Street Fighter IV!!!!

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Re: Street Fighter IV!!!!

Post by War Machine »

12 Match streak on ranked fights and going (I stopped playing right after so I can continue it later, I think).

Now that I got my "10 consecutive ranked wins" trophy I'll probably stay away from online so I can get all the characters, right now I've only unlocked 2. :oops:
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

halfnhalf wrote:starnum's connection kept on getting dropped on me. I dont think he likes it when i make a comeback with the red cyclone.
I don't know how it was my connection, but if so then I apologize. I beat you one round while you were playing Zangief and then the connection dropped, which sucked cuz I was gonna "go for broke". Don't worry we'll get some good matches in eventually and you will see that my Ansatsuken is strong. Until then, no worries. I'll look for your comment to see when you're available, and feel free to send me an invite anytime. That goes for the rest of you guys too. Just send me an invite whenever, most of us still need to unlock the rest of the characters, so there's no rush. We'll have time to throw down more in the future.
Dio
King of Alcohol

Post by Dio »

Played some good matches against WarMachine. 5-2 even though you should've died on that last combo I got on Dan. lol

The lag started to get HORRENDOUS after a while. Overall record is 69-15, ranked 13-1 with a streak of 11 in a row. Thanks for ending my 27 win streak WarMachine, Im gonna have to get that back asap :lol:
ImageImage
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Hmm... you guys seem to be teh awesome at street fighter. I got the game on saturday, and yesterday I couldn't even beat Seth on Arcade fucking medium mode. :(

Granted I only played for like 2 hours the whole weekend, but still, wtf!?

I was really good at soulcalibur but sf is a whole nother game... all that movement I had in SC doesn't really pay off here, and I have to really get used to hold back instead of a button to block. I'll try fighting one of you guys once I get my game up - currenty I really like Abel.

Anyway, do you play with the regular ps3 pad, or do you use an arcade stick?
Dio
King of Alcohol

Post by Dio »

I use the regular Ps3 controller, fuck using the arcade stick. If I wanted to use one I would go play in the arcade.
ImageImage
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I much prefer the D-pad over the analog stick, if that's what you're asking. I love Street Fighter, this game is my shit! You should challenge me and some of the other guys to some matches online, Aether. We'll break you in nice and proper. :twisted:
Dio
King of Alcohol

Post by Dio »

Maaaaaaaaan, Im fucking people up so bad that they are sending me messages saying "Damn you are good, but you didnt have to do me like that (ultra combo finish)"

Currently: 81-19 overall record

Ranked: 13-1
Player: 68-18

Once I get my 100th win with Holy Ken, Im gonna move to using random characters I am good with
ImageImage
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

took me awhile, but i got a win off Dio's Ken. I'm still not there on 100% being able to pull off my moves. Plus its been annoying to do a f,d,df+p for Geif's green hand when in STHD it was just d,df,f+p. However it was pretty sweet victory, I'm enjoying Geif, but i want to see if i can get together a high caliber C.Viper going aswell.

Every ranked matched i play is ALWAYS a shoto. The one time i played someone different, the guy picked Seth and then raged messaged me for being so cheap with throws. SF4 is too awesome.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Zangied has a fucking high priority on his full circle grab. I should be able to stop it if I'm the middle of a shoryuken, but apparently that doesn't matter. I was about to get my trophy for finishing arcade mode on medium with no continues when Seth decides my EX shoryuken as I stand up is not as fast as his EX Zangief's grab.

By the way, Gouken has some tricked out moves, I bet if I learn how to use him well I'd get a lot of wins simply cause people don't know how he fights.
halfnhalf wrote:Every ranked matched i play is ALWAYS a shoto.
Of all the Akuma's I've fought (he's easily the most recurrent character I fight against online), only one dude actually tried using him normally (he wasn't good though). All the others simply jump back and spam one air hadoken followed up by another hadoken when they touch the floor or do a charged-up hadoken. I'm making an effort to start any match against an Akuma by dashing forward to avoid the air hadoken and mess up their game by not letting them stay away from me.

I swear, after having fought that one dude who at least tried to fight honorably with Akuma, I was about to send him a message to thank and praise him for not spamming the same 3 moves over and over, but ultimately decided not to cause I though he might take it as me gloating.

By the way, here's something I recommend everyone do: Go to Options, Sound Settings and lower the volume of everything except Voice Chat so you can hear what other people say even if you don't have a headset.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Man it sounds like I'm missing out on some serious shit. I decided to upgrade from a fuzzy mono audio tv to 1080p so I won't be gettin SFIV for a while.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Dio
King of Alcohol

Post by Dio »

War Machine knows whats up with those shitty Akuma players. I do the same thing and dash over to them and wait for them to get down and bash their face in

Overall: 93-21
Ranked 13-1
ImageImage
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

ImageImage
Dio
King of Alcohol

Post by Dio »

Had my ranked streak snapped today by a really cheap ass Vega, so i snapped and took it out on everyone else I faced in ranked and now i have a 5 match win streak going. Player matches Im at 20 in a row right now.

Overall: 121-22
Ranked: 20-2
ImageImage
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

you should have had that 5 win streak awhile ago.

sadly my roommate played some sf4 ranked matches (i know) and just gave me 4 losses in a row. was about to get that 10 win streak, oh well prepare guys cuz i might have a Bison you wouldnt want to mess with.
Dio
King of Alcohol

Post by Dio »

O really? I like the sound of actually fighting someone that knows how to use Bison. Yea, after that cheap fucking Vega I just went off on a 5 win mauraderthon getting a perfect on the last round. Havent even turned the PS3 on today, dont think I will since Im gonna be going out tonight.

Overall: 125-22
Ranked: 20-2
ImageImage
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

I fucking LOVE the GIEF! Just got the Legendary Champion and Play to Win trophies using him. Before then I was working on beating the game with everyone on medium for that other trophy (yes I'm such a whore)

Ranked matches... I was afraid of playing them but I gave it a shot. 10 straight on my first try with the Gief. Played 6 Kens out of the 10 wins. I know everyone is using him cuz hes an easy character but the low sweep and fireball shit gets annoying. Thats where Gief comes in with the spinning lariat. They don't call that guy the RED CYCLONE for nothing. I love how thats all I spammed and beat the game on the hardest level and beat all those pansy ass Kens.

I also fought an Akuma player who got 1 round on me doing the Ultra Raging Demon finish. In the 3rd round the Gief took that shit and still won. That guy is a TANK.

FOR MOTHER RUSSIA! LOL I'm loving this game too much.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Right now life is getting between me and SFIV. Stupid life!
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

War Machine wrote:Right now life is getting between me and SFIV. Stupid life!

Life? WTF is this thing you speak of? I think I gave mine away when FF6 came out years ago. Never looked back. :D

Edit:

Dio, I'm adding you tonight. My PSN is similar to my name here but not exactly. And damnit I keep missing everyones invites :( :( :(
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Tempest wrote:Image

Too be honest, Ken/Ryu style characters are the ones I can play best. I never really could time the special moves that you have to charge (like Bison, Guile and Chun Li) right. But nothing beats a good old Shoryuken :D
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

I am never fighting anyone with a bad connection ever again. If they don't have at least 3 bars, I'm not getting near them. I'm saying this because I just lost against the single worst Honda player I've ever seen, he just kept charging back and doing head-butts, he didn't even try to surprise me with them, he was only spamming like hell. The connection was so bad that I couldn't even jump and kick unless I started kicking well before trying to jump, most of the times I just landed in front of him doing nothing and getting hit.

I never had that much trouble adjusting to lag in SCIV, but then again, the fighting in SCIV is much slower than SFIV.

Anyway, I really like using Dan, but I still can't cope with his literally zero reach. The kicks are good, but they are slow and easily countered. I had a lot of trouble with a Ken who kept pushing me back and spamming hadokens and focus just doesn't cut it as a replacement for parry.

Fucking Honda ruined my day. :lol:
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

I hear you on that one warmachine. I fought a Vega with a bad connection and barely won. It was out of 5 rounds too. It was pure hell. I was using the Gief and I still managed to pull off his final atomic buster.
I hate fighting people who just stick to one or two moves. Like almost everyone with Ken. Open up with the jump in kick... I can see that shit from a mile away.
This is actually the first fighting game I'm enjoying so much online. Wasn't a big SC fan, played some SFIIHD and its also because I got FIOS too so I have very little lag now.

I'm pretty good with Gief now but I hate fighting Cammy with him. Shes like the anti-gief. Her spiral arrow gets him low and the cannon spike go high. Hard to grab that little *****

Dans an awesome character too. Can't get enough of the legendary taunt. It was funny, when I first got the game I didn't realize the Supers had to be done with the blue bar all the way up. I was thinking I sucked real bad still I figured that out. "Why isn't the super working????" lol

Though I love the guy Guile is a horrible character. I can't fight my way out of a paper sack with him.

halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

fuck, my zangief is in the shitter right now. Must be that bison ive been playing as for awhile now.

I still cant figure out who my character is yet. BTW ken scrubs are too easy now. Wait for them to jump in, reply with character knock down anti-air. rush the knocked down ken, FADC (focus attack dash cancel backwards) scrubs ken will think of doing a shoryuken. Await for falling scrub and lay the rush down. For the first round against a Ken he played like this, all i did was throw, throw, throw. only dmg delt was throws, quit after the first round.

Capcom needs to get that DLC up so that we can see who is rage quits.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I don't play ranked.

Fuck that shit.

Everybody complains about Akuma, Ken, Sagat scrubs when playing ranked.

Well, the solution is simple: just don't play ranked.

Simple.

Also, I just found out that Dan can taunt in the air and while crouching.

Awesome.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Femto wrote:Also, I just found out that Dan can taunt in the air and while crouching.

Awesome.
I get hit all the time just taunting, and it doesn't deter anything.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I haven't played Ranked yet, but I'm sure I'll get around to trying it out sometime. Since I have all the characters now, I've been trying to focus on completing the challenges. This game is really great though, turned out to be just about everything I had hoped for, despite the hype, and that's saying something.