guts greatest asset or will be?

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Yes, but I don't think Qliphoth has the same properties as, say, the vortex from the Eclipse. From what I remember, Qliphoth is just a place in the physical realm with stronger Od influence or something like that, like inbetween both worlds. I'm not really sure though, can anyone confirm this?
NINJ4
Mastered PM

Post by NINJ4 »

I can't confirm it, but I am pretty sure that is not the case Fem. Skullknight.org (or was it .net?) said it was completely another layer that over laps a bit with this plain, and another deeper plane.

As for Starnum's comment, i didn't see the "as of yet" statement either, but at the same time I didn't mean to imply that Guts is capable of doing that now. I just meant that he is well on his way, and very capable of reaching that state of power.
RUDNICKI'S NOBEL PRINCIPLE
"Only someone who understands something absolutely can explain it so no one else can understand it."
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Femto wrote:Yes, but I don't think Qliphoth has the same properties as, say, the vortex from the Eclipse. From what I remember, Qliphoth is just a place in the physical realm with stronger Od influence or something like that, like inbetween both worlds. I'm not really sure though, can anyone confirm this?
Qliphoth is a dark domain in the spirit realm where the darkness gathers beings with dark-filled hearts.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

So it is in the spirite realm and therefore she would have full power. I don't think she is as powerful as Femto\Griffith though.

On another note, i belive the whole being reborn thing gives griffith all the powers he had as Femto to him in the real world, so I believe it would still be hard for Guts to attack him in the physical world.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Arresty wrote:So it is in the spirite realm and therefore she would have full power. I don't think she is as powerful as Femto\Griffith though.
She did have to control the ogres to attack SK...so she coulda lost concentration. She was playing around with him anyway, so I don't think she really cared if the blow landed or not. And plus, after Guts fired his cannon on her, she 'wanted more'.

Griffith is still a formirable opponent in the physical world, but he doesn't have the power in the physical world that allows him to exercise his god like powers. But he did beat Zodd before...and Guts needs to get past Zodd first to get to Griffith...

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Zodd isnt impossiable anymore for Guts and speciely with the armour Zodd is beatable.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I guess I was wrong then. Maybe it didn't affect him as much because it wasn't THE actual Slan, but Slan manifesting herself using troll intestines. In other words, she might have been a lot weaker than the real thing.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

I think Zodd is beatable without the armor as long as Guts is full healed and in top shape, unlike now. He is definately stronger now than he was when he last fought Zodd on the hill of swords, and that fight had no winner. Though Zodd in his demon form woudl be different, but I think he may still have a chance without the armor. With the armor, I think he is better than any of the apostles, but not ready to take them on one right after the other, though he may ba able to do it. A god hand member, though I would say is still out of his reach, even with armor and being in top shape.

Femto: She very likely could not have been full strength. But it did have a toll on his spirit self as we saw afterwards. There is no way he coudl fight all five members right now, even with the help of Schierke and the rest of the group.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Arresty wrote:I think Zodd is beatable without the armor as long as Guts is full healed and in top shape, unlike now. He is definately stronger now than he was when he last fought Zodd on the hill of swords, and that fight had no winner. Though Zodd in his demon form woudl be different, but I think he may still have a chance without the armor. With the armor, I think he is better than any of the apostles, but not ready to take them on one right after the other, though he may ba able to do it. A god hand member, though I would say is still out of his reach, even with armor and being in top shape.

Femto: She very likely could not have been full strength. But it did have a toll on his spirit self as we saw afterwards. There is no way he coudl fight all five members right now, even with the help of Schierke and the rest of the group.
Zodd and Guts were evenly matched in the Hill of Swords. I agree with Arresty about his demon form. I think Zodd and Brunheld are equal in power in demon form.

My theory is, it takes a lot of power getting to and from the spirit to physical world. And because there are limitations to the body you inhabit, the God Hands cannot bring out their full strength.

Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

I think Griffith may be different, since there was a sacrifice and everything in order to bring him back to the physical world. I think he was reborn in his own body with full powers. I could be wrong though.

And I woudl probably say Zodd and Brunheld are the two strongest apostles that follow Griffith. I woudl probably say that the Kushan emperor is probably more powerful than either of them, but not even close to the power of Griffith.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Um ok lets see. I dont think Gutts is even close to zodds level in demon form . I mean come on Zodd in his demon form puts up a good fight with oll Skully. And I believe that the umm... Lance aposlte is the strongest besides Zodd. And Grundbeld isnt near Zodds level either since Gutts defeated him and gutts isnt even on his level. Oh you want an analogy you say, well here you go.

if zodd equals a level 80 Blizzard sorcerer then Gutts equals a level 60 W.Wind barbarian. Either way Gutts loses. However if you put up Skull Knight who equals probably a level 96 Zon then the good guys win. But then if you got a level griifith which equals a leve 99 necromancer then you got a problem. However sense you got the zon and the barb versus 2 guys with good powers and low defense you have a chance to win if you can avoid being hit to get some good hits on him. And BO will help with both. Plus the zons got range. So basiclly its how you play it out.l
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

With the bererker armor I would say Guts could take out Zodd, or be close to him atleast. But in nomral form he has no chance. Though I realize I said that earlier. Think I was not thinking strait. But I believe with the armor and in top shape he can handle any of the apostles in Demon form. It may be close but I think he could atleast stay on par with them, and use some of his battle wits to figure out a clever way to kill them, though I don't think he thinks in the beserker mode. I think he just attacks relentlessly.

I just realized this is a Caktus thread. But I guess anyone can start a good thread if you start enough.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Well yea I think he could stay on par with him for a little while in the Berserk Armor. But thats only cause he cant feel pain in it. So he wouldnt no that he would be dying. So I htink that eventually he would die. Or become like skullknight.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Well his speed is crazy when he has on the berserker armor. I think he might really be able to go at Zodd fast enough that Zodd woudl start off on the defensive. It may change, but starting on the defensive is never good. But in the end I am not sure who it would come down too. Zodd heals unlike Guts so that would probably be his advantage on Guts.
|||||||
Mastered PM

Post by ||||||| »

Guts probably doesn't want to be too close to zodd. and even zodd was not even a pebble on the road for reborn griffith. but I think zodd is the neohawks new guts since he is the one protecting griffith and therefore the strongest apostle. it would be strange for the "new" apostles to surpass this veteran.
Since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved.

Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Im looking forward to the next Zodd vs Guts just to see how the fight go.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Yeah I think Zodd definately is the strongest Apostle, but "enter the fucking Dragon" is pretty bad ass. :lol:
"Context is for Kings"
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

I wouldn't mind seeing SK fight Void, that could be cool. But another Zodd Guts fight would be just as appetizing.
NINJ4
Mastered PM

Post by NINJ4 »

Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

WTF?
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Ninja: Nice, but you need to move it to the Omake thread please.
NINJ4
Mastered PM

Post by NINJ4 »

but it would be totaly out of context in the omake thread - and Buz's reaction was just so great!
RUDNICKI'S NOBEL PRINCIPLE
"Only someone who understands something absolutely can explain it so no one else can understand it."
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Dude. I can't see it. Did you move it already?
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Really, I can see it perfectly and its still fucked up. :?
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Yeah it works now. I am an idiot. Somehow or another I clicked to block images from that site, or it was already configured.. *Beats his head on desk*