Street Fighter IV!!!!

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Re: Street Fighter IV!!!!

Post by halfnhalf »

word is that the console version of sf4 is coming out when the movie comes out (you know that one with Kristen Kurieck as Chun Li) which is suppose to be around March of 2009.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

They're making another live-action Street Fighter movie? Yeah, we all seen how that went last time. >.>
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I played it last week or so, and I found it enjoyable. The attacks do an enormous amount of damage though, and the revenge attacks are goddamned haxed (at least with Blanka, anyway). This game resembles SF2 more than SF3, if anyone wants to know. Anyway, it's a really enjoyable game. I do see some problems with it, and I hope that the console version would fix this up.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, they got the time to put some finishing touches on the console version. Let's hope they utilize that time well.
The Fallen
notanewb

Post by The Fallen »

havent posted in a long while but I figured I'd put my 2 cents in on new SF. I got to play it a little bit in the arcade when it first came out in Tokyo. Visually the game was stunning, i thought the details they put into the facial expressions etc were a nice touch. I think this also helps bring a pretty stagnant genre into the nex-gen while still keeping the classic 2-d feel.

As i think has been said before, the gameplay is more like that of a SF2 than 3 or an alpha. I wasnt super impressed with the arcade cast (I'm a sakura, akuma, makoto, alex kinda guy) but I was relieved to see they would be adding in more on the consoles. The new cast members felt (and looked) more like SNK characters to me, but i gotta admit that C-Viper was pretty awesome.

As far as balance, i cant in good faith make a judgement. I spent most of my time getting my ass torn apart by an unstoppable zangief player, the whole time I was there I saw one person get one match on him and half the time he was smoking or talking on his cellphone while he was playing. And from what others have said blanka is also quite powerful. Overall I think the people who like playing chargers are gonna have a good time with this one.

All told I am extremely excited to buy this game for console, For hardcore 3 fans i doubt its gonna all out replace it, but I dont think anyone is gonna be able to deny that this game is FUN!
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

little over 1 month!!!! oh man i cant wait for this game. been playing as much street fighter as i can lately.
Dio
King of Alcohol

Post by Dio »

So who is ready to get their ass kicked by me in SF4? :)
ImageImage
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I don't know about getting my ass kicked, but have no fears, when I get this game, it will be on! Can't wait to play against you guys on this game.
Dio
King of Alcohol

Post by Dio »

I reserved my CE today and so cannot wait.
ImageImage
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

CE? Yeah, I should go get a reservation too. Not a bad idea. >.>
Dio
King of Alcohol

Post by Dio »

With the reservation you get a SF4 Ryu headband hahaha. But the CE also comes with a Ryu figure, the new anime on BD and a few other things
ImageImage
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Wow, for reals? Nice to know.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

pre-ordered the fightstick, so gentlemen...

who wants their first 0-1 record?
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I'm going to kick all your asses.

Of course, most of your assholes are getting it for the PS3 I'm assuming.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Femto wrote:I'm going to kick all your asses.

I actually might purchase an Xbox 360 just for this. But I think the lag will be so horrendous that it will take 10 seconds for block to respond.

But miyagi and I play a bit of SFIII and Alpha 3 on GGPO every now and then (when he and myself can spare the time, we're both quite busy).

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Eldo wrote:

I actually might purchase an Xbox 360 just for this. But I think the lag will be so horrendous that it will take 10 seconds for block to respond.

But miyagi and I play a bit of SFIII and Alpha 3 on GGPO every now and then (when he and myself can spare the time, we're both quite busy).
SFIII with a keyboard and online? I should give GGPO a try.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

You should be thankful. We're sparing you the shame of defeat. XD

Honestly though, I'm curious to see who will come out as topdog on the block when this game comes out. I'm pretty damn good at SF but I'm just hoping I don't turn out to be too much of a scrub. Of course there are always going to be those unbeatable leet guys out there, but when this game comes out, we're really gonna find out what everyone's SF skills are all about. 8)
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Got my CE edition at GameCrazy. I go out of my way not to shop at gaystop.... erm gamestop. Also GameCrazy is getting a better pre-order bonus. They are getting a special anniversary street fighter coin and I'm all about the collectible crap. Also reserved Bionic Commando to get my lunch box.

Oh yeah, I'm also getting faster internet next week so I shouldn't have any lag, as my ps3 is hooked up wireless I need all the bandwidth I can get.
Dio
King of Alcohol

Post by Dio »

Starnum wrote:

You should be thankful. We're sparing you the shame of defeat. XD

Honestly though, I'm curious to see who will come out as topdog on the block when this game comes out. I'm pretty damn good at SF but I'm just hoping I don't turn out to be too much of a scrub. Of course there are always going to be those unbeatable leet guys out there, but when this game comes out, we're really gonna find out what everyone's SF skills are all about. 8)
We shall definately see. Im still waiting on Capcom to release the trophy patch for HD remix and Bionic Commando Rearmed. when the trophy patch for HD remix comes out I will definately be playing it more and whoppin that ass
lon3vvolf wrote:Got my CE edition at GameCrazy. I go out of my way not to shop at gaystop.... erm gamestop. Also GameCrazy is getting a better pre-order bonus. They are getting a special anniversary street fighter coin and I'm all about the collectible crap. Also reserved Bionic Commando to get my lunch box.

Oh yeah, I'm also getting faster internet next week so I shouldn't have any lag, as my ps3 is hooked up wireless I need all the bandwidth I can get.
Gamecrazy is already taken reservations for Bionic Commando? Goddamn
ImageImage
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

I got a chance to play SFIV (Apparently although today is the release my Gamestop got them in early and they didn't have an actual street date, so my friends who work there just got their copies then and there) yesterday.

Color me unimpressed. I knew going into this that I wasn't going to be the biggest fan of IV because of the "Return to SFII roots", but I was really hoping for more out of this. I originall wrote the game off as SFII-in-3D when I first heard about it, but after seeing some news and arcade play and seeing the focus system I was optimistic, now I've kinda come back full circle to the SFII-in-3D mindset. I hate the cast, the jumps seem really lofty, and the game overall just feels slow. That being said, I'm going to keep playing because this was just my first impression, and I could be wrong. Plus my friend hadn't unlocked anyone, so I have no idea how all those folks play like.

I liked the addition of EX, I think it brings in a level freshness that makes the original 8 warriors movelists seem a bit more varied and give people a chance to experiment and custom tailor some tactics. The Focus attacks seemed to be not really as effective as they looked in the tests or demos, though. Since most of them are really close range moves, the fact that it absorbs one hit sounds good, until you realize you are a Shoryuken (From Ken) or a Tiger Uppercut away from getting hosed. They do provide a pretty good psyche out tactic for more experienced players, plus the level 2 Focus are a reliable way to combo into an Ultra Combo for every character, after they stun your opponent. More play needed before rendering my final judgment on the focus system.

The only new character I found enjoyable to play as was Abel. Nice composite throw character, kinda reminded me of Alex from Third Strike, some interesting moves, a nice command throw, and a spinning heel kick that would put Terry Bogard to shame. My only real problem with him is that his anti-air move is a ground throw, so I have to find a normal that does Anti-Air effectively, or learn to be a ninja while timing that throw (The light kick verion of the heel kick could work if timed properly). C.Viper seemed interesting, but Ayanami was playing her with us for a number of rounds, and she has absolutely zero priority. Rufus's specials just confused me (which is fine, I didn't want to play as him anyway). El Fuerte could be great in the hands of someone who knows to utilizing spacing and fake-outs really well, but it was too much work to play him, and he moved so sporadically I could hardly tell what the hell I was doing.
ImageImage
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Hm, okay, well thanks for your initial impressions Tempest. I can tell you know your way around fighting games, but I've already known that for a while. Anyway, I'm still really looking forward to the game, if not at least for the chance to play online against my friends. I'm going to do my best to get a copy tomorrow, but we'll see how it goes.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Starnum wrote:Hm, okay, well thanks for your initial impressions Tempest. I can tell you know your way around fighting games, but I've already known that for a while. Anyway, I'm still really looking forward to the game, if not at least for the chance to play online against my friends. I'm going to do my best to get a copy tomorrow, but we'll see how it goes.
That is one really good thing about it, the networking code for the game is supposed to be amazing, so matches are much easier to play online (Apparently they based it off the already good code from SF2THDRemix, which was just about the only good thing that game going for it)
ImageImage
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Sweet, I got my shit, and I seen Half playing it as well. I haven't gotten to fight anyone online yet though. So where you guys at, let's do this! XD

I already jacked my thumb up playing earlier. I gotta get my fighting-game calluses back! The game seemed a little slow at first, but I don't think it really is all that slow. You just have to get used to it, and you'll find you can actually chain combos together pretty quickly. I'm still getting the hang of it and working out the kinks. I'm sure we all will be for a little while, so no worries, we're all probably gonna suck a little for while. Either way, I'm looking forward to getting my time in with this game and playing against some of you.
Dio
King of Alcohol

Post by Dio »

I got my Collectors Edition on the Tuesday (17th). I saw you playing last night Starnum but I was about to go to sleep. I will definately be on all day today waiting for challenges. As a matter of fact, Im playing right now XD

*grabs the baby powder* COME ON WIT IT!!!
ImageImage
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Fuck Zangief. That asshole is broken as hell. The only way I was able to beat him while playing last night was with some old fashioned Sagat spamming.

You're right Star, I got a little more used to the speed after some more experience, and learning some combos helped me get into the flow as well. I got to play as everyone else. Fei Long looks like he has some real potential in this game.

Thank God you can set individual voices for the characters. We've now got the Japanese people speaking Japanese, as well as anyone else who is just sounds horrible in English (Bison, for example).

I just found out that you can use the focus attack to "Parry" moves in this game. Just tap the two mediums together, as it hits, like you're doing a focus attack and then dash forward right after it. You flash blue a little and it charges your Ultra meter slightly. Nice you use against fire ball spammers, but the recovery time may be a bit too much to use it for more than that.
ImageImage