Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion

Post by Artezul »

Basically Death Note + Gundam.

Good.

If you do not like cliffhangers, then I advise you not to watch it. Announcement for the sequel have been made, but progress of production or otherwise has yet to be determined.
"Don't you get it yet?! If she's beautiful, you'll die instantly!!" Chopper
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Re: Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion

Post by Brainpiercing »

I found it was overly dramatic, emo, and had weird characters. Some good moments, lots of annoying moments, and a really crappy end for the season.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

That...doesn't, sound so good.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Brainpiercing wrote:I found it was overly dramatic, emo, and had weird characters. Some good moments, lots of annoying moments, and a really crappy end for the season.
Sounds like an improved version of evangelion.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

*Starnum shakes his head in a displeased manner.* :P
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Starnum wrote:*Starnum shakes his head in a displeased manner.* :P
:kekeke:
Let's put a smile on that face...............
Dominion
This is my new home

Post by Dominion »

Code Geass? more like Code GAY-ass hahahha

nah i havent seen this i just thought id crack that joke
"Happiness is an inside job"
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Dominion wrote:Code Geass? more like Code GAY-ass hahahha

nah i havent seen this i just thought id crack that joke
You're really the first person ever to crack that joke...
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Have you guys been keeping up with R2. I just finished episode 21, crazy good shit.

[spoiler]Anyone else notice the striking resemblance between the Ragnarok Junction and Eva's Instrumentality? I'm glad that Lelouch and the others rejected the emperor's wishes though. Man, and who could've guess that Marianne lived on in Anya. That's just crazy. Especially when in the end Lelouch condemned them both her and Charles. Emperor Lelouch, I like the sound of that. I'm glad Suzaku's teamed up with him to become the Knight of Zero too. That's just full of win, IMO. Also, they said in the last episode that they found Nunnally. I can only assume that means she survived Freya's blast somehow, which is great! I can't wait to see what happens next.[/spoiler]
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Watched all episodes today up to 21 and I love how the story changes all the time :)

[spoiler]When Lelouchs pansy brother told him about that they had found Nunnaly didnt he refer to the time when their father made her the president (Or whatever the title was) over Japan like 10 episodes back or so?
Cant wait until the next episode, there must be some crazy shit going down. If I were Lelouch I would go after his former comrades that wanted to turn him over.[/spoiler]

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well...

[spoiler]To me, when I heard it, I got the impression that they had actually found Nunnally after the explosion from the Freya bomb. However, I could be wrong about that. There really shouldn't be any way she could have survived that, but it is anime after all. As for Lelouch seeking revenge, I know exactly what you mean, that's probably what I'd do to. Though you never know until you're in that situation, and I'm kind of torn, because I like the Black Knights too, even though they did give up Zero. I mean, so what if he was using Geass, what's the big deal? I can't imagine Lelouch seeking revenge on them, but if he does, that'd be crazy. I like all the twist and turns in the plot too, so who knows what'll happen next. Oh yeah, Nunnally was the governor of Area 11, not the president. At least that's what they called her in the subs I watched.[/spoiler]
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Hehe

[spoiler]Yeah governor, didnt remember and was to lazy to check what the correct title was :D
I also liked the Black Order, everyone except Ohgi because he just gives me bad vibes since he fell in love with the enemy.
He was bitching an awful lot over Lelouch having a Geass to, I think he is just jealous.
Lelouch doesnt need to kill everyone, just Ohgi and his girlfriend :P
And as you said, what is the big deal that he has a Geass, its only fitting for a leader to have something special up his sleeve incase his followers are thinking muteny[/spoiler]

fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

This thread is spoilerific, after reading them all my interest is peaked. I gotta watch it.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Everyone should watch this if they want to see something thats going full steam ahead with the plot, not some crazy filler shit (That I know of :D).

Ok to the point, anyone seen Nightspeeds fan-subs? Saw episode 22 out from them now and I dont know if it is correctly subbed or not.

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Hm, I haven't seen 22 yet, I'm going to wait until I can get it from my normal place. I'll go look around a bit though. Anyway, this series is good stuff, so check it out for those of you that haven't yet. Also, you know who I don't like from this series, Nina. I think that's her name. The crazy ass scientist bitch with green hair that wears glasses. Just don't like her, a little too psychotic for my tastes.

[spoiler]Stupid bitch, you created a weapon of mass destruction. What did you think was going to happen![/spoiler]
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Starnum wrote:Hm, I haven't seen 22 yet, I'm going to wait until I can get it from my normal place. I'll go look around a bit though. Anyway, this series is good stuff, so check it out for those of you that haven't yet. Also, you know who I don't like from this series, Nina. I think that's her name. The crazy ass scientist bitch with green hair that wears glasses. Just don't like her, a little too psychotic for my tastes.

[spoiler]Stupid bitch, you created a weapon of mass destruction. What did you think was going to happen![/spoiler]
Amen to that
[spoiler]I hope she gets killed soon or kills herself, that would be even better just as long as she stops being in the series.
Lelouch will probably kill her since shes the reason why his sister got blown up.[/spoiler]

Edit: So Ive seen 22 now and as always shit happened :D
Cant wait for the next one.

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Cool, I'm about to go watch it. I'll let you know if I have anything worth mentioning.

*edit*

Geez, that was freaking crazy. Great episode.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Yeah it was awesome, but I still dont quiet get what the hell Lelouch is aiming at

[spoiler]I dont really buy that he´s after dictatorship. He mentioned in the episiode that he is willing to kill/sacrifice people for the greater good, can it be that he only plays the role as a dictator to show the people what an ass of a leader they could have instead of the leader he will turn out to be?
I loved it in the beginning when Nina was crying her ass of since a lot of countries wants her dead since she built that bomb, go get her!!

Edit: Oh yeah Starnum, you were right about Nunnally :P[/spoiler]

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

[spoiler]Yeah, the fact that Nunnally was still alive was the craziest part, and that she said, "I am your enemy" at the end of the episode. I'm not exactly sure what Lelouch and Suzaku are up to either, but I'm sure it's gonna be good. Though I wouldn't be all that surprised if Lelouch was serious about ruling the world, but I think he's a good emperor for it. I do hope it's more than that though.[/spoiler]
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

ok so there seems to be a real crescendo towards the end of this season (Is there even going to be another season?).
[spoiler]Was actually talking to a friend about the housekeeper surviving cause Nunnaly did, then logic would say that she also would.
Love it when they dont miss anything :D[/spoiler]

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I imagine this will be the end of it. Is the next episode out yet?
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

This is the first time I've seen such an abuse of the spoiler code.

Their 'are' a few filler episodes, but small character and plot development make it forgiving. The main thing I noticed about R2 is the blatant fan service crammed every which way, not that I can complain.
"Don't you get it yet?! If she's beautiful, you'll die instantly!!" Chopper
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Hey, fan service is for the good making. As long as the series has more to offer than just that, of course. Well, Shniezel has shown his true nature. I can't say I'm surprised.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Schneizel was a real mass murderer :P
Ok so there is 1 episode left in this season and there is so many questions that needs an answer it feels like they cant cram all that into one episode.
Im hoping for season 3 :D

[spoiler]Ok so how the hell did Cornelias knight survive being blown up by FLEIA? Tell me that? :D
If I were Lelouch I would make Schneizel make a laughing stock out of himself on Tv, haha.
Ok on a more serious manner, the housekeeper and the scientists that helped free the hostages told the black knights that they were being threatend.
Anyone got any ideas to why they said so?[/spoiler]

Edit: Hahahaha, I just found out that Ninas last name is Einstein. Lol

Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

Just watched the final episode. Fuck. It was awesome. Tragic yet happy. It totally blew up my mind.

Is there a manga sequel or something? If there is, I am going to start reading it right now. Dammit! [spoiler]I didnt want him to fucking DIE! Why did it have to be like this?![/spoiler]

This series get a 10 out of 10 and a bonus.
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope