Martial Arts

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Re: Martial Arts

Post by The Prince »

Buzkashi wrote:You're just mad he stole your title of "the Latin Snake".

Thats right, I went there.

I didn't know that Femto went by the title " Latin Snake". :smoken:
Buzkashi wrote:I was wondering if you could draw me wearing my behelit necklace. Wearing only my behelit necklace.
Whatever happened to the pearl necklace he gave you?
Let's put a smile on that face...............
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Buzkashi wrote:I was wondering if you could draw me wearing my behelit necklace. Wearing only my behelit necklace.
I did this already back when you first posted your picture.

Sexual fantasies are crazy like that.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Whatever happened to the pearl necklace he gave you?[/quote]

Your mom decided it looked better on her. :kekeke:
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Buzkashi wrote:
Whatever happened to the pearl necklace he gave you?

Your mom decided it looked better on her. :kekeke:[/quote]

Bastard.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

You did that on purpose...
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
FightClub
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by FightClub »

I don't condone this thread. It's full of wannabe badasses, and closet homo's that think martial arts nothing more than an opportunity to rub up on sweaty men. You all fail miserably.

-FightClub
Rolos wrote:-He was born from a corpse? Has been killing (or assisting in the process) people ever since he was 5? Hahahaa...talk about having a shitty life. Its hilarious because he's not me.
MadDogMike
Mastered PM

Post by MadDogMike »

Says the guy named "FightClub" who has 300 sweaty almost naked Greeks in his sig.

;)
FightClub

Post by FightClub »

MadDogMike wrote:Says the guy named "FightClub" who has 300 sweaty almost naked Greeks in his sig.

;)
Takes one to know one.
Rolos wrote:-He was born from a corpse? Has been killing (or assisting in the process) people ever since he was 5? Hahahaa...talk about having a shitty life. Its hilarious because he's not me.
FightClub

Post by FightClub »

Well sorry for the double post here, seems like I killed this thread. I recently got a pm, from someone who I will not name. I'd originally typed this out in PM, but I felt it was too personal not to bring to the community. That, and I'm not a coward, if I talk about people I tend to want them to hear it from me, rather than from someone else I told. A lot of it jumps on things that have been said before, a lot of it jumps on things that happen to be within this topic.

We're all pretty big nerds here, every last one of us. I just tend to find it quite funny, if not hypocritical that all of these guys consider themselves martial art major badasses. Especially since everyone and their brother has recently hopped on the MMA boat, which is about as fad as hot topic was a few years back, and abercrombie a few years before. Yeah, I enjoy watching people beat the shit out of one another as much as the next guy, and having a few beers while doing it. But personally, if I need to get on a message board to get affirmation that I'm a man, and thatI can sling fists, then I'm hurting pretty hard.

Most of these guys here are just jacking off to their own persona's. They were picked on in school, runts of their litters, and they fill their ego with their high post count. They'll flaunt it in any way they can, "Oh I'm more intelligent than you," "Oh I study ty-kwon-grab-dick-do", or what the fuck ever. The shit has never really impressed me.

You study martial arts, that's fucking awesome. Great way to keep in shape, stay limber, and meet chicks who could probably kick your ass. But them thinking that anyone really gives a fuck is purely stupid. Most everyone here is just nurturing their petty ego, high post count, dancing along with their pretty spell check wizard. Oh look at me I can make funny retorts that makes someone look stupid, only to cry like a bitch when someone insults you, and you don't have anything to say back.

I'm not pretending to be fucking Sigmund Freud, like I've dipped into their subconsciousness, linked their insecurities to incest past relations or permanent virginity. I'm not pretending I'm the outstanding guru of the napoleon complex. I just call them like I see them. And what I see here are a lot of scared little people, men, and boys that have never been in fights, men and boys that watch their little cartoon movies and obsess about doing it themselves. And naturally I don't blame you, any of you for feeling that way. Typically -normal- people don't look for fights, normal people don't want to get in fights. It's not much of a preservation technique if you go around slugging everyone you see.

I just wish all of these people would chill with their bi-polar, almost schizophrenic, alternate personality bullshit. Chill on the mighty ego, and the Conan the Conquerer of the message boards mentality. That's not you, it's not any of you. At heart we're all the same, good men (and women) who all have something in common. Enjoying manga, anime, whatever. I don't need to see how fake of a person you can be. I don't need to see the shell you've put up for yourselves because you cannot in-fact face who each of you truly are as people. Some of you are really great people, people I'd like to know, or already do. And there's no comfort in leading a life of insecurity and fakeness, it will catch up with you.

So for the sake of us all, why don't those of you out there show us who you really are, not the internet persona you've created for yourselves. Because the persona's you have created do you no great justice, they'll bring you no comfort, in the end it will only bring you further pain than what you've already been caused. And for the sake of argument, and because I know it will be addressed by the first person who remembers my picture. Yes I am wearing abercrombie in that picture, yes I have partaken in fads in the past. But that does not make me who I am, nor do I let it represent me, that is a mistake that a lot of you all have yet to rectify.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Feel better now?
MadDogMike
Mastered PM

Post by MadDogMike »

FightClub wrote:*Blog post*
Looks like somebody only read the first page of this thread... once we got past the crappy "I taught myself street martial arts and never lost a fight" posts on the first page we actually had a pretty decent discussion about martial arts themselves, the validity of Mixed "Martial Arts" and have been keeping up to date with the latest UFC news.

Oh, and I'm so sorry somebody insulted you via PM right after you came into this thread and did the same to everyone who participated, regardless of the content of their posts. Shame on that person. :roll:
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Fight club should quit the forum.

On another note. UFC those trixy bastards, trying to shut down affliction before it even starts.

What would you guys rather watch, the Silva/Irvin fight or the Fedor/Sylvia fight??

That is assuming you know what I'm speaking of.
MadDogMike
Mastered PM

Post by MadDogMike »

Fedor vs. Sylvia, hands down. Well, I'm going to watch both anyway (internet FTW), but I'm a huge fan of Fedor. It sucks that the UFC goes to such lengths to maintain its "superiority".
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

MadDogMike wrote: It sucks that the UFC goes to such lengths to maintain its "superiority".

but at the same time they are capable of putting together to great match ups. I would have to say i have been fully satisfied from the UFC this past year. Elite XC had its great run with Li v. Shamrock, but after that its been a joke.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

DREAM is where its at.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Heres some real martial arts news if anyones interested. Happened back in April this year.
http://www.miaminewtimes.com/2008-04-03 ... master-do/
But of course this will spiral into something along the lines of "Rampage would eat him up and spit him out."

Its a sad world we live in :(
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Nah, nvm... It's not really worth it and I don't really care anymore, and I know no one else does, heh. ;)
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

umm seriously, neither of you two should have posted those personal feelings... plus i didnt read them.

However on fight news, july is going to be AWESOME! we got rampage vs griffin this saturday and we also have tim vs. fedor on the 15th. cant wait for tim's face to get smashed!!

(plus in the works for the next heavyweight belt fight will be none other than FRANK MIR!!! WAR MIR!!!)
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

halfnhalf wrote:umm seriously, neither of you two should have posted those personal feelings... plus i didnt read them.
Yeah, you're right. I just get annoyed by stereotypical bullshit like that. Oh well, fuck it.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

lon3vvolf wrote:Heres some real martial arts news if anyones interested. Happened back in April this year.
http://www.miaminewtimes.com/2008-04-03 ... master-do/

Its a sad world we live in :(
Sad story.

But seriously......"Real martial arts news"?

Give it a break man. I guarantee you would have had no fricken' clue who Master Do is(was) had you not come across this story........So spare me with your implied sentiment.
But of course this will spiral into something along the lines of "Rampage would eat him up and spit him out."
All I got from the article was that a father/husband and positive role-model in the community was needlessly shot dead due to out-of-control gang violence in that region. Apparently all you got was a front for you to throw out an inane assertion for the sake of patronizing those that follow the sport of MMA simply to instigate some stupid shit (that you have already failed miserably at multiple times already in this thread).

I have no problem discussing the topic of traditional Martial Arts (from a non-MMA perspective), as far as the concept(s) for which they were derived (purpose) and applicability of (lack of) said concepts. But unfortunately people like you are incapable of any rational perspective on such matters, being in such a state of proverbial denial over what in fact traditional Martial Arts are (an art form.....in the sense that ballet is an artform) and what (for the most part) they are NOT (practical or effective outside a vacuum).
Last edited by The Prince on Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

halfnhalf wrote:umm seriously, neither of you two should have posted those personal feelings... plus i didnt read them.

However on fight news, july is going to be AWESOME! we got rampage vs griffin this saturday and we also have tim vs. fedor on the 15th. cant wait for tim's face to get smashed!!
Affliction is on the 19th.
(plus in the works for the next heavyweight belt fight will be none other than FRANK MIR!!! WAR MIR!!!)
Who?
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Ok... Who else thinks Rampage won that fight. I was almost certain they were gonna call his name at the end. I was seriously dumbfounded.

I mean besides the second round and some leg kicks here and there rampage took it.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Ah, that's a spoiler. I'm just surprised it went to a decision. Can't wait to see the fight.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Buzkashi wrote:Ok... Who else thinks Rampage won that fight. I was almost certain they were gonna call his name at the end. I was seriously dumbfounded.

I mean besides the second round and some leg kicks here and there rampage took it.
[spoiler]According to the judges scorecards, the final round was the deciding factor. The fight was damn close, but like you I was shocked to hear Forrests name called out in the end.

But if you think about it, Rampage at no point came close to finishing the fight. Where Forrest had Rampage reeling in the 2nd, along with a very deep triangle in the 4th (though Rampage's escape from it was awesome).

I would argue that round 2 was a 10-8 round, with Forrest significantly stunning Rampage with leg kicks, in addition to mounting Rampage and having Rampage scrambling survival mode throughout most of the round. Keep in mind, the round ended with Forrest still in the full mount with Rampage on the recieving end of an active ground and pound, unable to get out of the situation himself (having to be saved by the bell).

With the rest of the fight pretty much back and forth, I thought the fight was up for grabs going into the final round. And if you watch the fight objectively, Forrest was clearly the aggressor in theround. And IMO landed the cleaner strikes as well. Though because Rampage's chin in so solid, he seems able to brush off solid shots (that would stun most people) to the point that shots that would their mark are often percieved as merely grazing or being effectively defended/checked.

No question Rampage is the better fighter between the two (but it seems we've been saying this regarding all of Forrests opponents.....but dude keeps on winning). As in any the sports, the better team/person on paper does not always win...where in this case there is nothing that I can think of that Forrest does better than Rampage in any aspect of the fight game. Though despite Rampage bringing more tools to the table, a fighter like Forrest did a better job of making use of the tools that he had.[/spoiler]
Last edited by The Prince on Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Starnum wrote:Ah, that's a spoiler. I'm just surprised it went to a decision. Can't wait to see the fight.
Spoiler? The live event and PPV telecast already happened.