Guitar Hero III

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Femto
Devourer of Children

Guitar Hero III

Post by Femto »

I'm off to get this motherfucker right now.

I must be out of my mind.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Re: Guitar Hero III

Post by Femto »

This game is fucking ridiculous.

As in really, really hard.

Thank you for your time.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Dragon Force.

ps, if you play dont play on hard or extreme you arent getting the full experience of the game.
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

Don't play on hard or extreme?
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I'm actually playing on Medium right now.

Trying to get the 5 stars on every song before I move up to hard.

The orange fret button scares me.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Femto wrote:The orange fret button scares me.
As it should. Kiss your knuckle joints goodbye because I'm pretty sure the later Hard modes (And I don't even want to think about Extreme) of GH2 were designed with the clear intention of giving people early on-set arthritis. I can only imagine how GH3 would be.
ImageImage
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Tempest wrote:
Femto wrote:The orange fret button scares me.
As it should. Kiss your knuckle joints goodbye because I'm pretty sure the later Hard modes (And I don't even want to think about Extreme) of GH2 were designed with the clear intention of giving people early on-set arthritis. I can only imagine how GH3 would be.

so then playing a real instrument would give you Major arthritis?? You're logic baffles me...

Oh and how to do the intro, hammer offs gentlemen, learn them well.

[youtube]5wZSxXaCBcg[/youtube]
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

That video is hilarious.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

halfnhalf wrote: so then playing a real instrument would give you Major arthritis?? You're logic baffles me...
Wait, what? How in God's did you come to that conclusion from my previous statement? Here, I'll make it easier for you to understand:

The game is hard. The strain of pressing 5 buttons with 4 fingers hurts if done over a long period of time. End comment.
ImageImage
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Waffles baffle me.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Buzkashi wrote:Waffles baffle me.
You'd probably suck at Guitar Hero.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Tempest wrote: The game is hard. The strain of pressing 5 buttons with 4 fingers hurts if done over a long period of time. End comment.

... so 5 buttons with four fingers on a fake guitar... 4 fingers on a real guitar where as the finger board is over 12 inches long, contains 6 strings, in which can produce 264 individual notes, which each note can be played on top of each other, thus creating cords, rifts, and then if you get in tapping.. oh man even more notes to even press, oh man Hendix died of hurting fingers not by over dosing.

264>5

BUT

guitar hero is fun (i played the guitar like when i was 8.. stopped and played the violin since, ie 12 years, its fun to play, violin and guitar hero).

BTW, why are they called waffles, when they are pancake batter mix? the box clearly says "pancake mix."
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

halfnhalf wrote:
Tempest wrote: T

BTW, why are they called waffles, when they are pancake batter mix? the box clearly says "pancake mix."
Exactly.

Femto: I'm actually not bad. To be honest I'm pretty gosh darn swell at any game I play. MAAADAAA FUUUUUCKAAAAH
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I'll murderrape you in every Street Fighter game ever made.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

halfnhalf wrote: ... so 5 buttons with four fingers on a fake guitar... 4 fingers on a real guitar where as the finger board is over 12 inches long, contains 6 strings, in which can produce 264 individual notes, which each note can be played on top of each other, thus creating cords, rifts, and then if you get in tapping.. oh man even more notes to even press, oh man Hendix died of hurting fingers not by over dosing.
:stupid:

I never said once that playing a real guitar isn't hard or painful at times, so get the fuck off of my balls. I made a comment that the game can be difficult and strain on your hands can get a bit much, I'm sorry that I didn't mention that real guitar is sooooooooo much harder and anyone who is decent at it should be praised by the "pretenders" on the video games. Fighting games sometime make my thumbs get tired, but that's nothing compared to real fighters getting hit with those hadoukens and uppercuts. DDR is exhausting, but it's nothing compared to competitive dancing or break dancing. Those boxing simulators in arcades are pretty strenuous but God help me if I get into a ring with a real boxer. Halo can get frustrating at times, but I bet it's not as frustrating as getting pistol whipped to death in real life. Happy now? You sound like an uppity guitarist who can't stand other people getting instant gratification from a video game while you have to spend days/weeks practicing chords and scales. Trust me, I've been playing music for quite a while now and I know it's hard and it takes years of work, unlike Guitar Hero which only takes a few hours. So get your head out of your ass and realize it's just a game.

BTW, typing this post is starting to cramp up my hands, but I can only imaging if I had to write out all this in reality with a pen and paper. Whoa, those guys who lived in the days before keypads were insane. :roll: Now if you'll excuse me I need to go watch my drummer explode after I finish "Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You Tonight"
ImageImage
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Femto wrote:I'll murderrape you in every Street Fighter game ever made.

Naaaah. You may win. But dont think it wont be close just because I've never joined in on your fighter discussions. To be honest tho the only fighters I ever really messed around with was Capcom vs SNK , SF2, and third strike.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Tempest wrote:
halfnhalf wrote: ... so 5 buttons with four fingers on a fake guitar... 4 fingers on a real guitar where as the finger board is over 12 inches long, contains 6 strings, in which can produce 264 individual notes, which each note can be played on top of each other, thus creating cords, rifts, and then if you get in tapping.. oh man even more notes to even press, oh man Hendix died of hurting fingers not by over dosing.
:stupid:

I never said once that playing a real guitar isn't hard or painful at times, so get the fuck off of my balls. I made a comment that the game can be difficult and strain on your hands can get a bit much, I'm sorry that I didn't mention that real guitar is sooooooooo much harder and anyone who is decent at it should be praised by the "pretenders" on the video games. Fighting games sometime make my thumbs get tired, but that's nothing compared to real fighters getting hit with those hadoukens and uppercuts. DDR is exhausting, but it's nothing compared to competitive dancing or break dancing. Those boxing simulators in arcades are pretty strenuous but God help me if I get into a ring with a real boxer. Halo can get frustrating at times, but I bet it's not as frustrating as getting pistol whipped to death in real life. Happy now? You sound like an uppity guitarist who can't stand other people getting instant gratification from a video game while you have to spend days/weeks practicing chords and scales. Trust me, I've been playing music for quite a while now and I know it's hard and it takes years of work, unlike Guitar Hero which only takes a few hours. So get your head out of your ass and realize it's just a game.

BTW, typing this post is starting to cramp up my hands, but I can only imaging if I had to write out all this in reality with a pen and paper. Whoa, those guys who lived in the days before keypads were insane. :roll: Now if you'll excuse me I need to go watch my drummer explode after I finish "Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You Tonight"
Wow.

We're going to need an excavator to get all that sand out of your vagina.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Femto wrote: We're going to need an excavator to get all that sand out of your vagina.
I'd prefer a power washer.
ImageImage
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

how about a douche?
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

halfnhalf wrote:how about a douche?
Eldo's a bit busy right now, but I'm sure I'll manage somehow (I knew I'd get a chance to use that card again someday, I just knew it).

Finally got to play GH3 on the Wii the other day. There are some fantastic songs to select from, although from what I saw, the graphics did not look as good as GH2 on the PS2 (At least as far as the main characters were concerned), but then again I didn't have much time to look while I was fighting for my virtual life while tackling "Through The Fire And The Flames." My sympathies to Herman Li :roll:
ImageImage
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

herman li=asian guy with a british accent!?
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

gdlk.

but isnt this where we insert south park's take on playing the hardest song?
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

halfnhalf wrote:gdlk.
What the fuck does that even mean?

Jesus Christ.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Good luck maybe?

Anyway that video gives me cramps in my hands by even just watching it. And that handle to strike the strings makes an aweful plastic sound.