Heath Ledger found dead in Manhattan apartment

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Heath Ledger found dead in Manhattan apartment

Post by The Prince »

Just heard it on the radio, not up on MSN as of yet. Apparent overdose.......

http://www.wnbc.com/entertainment/15113586/detail.html

Sad really.....
Let's put a smile on that face...............
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Re: Heath Ledger found dead in Manhatton apartment.

Post by Eldo »

Yeah, read it on news.com.au. It's really sad, he had a lot of potential and he was a good actor. He was found beside a bunch of pills, so it's suspected that it's an overdose.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Shaka Zulu
Buzkashi wannabe

Re: Heath Ledger found dead in Manhattan apartment

Post by Shaka Zulu »

Pretty shocking and sad for sure. Was one of the bright spots in the newer generation, went from the typical hollywood cast of prettyboy to showing heaps of extremely mature talent. Riposte in Pace.
Until the lion learns to speak, the tales of the hunt will be(weak) told by the hunter
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

He never seemed like a pill popper...I suspect foul play. Seriously.
That's right!! Another pointless post by me bitches!!! HA!
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I lke heath ledger alot. He gets into his roles too, much like (but maybe not to the same extent) daniel day lewis.

I hear while he was prepping him self for the joker roll he deprived himself of sleep sometimes getting only an hour a night. Shit maybe he did it to make himself insane, iono.

R.I.P
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

Heard it on TV, it surprised me too.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

TheDrizzit wrote:He never seemed like a pill popper...I suspect foul play. Seriously.
Apparently....Dude was seriously fucked.

"Now poor little Matty is left without a father, and Heath has died a senseless death.

"He had so much to live for and he was so talented. He was working on a new film, and he had everything in life to live for. Now, tragically, he has thrown it all away at just 28."

Industry observers spoke last night of the increasingly 'unhinged' way that Ledger has carried himself professionally and personally in recent months.

"It's easy to think an actor is just dressing bizarrely and acting weird on the red carpet to try to drum up some interest in themselves. But a picture is fast emerging, through discussions with his friends and work associates, that Heath has really been very out of it for months.

"And he's been battling some pretty serious demons. It's just so incredible that it was allowed to gone on unchecked for so long."

Ledger's former fiancée Williams failed to talk sense into her now deceased former partner.

"She cared for him deeply but his life was unmanageable," said the source. "As much as she wanted to stay married, he was a different person these past couple of years.

"The tragic reality was that he lost his grip on life."

As for Ledger's trip to rehab, the source said: "It was during his filming of The Dark Knight. Heath's addiction was really getting in the way of his ability to act. He went to rehab but left fairly quickly, within a number of days.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23095463-2,00.html

Well, he wasn't taken any prohibited substances or anything, the pills they found beside him were diazepam (used for sleeping and anxiety), and shouldn't really cause any effect like that unless it's an overdose. High doses can cause respiratory depression though. We don't know if he died from taking the diazepam, or if he died from other drugs. Now, there hasn't been anything clear on his cause of death, but since this is entertainment news, when the magazines reports that a particular 'source' says something about the deceased star, it's not always so trustworthy. Whether or not this is a suicide is still up in the air, but it definitely doesn't look like it was murder.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
MsNomer
Mastered PM

Post by MsNomer »

We also don't know if he died due to the pneumonia he had in combination with the prescriptions he had. It could have been an accident.
How IS a Raven like a writing desk? [/b]
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

TheDrizzit wrote:He never seemed like a pill popper...I suspect foul play. Seriously.
lol
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Just heard it on the radio... sad thing I rather liked him and his performances.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Sad thing, he was awesome in Candy (http://imdb.com/title/tt0424880/).

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Somehow this reminds me of the Chris Benoit incident. Proofs that money can't buy happyness.
Winnowill
imanewbie

Post by Winnowill »

I heard it on the news this morning. I liked many of his films. Very sad... :(
It reminds me a bit of River Phoenix's death, almost 15 years ago now.
seductive but deadly
Shaka Zulu
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by Shaka Zulu »

What does it remind you of a lunatic who lost grips of the world due to steroids abuse and slaughtered his whole family?

Yeah its rather sad, seen couple of articles of close associates of his saying how more and more out of touch he became, compared to his earlier reputation of being one of more normal steady actors that didnt have the classic industry problems (was more private). Apparently him breaking up with his wife had a big toll on him.
Until the lion learns to speak, the tales of the hunt will be(weak) told by the hunter
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Shaka Zulu wrote:What does it remind you of a lunatic who lost grips of the world due to steroids abuse and slaughtered his whole family?
The Benoit thing was all fucked up, but it was the last celebrity suicide before Ledger I heard about, so the one today reminded me of it. And particular of the fact that no matter how much money or fame you have, you are still a human being prone to human emotions and errors. I had no intention to compare the two incidents, because unlike Benoit Ledger didn't harm anyone (physically) besides himself.

While Heath Ledger wasn't the richest or most famous celebrity of them all he sure had a big bunch of money, fame and probably women that would kill to sleep with him. But still probably the breaking up with his wife got the much of him leaving him no other choice. Although IMHO suicide is never an option, never.

Anyway it's a sad thing that he killed himself, not because he was a celebrity, but because he was a (probably decent) human being.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Shaka Zulu wrote:What does it remind you of a lunatic who lost grips of the world due to steroids abuse and slaughtered his whole family?

FYI when they did the autopsy on Benoit they found out that the drugs had essentially swiss cheesed his brain and they found it comparable to a 80-year-old Alzheimer's patient. In no way am I defending him, but people seem to ignore this fact when they talk about him.
ImageImage
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Tempest wrote:

FYI when they did the autopsy on Benoit they found out that the drugs had essentially swiss cheesed his brain and they found it comparable to a 80-year-old Alzheimer's patient. In no way am I defending him, but people seem to ignore this fact when they talk about him.
Christ, how did he manage to live?
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Shaka Zulu
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by Shaka Zulu »

From what I heard from it, the lowlife prick who runs WWE has more or less forced the wrestlers to abuse steroids or they wont go anywhere, so yeah I dont blame Benoit much, tragic individual of his inviroment.

But regardless of how fucked up he was, he did slaughter his whole family....children who were toddlers. Thats pure insanity, so I was just suprised for it to be mentionned here, but Rolo explained why so it doesnt matter.

And FYI on Ledger (who whoever weird it may sound, you can sympathize more with because you have watched/appriciated litterally for over a decade, while I dont know anyone who knows anything about WWE), its not confirmed it was suicide. The autopsy isnt confirmed and done yet, they say it will take 10 days. Just saying because too many are speculation and judging already, its a bit disrespectful even if its common rumours and hearsay gets blown up in seconds.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Shaka Zulu wrote:From what I heard from it, the lowlife prick who runs WWE has more or less forced the wrestlers to abuse steroids or they wont go anywhere, so yeah I dont blame Benoit much, tragic individual of his inviroment.

But regardless of how fucked up he was, he did slaughter his whole family....children who were toddlers. Thats pure insanity, so I was just suprised for it to be mentionned here, but Rolo explained why so it doesnt matter.

And FYI on Ledger (who whoever weird it may sound, you can sympathize more with because you have watched/appriciated litterally for over a decade, while I dont know anyone who knows anything about WWE), its not confirmed it was suicide. The autopsy isnt confirmed and done yet, they say it will take 10 days. Just saying because too many are speculation and judging already, its a bit disrespectful even if its common rumours and hearsay gets blown up in seconds.
Does Rolos have such a bad reputation that any "questionable" post is attributed to him?
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Shaka Zulu
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by Shaka Zulu »

Hehe, your username fonts are so small and the avatars so huge that I memorized peeps around here on your avatars ;) Aetherfucks av reminds me of Rolos, hence mix-up.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

It's /‌fʊks/, not /fʌks/ anyway.
Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Fuji Nagase »

holy fuck!! i am so disconnected. i didnt know about this until i visited eg for a check up. that is so sad. i think its the truly charismatic people that do the truly extreme things. hes so talented, but im not so mad, just i feel really bad for him. if it was a suicide, then i just feel so sorry that he felt like he wanted to die that much. its a terrible feeling..i wish he made more movies before he died but then i remind myself that hes a human being and he was in as much pain as anyone else, no matter the talent.its very sad indeed. i kind of want to watch one of his movies though...i was looking forward to waht kind of older actor he would make. RIP
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Aetherfukz wrote:It's /‌fʊks/, not /fʌks/ anyway.
Do you think anyone in this place really gives a shit?
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

They say it was an accidental overdose.

But me and femto suspect foul play.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.