Movies of '08

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Re: Movies of '08

Post by Loeviz »

Femto wrote:
The Prince wrote:Is it possible to curve a bullet. even a little bit?
Yes, but you have to blow on it really hard.

Lol, thats why your the king :D

On the Doll - Totally messed up movie, had its moments but it was just downright messed up. Seriously

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Well, it works for Femto, so...

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Anyone seen Hellboy II yet? I went to the premiere. I was really impressed and surprised by how good this movie was. I like the first one, but the new one blows it out of the water. Del Toro's art design is amazing. Hellboy himself has some really good lines in the movie too. I would venture as far as to say this film was as good as Iron Man, but that's me.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

I disagree a little with Hellboy 2. It's a lot better than the first, that's a given; the story moves faster, more fights, etcetera. Yet, I still feel it isn't good enough.

It's a decent movie, and you will not have wasted your money if you payed to see it, but it's not that great.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

I agree with War Machine. I saw it this weekend. Though I'm not much of a fan, and never seen the first one. I have a bad habbit of seeing movie sequels before the originals lol.

I'd give it 3.7 stars out of 5. Loved the character designs but the story, and the ending were predictable.
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

[spoiler]Why didn't she just stab her own hand?![/spoiler]

But no, I have to say I really wasn't a huge fan of the original Hellboy, but I thoroughly enjoyed the second installment. There were certain parts of it I didn't like, but far more that I enjoyed to easily outweigh the negative.

Selma Blair was far too stiff in the movie though. Wasn't impressed by that performance at all.
Steeples scrape the sky, Praising God.
Everything here exists for God, is sacrificed to God.
For those who have nothing to sacrifice,
It can be a very heartless city indeed.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

My brother replied my question of whether the Dark Knight was any good, and he said 'no', then changed his mind and said 'it was OK, but too long'. We do have different tastes in movies though. Or he may have some insanely high expectations of the movie and he came out extremely disappointed. He hated Indy 4 with a passion, but meh, still going to see it.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Ur brother saw Dark Knight?? How can this be? I thought you Aussy's were a day late not a day ahead.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Buzkashi wrote:Ur brother saw Dark Knight?? How can this be? I thought you Aussy's were a day late not a day ahead.
Day ahead...a world behind.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Actually, we opened on the 16th, possibly something to do with Heath Ledger. I don't know, we opened earlier than you guys.

War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Damn, I'll have to wait till the 18th. I just got payed today, so I can go see it when it comes out.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Hah, I'm not watching this until Saturday. Got work and stuff during the weekdays. With all the positive reviews, it'll definitely be an entertaining film. But still, don't have too high expectations or it might be disappointing.

Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I'm seeing it tonight at Midnight. I have alright expectations. But my friends, they think its going to be Godfather 2 status.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

anybody actually read any reviews on it? all the ones I have praised it
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Eldo wrote:My brother replied my question of whether the Dark Knight was any good, and he said 'no', then changed his mind and said 'it was OK, but too long'. We do have different tastes in movies though. Or he may have some insanely high expectations of the movie and he came out extremely disappointed. He hated Indy 4 with a passion, but meh, still going to see it.

Just saw the movie. Your brother is full of shit.

If this movie doesnt win a directing oscar and a couple of acting oscars than we live in a crazy society.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

That Watchmen trailer was utter trash.

Looks like Zack '300' Snyder is hell-bent on shooting his movies in permanent slow motion.

Horrible.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Batman was a great movie. I wonder what the procedures are for giving an oscar to a dead guy? He certainly deserves it.
I can't believe is was over two hours... I wanted more.

Also the theatre I went to, the line was so long it went way outside and around the corner. Good thing they had 6 showings. All sold out too.

[spoiler]How about a magic trick? I can make this pencil disappear. Joker in the nurse outfit... that was fucking great too.[/spoiler]
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Some people at my theatre were in line for days. I was in line for roughly 6 hours.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I don't see the logic behind spending 6 hours in line to watch a 2 hour movie.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Death Sentence - Reminded me of The Punisher a little bit. Was a good movie, I usually do when Kevin Bacon is in it. Best movie yet for him is still Tremors 1 :D

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
darkdarkasian
imanewbie

Post by darkdarkasian »

Femto wrote:That Watchmen trailer was utter trash.

Looks like Zack '300' Snyder is hell-bent on shooting his movies in permanent slow motion.

Horrible.
I heard Alan Moore doesn't care about that movie.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Alan Moore doesn't care about any film adaptations of his work.
darkdarkasian
imanewbie

Post by darkdarkasian »

Nor does he get any money 8)

The best movie off of Moore's comic is V for Vendetta.
Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

Dark Knight was great, plot wise mostly, because of a couple of flaws, I think it could have been better. Fighting wise it was worse than the first with lots of unagile robotlike moves, but the action was more intense and amusing. [spoiler]The joker's plans are so full of flaws that you just cant stop being mad at the ridiculously bad performances of the ones he faces(batman just gets a 10 lvl reduction when he goes against him for some reason...). The new Rachel pretty much ruined anything related to the character... I think 2 face didnt make much of an impression in this movie, if your a fan of him you might be deceived by his performance. Long movie, but it was definitely worth it, incredible movie, must see it.[/spoiler]
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

I love how people say how awesome a movie is, but then have their entire assessment dwell singularly on everything they happened to dislike about it. As if for the sake of making oneself appear discerning. :?
Let's put a smile on that face...............