Conventions 2008

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

Vicissitude
Professional Bastard

Re: Conventions 2008

Post by Vicissitude »

I dunno. I saw a lot of Kens and Not-Kens. I was mostly hanging around at the Dead of Summer table in Webcomics Walk.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, you look like you could totally take that other guy lonewolf, heh. I still don't get the "not Ken" thing though. If you're "not Ken" then who are you supposed to be? Hm, or did you just feel like wearing your Gi or something?
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

I was supposed to be Ryo Sakazaki from Art of Fighting. YES I know the uniform is supposed to be ORANGE. Thats why I also have a tengu mask for being the 2nd. Mr. Karate. I plan on dying the uniform but I went at the last moment. I cut off the sleeves the day before. I'm going to try dying them to see if they will turn orange or just faded, blotchy red.

Oh yeah... I'm almost done with the video I'm working on, just waiting for some friends pics but I did make this and who knows... it may become viral?
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

hmm didnt know vader was that short...
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Alrighty, I've compiled a video of Katsucon 08 for your enjoyment. I'm the guy in the red, my friend was the nurse in the still shots. They actually put me on the jumbo-tron TV while I was holding the sign up. Got a pretty decent crowd reaction too.

I did all the editing and what not. What does everyone think?

And heres a couple of pictures:

I might try a pyramid head costume in the near future to match up with my demon nurse friend :D
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Heh, not bad at all. Good work on the Ryo stance, heh. I like the Nel costume, and the demon nurse was just awesome. The mannerisms really sold it, creepy stuff, heh.
Vicissitude
Professional Bastard

Post by Vicissitude »

That's one of the two Nels I saw running around. The other was in full Espada regalia.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Yay, Sakuracon in Seattle is only a month away! Is anyone else going? I'm going to be Desert Punk and compete in the cosplay, but I might not do the skit.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Seattle *sigh* I'm no where near there. Don't they have any cons in the mid-west? Meh, even if they did, it'd prolly still be too far away. *shrugs*
Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Fuji Nagase »

where do you live? a mid west con i always went to was denver's NDK(nan desu kan). its always getting bigger and although i admit to not have gone in a few years, i did go for the first 9 it was there. i hear good things about the set up now though they used to be a bit on the unorganized side. it had to do with the huge growth spurts of fans coming from utah and stuff. i guess its a bit more west though.

im a bit tired of giving lists of cons to people but here is another!
here are the cons via wiki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_an ... th_Central]
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Um, nowhere near Denver, heh. :P

Thanks for the list though, I'll definitely check it out.

Yeah, as I figured, they're all out of state, but maybe I'll hit one up someday. :)
Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Fuji Nagase »

im heading to anime wasabi! wish me luck! i just made a costume in like 12 hours....ill post pics if it turns out to be fun. i love seeing the denver con people more!
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Cool, I hope you have fun, and I'm looking forward to seeing your pics.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

hey, i finally watched your video. liked the music in the first half and what you did with darth. good job ;)
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Man sakuracon was crazy. It snowed, and then was sunny and warm the next day. The sound guys totally screwed up Vic Mignognia's concert, and before the cosplay concert (which I really didn't like but anyways) the 6th floor had about 10 000 people on it and the security shut off the elevators and escalators to herd people. Did I also mention the hordes of Naruto and Bleach characters? And not one Berserk character to be seen. The Media Blaster's guy hadn't even seen one, he seemed pretty disappointed about it. Do you think that Avatar could be cosplayed and still be allowed in one of those concerts?
Vicissitude
Professional Bastard

Post by Vicissitude »

Who else here signed up for Otakon? I'll be doing my usual panel rounds and hanging down in Artist's Alley again.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Vicissitude wrote:Who else here signed up for Otakon? I'll be doing my usual panel rounds and hanging down in Artist's Alley again.
I'm in for otakon. Also if anyone needs a hotel room my friend and I reserved one. The more people we get the cheaper it is. If anyones interested PM me please.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Otakon is in San Diego right? Nope, I won't be able to go this year. I'd have to take a plane down, and they aren't getting any cheaper. I know AnimeEvolution is tiny compared to the ones like Otakon, but isn't anyone going? Isn't anyone even remotely close? It's lonely being the only Canadian here, well British Columbian anyways. You Ontario people don't count, you're on the East Coast :mrgreen:
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

All you out of state bastards bought out all the 4 day and saturday Comicon Tix already. I hate you all.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

The Herald wrote:Otakon is in San Diego right?
Nope, Otakon is on the east coast in baltimore, maryland. I think its the biggest convention on this side of the US. The whole city basically turns into an anime town. Freaks on every corner, and I'm not talking about the pimps and hoes you normally see :wink:
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

I was thinking of Otacon, you know, the one that Hal Emmerich based his name off of in MGS1. I thought that was in San Diego, it's the really really big one, like in all of North America, the biggest. And if I'm wrong, that don't matter because I've never been to it :P/
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Buzkashi wrote:All you out of state bastards bought out all the 4 day and saturday Comicon Tix already. I hate you all.

seriously, fucks are messing with us. I'll be going most likely on thrusday and friday. Buz can i sleep with you on thursday night? ill bring booze...

for me only, since you know your underage and all...
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

halfnhalf wrote:
Buzkashi wrote:All you out of state bastards bought out all the 4 day and saturday Comicon Tix already. I hate you all.

Buz can i sleep with you on thursday night? ill bring booze...

for me only, since you know your underage and all...

My girlfriend might object.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Buzkashi wrote: My girlfriend might object.
Hey, where is LordMune these days anyway?
ImageImage
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I keep him in the dungeon.