guts greatest asset or will be?

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Luck-
Mastered PM

Post by Luck- »

Hi cougarman. Hope you stick around
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I don’t think it’s his swing so much. He’s got complete control over that. It’s not like he’s going to accidentally cut one of his companions in half. It’s the fact that he has to keep an eye on them to make sure they’re not being attacked. It limits his versatility.

I think Gatts does want to have Casca healed, if it’s possible. If not, he probably plans to leave her in Elfheim until he can take Griffith down. He has indeed chosen Casca over his revenge. However, like Libaax said, they’ll never be able to live normal lives if he doesn’t kill Griffith.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Yeah I know he has complete control over his swing but people being near him limits the directions he can swing. The size of the sword makes it where basically anyone within about 7 feet is something he needs to avoid. So if someone is near him he needs ot keep an eye on where there going to be so his sword is not there. I mean he has perfect control, but to everything there is a limit, he coudl not cut an troll in half and then stop instantly if someone was standing next to the troll. There are limits to what you can do with a sword of that size no matter how strong or skilled you are. You can't sing at someone 3 feet away if in the same direction there is someone 4 feet away that is an ally. Just means he needs to watch out more I guess.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Well...recall in earlier chapters that Guts was chopping up the 'burning children', and Jill was about to be sliced in half by Guts. He stopped it just in time then, so I think he's beyond the limits. Guts is a thinker as well, and by now I'm sure his party knows his fighting style and are wise enough to not be near him to close in a battle.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well, yes, he does need to be a bit more careful. However, normally he doesn’t stand within range of them. Also, he can stop on a dime. He can cut through a monster, and then stop immediately after that, if say a companion is on the other side. I’ve seen him do it. Remember when he cut that horses head off, when it was trying to rape Farnese. He stopped mere inches from her throat, because he’s badass like that. I get what you’re saying though. ;)
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Well with the exception of Casca, but she is scared of him so thats not a problem either. Yeah and he did stop it there. But still limiting in ways. When he takes on all the trolls by himself after rescuing Casca and Farnese he does say "It's been awhile, this sensation, swiming my sowrd wiht abandon, restricted by nothing, not worrying about who is behind you. The savagery within me released." So even there he is mentioning that he is restricted by protecting Casca. Though she is not right on his back anymore, so he not as restricted as he was when travelling alone with her. But he is generally much more free in combat now than he was then. So it is much more like that. So I guess now he just mainly needs to keep an eye to see if they are out of danger from other beasts.

Guess you can mostly ignore this post now. Read Starnum's after.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yes, indeed. Point made, let's move on.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

The bombs that he got from Rickert save his life many times from battle. Also recieving the cannon for his arm. Those are his treasures/assets.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

You know what I haven't seen in a while that I always liked. The repeater crossbow. That thing was nice. Useful at the beginning of combat. But not a great asset.
NINJ4
Mastered PM

Post by NINJ4 »

Someone previously mention in this thread about splitting a behit - maybe the Dragon Slayer will change like SK's sword did... but then again I hope not. Anyways, his greatest asset is his determination/will. The guy just gets back up no matter the opposition and how many times he was beat to the ground.
RUDNICKI'S NOBEL PRINCIPLE
"Only someone who understands something absolutely can explain it so no one else can understand it."
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, his determination is indeed a great asset he has. As for Gatts’ sword changing like SK’s, I don’t really see that happening. SK had eaten a bunch of behelits and caused some kind of magical fusion inside him to cause that change. Gatts only has one behelit. Then again, who knows?
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

It wont happen, nobody can fit the dragon slayer in their mouth.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Yep, I remember Morgus trying to do that and DIED. :wink:

Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Guts' greatest asset?

t3h Dragonslayer, of course.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

I am going with NINJ4 on this one. I believe it will be his will and determination. His drive to succeed is very strong. I think possibly stronger than Griffith's. Cause even griffith second guessed his dream on a few occasions, especially when he was down, but Guts does not second guess his at all. He looses an arm and an eye and soon as he can get back up he is going after his dream again.
NINJ4
Mastered PM

Post by NINJ4 »

YEP - even if he were somehow to lose the DragonSlayer, it wouldn't stop him from splitting Femto's body in two with his bare hands by a process that involves gripping the upper and lower part of Femto's mouth and the motion of bringing the hands far apart as possible.
RUDNICKI'S NOBEL PRINCIPLE
"Only someone who understands something absolutely can explain it so no one else can understand it."
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

Correction; hand. Singular.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

NINJ4 wrote:YEP - even if he were somehow to lose the DragonSlayer, it wouldn't stop him from splitting Femto's body in two with his bare hands by a process that involves gripping the upper and lower part of Femto's mouth and the motion of bringing the hands far apart as possible.

I like that more Guts killing Griffith with the dragon slayer,rip the bastard apart with his bare hands :D
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

NINJ4 wrote:YEP - even if he were somehow to lose the DragonSlayer, it wouldn't stop him from splitting Femto's body in two with his bare hands by a process that involves gripping the upper and lower part of Femto's mouth and the motion of bringing the hands far apart as possible.
Not likely. Not as of yet anyway. So far Gatts hasn't even managed to lay a finger on Femto. I mean, he can barely even approach the guy. Man, that puts you down by two Ninj4. You're going to have to step it up.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Well eventually Guts will have to get stronger enough to tuch Femto without bleeding to death.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yes eventually. That's why I said "as of yet".
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Obs didnt see that... thats my fault for reading this topic this late when im 90% at sleep:P
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

I think he could approach him now without to much of a problem. He was able to stab Slan. I think that is a step in the right direction. I don't think he has a chance in hell of killing Femto though. Atleast not yet, even wiht the berserker armor. I believe Miura is still to introduce us to more that will help Guts on his way to victory.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Well, I think that the reason why he was able to impale Slan was because she was in the physical world. I think I read somewhere that the Godhand's powers are decreased when in the physical world. That may be how he will approach Griffith/Femto without a problem now that both are in the same realm.

Killing him is another matter entirely, though...
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Were they not in Quiloth(sp?) when he impaled her, which is in the spirit world?