Street Fighter IV!!!!

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Re: Street Fighter IV!!!!

Post by halfnhalf »

i just want to play the best and get better and get those around me better.

after a few rounds of play smashing on starnum told him a few tricks, came back around and beat me... that was great.

only gonna get better.
Dio
King of Alcohol

Post by Dio »

Still need to play STarnum
ImageImage
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

To be honest, while this is a great game and I really enjoy playing it, I much prefer SoulCaliburs fighting system to this.
Dio
King of Alcohol

Post by Dio »

Aetherfukz wrote:To be honest, while this is a great game and I really enjoy playing it, I much prefer SoulCaliburs fighting system to this.

That is the first time I've ever heard that
ImageImage
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Dio wrote:
Aetherfukz wrote:To be honest, while this is a great game and I really enjoy playing it, I much prefer SoulCaliburs fighting system to this.

That is the first time I've ever heard that
Well, all the tactical movement that SoulCalibur had, StreetFighter lacks (to an extent). Especially Taki, how I loved her, and how I owned with her, always on the move, always attacking. With SF I pretty much have to either jump around or dashcancel, meh. Also the special moves were more intuitive in SC. Not that a Hadouken or Dragon Punch motion isn't intuitive, but I freaking hate the fighters that have moves like Guile and Chun Li where you have to charge a direction first. Makes gameplay with those characters so... slow...

Meh, I might be ranting, and I don't really have the time to practice my SF4 because THERE ARE A AWEFUL LOT OF GREAT GAMES coming out right now. Eternal Sonata is really sweet, RE5 around the corner, Dawn of War 2, Empire, WoW still has me, and so on :D
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

charge characters slow?

watch a real Balrog or M Bison player and tell me they are slow.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Charge character's are slow. Combos get better as it goes, pay close attention to combos at 2:10, 3:30 and 3:50:

I fought a sick Ryu today, the dude counters my move with a light shoryuken and catches me before hitting the ground with his super. All his moves were reactions to mine, it almost felt like fighting a CPU. Very intense.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

A lot of those combos are fancy, but very much unnecessary, especially the ones that continue with him hitting someone with a sonic boom on the wakeup. I can guarantee you no one with more than two brain cells is just going to get up an let you hit them with a projectile without doing something ( wakeup shoryuken or some other move, maybe just crouching) that will invalidate the combo after it. It WAS interesting to see his Ultra Combo tagged onto his Super, though. I thought only Ryu (and maybe Sagat) could do that.

Speaking of that, does anyone know how to link together Super's from charge specials (Specifically Bison's Knee Press into Knee Press Nightmare). I can't imagine there being enough time to charge AGAIN after the first move, so you should treat the first charge move as the opening motion for the Super and just finish the move (i.e. performing the knee press, then back, forward kick right after), right?
ImageImage
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Tempest wrote:A lot of those combos are fancy, but very much unnecessary, especially the ones that continue with him hitting someone with a sonic boom on the wakeup.
Actually, the combo starts on the wake up, but even then, it doesn't have to start that way, if you look at them, right after doing the first sonic boom he jumps and hits them with a normal kick in the air, so you can start those combos with just that. Subtract one hit from hist combo since he didn't do the first sonic boom and you still have a 15 hit combo without using a super or ultra combo and only 2 EX moves.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Tempest: You need to be somewhat close to the opponent. If you are using M Bison (Dictator) the button input is <-, ->+k, <-, ->k. Think SF3 super cancels, ie ryu's fireball into super. However its it very useless for M Bison to do a knee press into a super. He does much better dmg with his standing HK and such.

Balrog's dash punch into super is better, But Balrog is just godlike right now if you can charge the fucker. db, ub+p (head butt) can always become an ultra or super, soo awesome to connect.

btw all charge characters become a breeze on a stick, avoid trying to hurt your thumb on a pad.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Tempest wrote: It WAS interesting to see his Ultra Combo tagged onto his Super, though. I thought only Ryu (and maybe Sagat) could do that.
I don't really play Dhalsim, but a friend of mine does and it's really easy to do that with him. Well, the reverse of that actually, ultra to super. You can combo Yoga Catastrophe with nearly anything, it's pretty cool. :P

That video was pretty sick but clearly the other player wasn't really trying or something. Some of those Sonic Booms while moving forward were pretty nice though.
Dio
King of Alcohol

Post by Dio »

Supers going into Ultras are really easy to do. I do it all the time
ImageImage
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Several trial challenges have them. There's a cool trial with Dan where you have to do a couple of hits, a gadoken, a super taunt and finish with the ultra without losing the combo.

Also, I'm sick of playing ranked matches, everyone with a high BP is a shoto. I fought a Blanka and I lost because I'm awful at dealing with shotos with Dan, but the other dude fought so badly that after the match I only lost 1BP even though I had over a thousand, so it was kinda neat. I noticed way more people go to player matches, it's so crowded that I have more trouble starting matches on account of me loosing connection or being unable to connect.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Just copped the game. Who wants to test their skills against a street fighter OG?
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

SF4 isnt cross platform huh???
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

No 360 game is cross platform thanks to the fucked up networking system they have.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

War Machine wrote:No 360 game is cross platform thanks to the fucked up networking system they have.
You're wrong.

Lost Planet Colonies, Shadowrun and some other game support cross platform play for the 360 and PC.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Yeah, but they're using Windows Live together. Any other system that doesn't have Windows Live cannot communicate with those games, unlike other platforms that use regular P2P protocols.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

War Machine wrote:Yeah, but they're using Windows Live together. Any other system that doesn't have Windows Live cannot communicate with those games, unlike other platforms that use regular P2P protocols.
You said no 360 game is cross platform and I proved you wrong.

Go fuck yourself.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Whatever. :ssh:
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

*adds another notch on his belt*
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

I'm not admitting defeat but fuck this, I don't care that much.

Right now, SFIV is losing it's charm, the challenges are becoming frustratingly difficult to get gold on and online can only go so far. I gotta play this game more casually.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

you have to do what i did, host your place for people to play.

had 6 tvs going, 6 sf4 games going. Got to play the great Bob "Bobino." Super sick Rufus. Also played with Alex Valle, dude is a master. Watching them in person is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than on youtube. their hand movements are just too precise.

It was awesome, met a ton of new solid players. SF4 for life. social aspect is what sf4 is all about, not online.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Who wants a lickin' ?
Dio
King of Alcohol

Post by Dio »

Ok, Im back on and ready to rape everyone!
ImageImage