagine Lyoto will outclass Silva, and the other fight....who cares?

-Fight of the year candidate for sure. Watch Cotto (riding a waive of supreme confidence coming into the fight) slowly get broken down both mentally and physically into a shell of a man by the 10th.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Starnum wrote:I don't know the first two very well, but if Brandon Vera's last fight was any sign of what's to come, I'd have to give it to Jardine. I guess we'll see though.
Did you see Jardine's last one?
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Which was that? Prolly not. I've seen Vera do really well in the past, so I'm not really sure who'll win.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Jardine's last fight involved him falling to the mat by the AXE MURDER. I fucking love Wandy. the guy doesnt care about the hype, all he wants to do is hits the shit out of people or get beaten up in the process. A monster is what he his.

BTW when i was in LAX (LA airport) i brushed shoulders with Kimbo Slice. Now when i did brush shoulders, all i could think was damn, that black guy had a the dirtest bum beard EVAR, then it hit me that it was kimbo slice. The fool is a monster, im 5'11 at 210 pounds right now and the fool had the widest shoulders i've ever seen (he is barely above 6 feet). He does have one flaw and i think it will haunt him forever, HIS LEGS ARE FUCKING TINY! chicken legs man, then guy need to hit the sqauts, his legs have nothing in them.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Damn, that cracked me up. I still wouldn't even want to be near you if you said that to his face though. :P
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Starnum wrote:Damn, that cracked me up. I still wouldn't even want to be near you if you said that to his face though. :P

he wouldn't be able to do shit. everyone that watched that crappy fight knows he has no take down defense lol!
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Kimbo Slice would put hands on anybody on this whole messageboard.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Buzkashi wrote:Kimbo Slice would put hands on anybody on this whole messageboard.

but i know Bill Brasky, so i think im covered.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Buzkashi wrote:Kimbo Slice would put hands on anybody on this whole messageboard.
Seriously.

I'm like Snake though, he'd never see me coming. I'd all slide up behind him all stealth like and be like, "Surprise bitch! Don't hurt me!...I just want your autograph." :P
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

So...

Kimbo is fighting Ken Shamrock...

My money is on Shamrock.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Wow, really? This should be a good one, when and where is it coming on?
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

When was the last time ken shamrock won a fight?
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I think hes on a loosing streak. But it matters not.

I think shamrocks experience will win him the fight. Hopefully he'll submit him.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I see where you're comin from, with the whole experience thing, but my money is still on Kimbo. That dudes like a Mac truck, and ain't he a little bit younger too?
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Well there both fairly old. But yea Shamrock has 10 years on kimbo.

kimbo-34
shamrock-44
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Ah, yeah. What is it with Kimbo fightin all these old dudes. :P
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Starnum wrote:Ah, yeah. What is it with Kimbo fightin all these washed up fighters. :P

I fixed that for you.

They are trying to get him into the lime light, like the UFC was trying to do with Roger Huerta (though he actually does have talent). Elite XC has one last CBS show to put on and they want Kimbo Slice to be the talk of it. I dont mind Kimbo Slice, it's the fucking billionaire in the background that has his money too invest into things and because of that is forcing the outcome of the fights. The guy is making MMA into something that the UFC tried ever so hard to make sure they weren't that kind of a sport.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I feel ya on that. I'd like to see Kimbo fight someone serious in the current UFC ranks.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

The UFC is gay man.

If MMA was private promotions people like kimbo slice wouldnt have ever happened.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

halfnhalf wrote:
I fixed that for you.

They are trying to get him into the lime light, like the UFC was trying to do with Roger Huerta (though he actually does have talent). Elite XC has one last CBS show to put on and they want Kimbo Slice to be the talk of it. I dont mind Kimbo Slice, it's the fucking billionaire in the background that has his money too invest into things and because of that is forcing the outcome of the fights.

Forcing outcomes of fights? Where the hell are you coming from with this?
The guy is making MMA into something that the UFC tried ever so hard to make sure they weren't that kind of a sport.
- Hmmmm......Brock Lesnar anyone. Of course he has shown potential, but the UFC has been marketing the shit out of this guy who is more or less a WWE cash-cow that has accomplished jack-shit in MMA with his stellar record of 2-1 (one legit win).

Nogueira who.....That's right! Who cares about that guy when you have the guy that pedigree'd Kurt Angle through a dressing room wall?

- Tito Ortiz- Shamrock II and III......anyone miss those barn-burners?

- Sean Gannon- Brandon Lee Hinkle......CLASSIC!
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Hm, I guess you have a point. I'd expect a win from Nogueira in most cases though, whereas I don't expect much from Lesnar at this point.

I seen Kimbo in a Facebreaker commercial. Also, has anyone watched The Scorpion King II? Don't worry, you're not missing much. Though if you want to see Randy Couture as the meanest baddest bad guy ever (only not really), then check it out. *snickers*