Berserk Tattoos

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Re: Berserk Tattoos

Postby Fuji Nagase » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:06 am

naw man, i am def. getting it on my neak. seems to me that getting it ont he neak symbolizes berserk as a whole because guts is the main character, but getting caska's is like saying "look" im JUST like caska! see???" gives me that attention whore vibe.. anyway, if in 2 years i still want it, then itll be a total of like 4-5 years of wanting it and then i think ill be able to go through with it. i just have to make sure i want to live with it forever, but seeing how berserk has changed my life forever, might as well. thinking of some Alita ink, but i dunno what of yet. an NO im not gonna get her mars face metal (or symbolic blood) no matter how badass.


and by the way, that tat really is fucking awesome. i think i might have a little blood added to mine too now, your artist did a great job. i was confused when i saw it at first.
User avatar
Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.
 
Posts: 915
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:30 am

Re: Berserk Tattoos

Postby FightClub » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:33 pm

Fuji Nagase wrote: i just have to make sure i want to live with it forever, but seeing how berserk has changed my life forever, might as well. thinking of some Alita ink, but i dunno what of yet.


Should like find somewhere to make a custom temporary tattoo, and see how that rolls with you, what kind of reaction you get out of it, and such. That way if in 2-3 instead of you realizing omfg, wtf is berzerks brand on my ass needs da' lazers for da removal, like the guy with the gigantic bleeding brand on his neck (i'm going to be the only sensible one here and go what the fuck were you thinking, I'm a fan not a fucking nut job) You can just wash it off with some soap. Cheaper in the long run too I'd imagine, whole tattoo's in the 200 dollar range, and removal at god knows what.
Rolos wrote:-He was born from a corpse? Has been killing (or assisting in the process) people ever since he was 5? Hahahaa...talk about having a shitty life. Its hilarious because he's not me.
User avatar
FightClub
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:44 pm
Location: The Hell Pits of Suk-Krath

Re: Berserk Tattoos

Postby Aetherfukz » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:12 pm

FightClub wrote:omfg, wtf is berzerks brand on my ass needs da' lazers for da removal


That statement made me go LOL.

FightClub wrote:(i'm going to be the only sensible one here and go what the fuck were you thinking, I'm a fan not a fucking nut job)


Althought that's worded rude, it rings true. That's why I opted to make mine without any blood. To non berserkoholics it just looks like some icon which could in theory represent everything. But tons of blood coming out of it would surely, in the eyes of non-otakus, put up the thought of something satanic or worse.

Although I've seen a brand on google images once that had just a very small drip of blood, just the hint of it, comming out of the lowest section, which still looked sensible.
Image
User avatar
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!
 
Posts: 1249
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:56 pm
Location: My own private hell...

Re: Berserk Tattoos

Postby xxdisastrousxx » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:37 pm

FightClub wrote:(i'm going to be the only sensible one here and go what the fuck were you thinking, I'm a fan not a fucking nut job)



heh. Well personally, I wanted a brand tattoo that was unlike everyone else. Obviously there are tons of people that just get the brand in black or sometimes red. Thats cool and its great that they can represent their love of the series like that. As much into art as I am, I wanted something a bit more complex. Thats why I wanted a realistic looking brand which was scabbed up from constantly reopening and at the bottom still open and bleeding. I have long hair myself so my neck is pretty much always covered. As far as it coming up as something satanic or otherwise, if someone assumes that and doesnt ask then thats their own fault in my opinion. Theyd probably get the same exact assumption from other tattoos I have (like the one on my arm with the pantera cowboys from hell logo in the middle of a pentagram in flames). And as far as any tattoo I have, none will ever be removed. I dont believe in getting a tattoo only to get it removed or covered up later on. If you're going to get one you need to take it under serious consideration and be sure you're happy with it before you get it. As for the brand, I love it and its never going anywhere.
User avatar
xxdisastrousxx
imanewbie
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:39 pm
Location: Jacksonville, NC

Re: Berserk Tattoos

Postby Aetherfukz » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:41 pm

Don't mind FightClub too much, he's a monkey. :D

Anyway yeah, people are very often ignorant when it comes to symbols. Most still believe any pentagramm means OMFG SATAN! while the complete opposite is true.
Image
User avatar
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!
 
Posts: 1249
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:56 pm
Location: My own private hell...

Re: Berserk Tattoos

Postby marpo » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:15 pm

They recently came out with a type of ink that can be dissolved by laser treatment in a simple procedure, I had the choice to have this ink applied. I declined the offer for the traditional ink, I want to have it forever =]
User avatar
marpo
imanewbie
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:26 pm

Re: Berserk Tattoos

Postby xxdisastrousxx » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:44 pm

oh, I don't mind at all :) Just felt the need to explain what i was thinking heh. As for symbolism, yeah its really become quite stupid at this point. But, as far as I'm concerned, I'm just fine letting anyone think what they want unless they actually ask about it or do some research.
User avatar
xxdisastrousxx
imanewbie
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:39 pm
Location: Jacksonville, NC

Re: Berserk Tattoos

Postby FightClub » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:41 pm

marpo wrote:They recently came out with a type of ink that can be dissolved by laser treatment in a simple procedure, I had the choice to have this ink applied. I declined the offer for the traditional ink, I want to have it forever =]


You should give me your girlfriends number, I'd like to do some reenactments.
Rolos wrote:-He was born from a corpse? Has been killing (or assisting in the process) people ever since he was 5? Hahahaa...talk about having a shitty life. Its hilarious because he's not me.
User avatar
FightClub
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:44 pm
Location: The Hell Pits of Suk-Krath

Re: Berserk Tattoos

Postby marpo » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:24 pm

FightClub wrote:
marpo wrote:They recently came out with a type of ink that can be dissolved by laser treatment in a simple procedure, I had the choice to have this ink applied. I declined the offer for the traditional ink, I want to have it forever =]


You should give me your girlfriends number, I'd like to do some reenactments.


=]

thx for the compliment!
User avatar
marpo
imanewbie
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:26 pm

Re: Berserk Tattoos

Postby captain_bowlton » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:16 am

hey guys, first post on this forum though i've lurked for a long time and have been reading berserk since about the time of volume 26. anyways, this isn't me but a friend of mine's younger brother.

Image

since he's gotten that (2+ years ago) he had the crying behelit added to the right of the tattoo, almost on the back of his arm. it looks pretty fucking sick.
User avatar
captain_bowlton
imanewbie
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:57 am
Location: Glo/York/Wmbg Va

Re: Berserk Tattoos

Postby marpo » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:34 am

captain_bowlton wrote:hey guys, first post on this forum though i've lurked for a long time and have been reading berserk since about the time of volume 26. anyways, this isn't me but a friend of mine's younger brother.

Image

since he's gotten that (2+ years ago) he had the crying behelit added to the right of the tattoo, almost on the back of his arm. it looks pretty fucking sick.


FUCKING AMAZING!!!! God I love this thread, welcome and thanks for sharing that man.
User avatar
marpo
imanewbie
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:26 pm

Re: Berserk Tattoos

Postby Aetherfukz » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:15 am

captain_bowlton wrote:hey guys, first post on this forum though i've lurked for a long time and have been reading berserk since about the time of volume 26. anyways, this isn't me but a friend of mine's younger brother.

Image

since he's gotten that (2+ years ago) he had the crying behelit added to the right of the tattoo, almost on the back of his arm. it looks pretty fucking sick.


Although that's a really nice tattoo, I personally don't like anything with skulls in it.
Image
User avatar
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!
 
Posts: 1249
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:56 pm
Location: My own private hell...

Re: Berserk Tattoos

Postby FightClub » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:15 am

I actually dig that one.
Rolos wrote:-He was born from a corpse? Has been killing (or assisting in the process) people ever since he was 5? Hahahaa...talk about having a shitty life. Its hilarious because he's not me.
User avatar
FightClub
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:44 pm
Location: The Hell Pits of Suk-Krath

Re: Berserk Tattoos

Postby Starnum » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:14 pm

Yes, very nice.
Image
User avatar
Starnum
Elven King
 
Posts: 8109
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:38 am
Location: Hynneth Kore

Re: Berserk Tattoos

Postby hbi2k » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:21 pm

marpo wrote:
FightClub wrote:You should give me your girlfriends number, I'd like to do some reenactments.


=]

thx for the compliment!


Wow, marpo, you took that better than I would have. Seriously FightClub, don't make jokes about a man's girlfriend, that's not cool. No matter how sultry she looks with her come-hither gaze and her brand necklace draped elegantly around her... wait, what was I talking about?
Berserk: The Abridged Series: Beating a dead horse with another dead horse.
User avatar
hbi2k
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 2:54 am

Re: Berserk Tattoos

Postby Aetherfukz » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:52 pm

hbi2k wrote:... wait, what was I talking about?


Booty?!
Image
User avatar
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!
 
Posts: 1249
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:56 pm
Location: My own private hell...

Re: Berserk Tattoos

Postby marpo » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:51 pm

hbi2k wrote:
marpo wrote:
FightClub wrote:You should give me your girlfriends number, I'd like to do some reenactments.


=]

thx for the compliment!


Wow, marpo, you took that better than I would have. Seriously FightClub, don't make jokes about a man's girlfriend, that's not cool. No matter how sultry she looks with her come-hither gaze and her brand necklace draped elegantly around her... wait, what was I talking about?


haha, on the internets this type of stuff is okay, but if a random dude came up and said these type of things in person there could be problems =]
User avatar
marpo
imanewbie
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:26 pm

Re: Berserk Tattoos

Postby Fuji Nagase » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:50 pm

i dig the tatttoo, but most people here know my deal with behlits...its awesome as long as its far from me. still nice artist you had there, brother of a friend of a poster. thanks for the pic!
User avatar
Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.
 
Posts: 915
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:30 am

Re: Berserk Tattoos

Postby evr » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:18 pm

Picture taken straight after the tattoo was done.
Image
I approve of public nudity.
User avatar
evr
imanewbie
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:02 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Berserk Tattoos

Postby psi29a » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:50 pm

rock on... great thread, i approve. :D
User avatar
psi29a
Godo
 
Posts: 5266
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:52 am
Location: The Lonely Mountain

Re: Berserk Tattoos

Postby The Herald » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:52 am

The brands are pretty cool, but the skull one is awesome! I saw that embroidered on the back of a jean jacket and I would have bought it but it was like 150 $. Berserk fanatic yes, but sad to say I live on a budget.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
The Herald
Tastes like burning!
 
Posts: 1119
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:24 am
Location: Cana-duh

Re: Berserk Tattoos

Postby madonnalal » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:40 am

Oh wow, you people are awesome. I'd never work up the courage to get a tattoo, but if I did, the Berserk brand would be my first choice.
User avatar
madonnalal
notanewb
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:24 am
Location: Where you least expect

Re: Berserk Tattoos

Postby evr » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:42 pm

madonnalal wrote:Oh wow, you people are awesome. I'd never work up the courage to get a tattoo, but if I did, the Berserk brand would be my first choice.


Not really that much courage involved. Once you're determined to get one it's not that big a deal. Sure, it hurts, but being stung by a bee is worse, imo. :shock:
I approve of public nudity.
User avatar
evr
imanewbie
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:02 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Berserk Tattoos

Postby dialdfordesi » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:27 pm

It's not just the pain, though. Some people don't like the whole idea of getting a tattoo.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
User avatar
dialdfordesi
n00b eater
 
Posts: 862
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:52 pm
Location: Bumblefuck, Midwest.

Re: Berserk Tattoos

Postby Starnum » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:43 pm

evr wrote:Sure, it hurts, but being stung by a bee is worse, imo. :shock:


I agree.
Image
User avatar
Starnum
Elven King
 
Posts: 8109
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:38 am
Location: Hynneth Kore

PreviousNext

Return to Berserk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron