Conventions 2008

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Re: Conventions 2008

Post by Buzkashi »

Dude. I saw Aliens when I was really young also. It caused me to say the F word to my mother who then locked me in the basement for a little while.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Vicissitude
Professional Bastard

Post by Vicissitude »

halfnhalf wrote:i saw Aliens at the age of 3, so that was what messed me up.
I saw CHUD when I was 3. You know what CHUD stands for? Caniballistic Humanoid Underground Dwellers.
Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Fuji Nagase »

hahahahaha! thats funny.

buz, that sucks. though i was afraid of my basement so maybe thats just me. i have to admit that although i am a big fan of the macabre and horror comics, scary movies i cannot do..at all. i have only watched a few and all it does is spark my long term insomnia.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I love scary movies. My friends think I'm weird because I'm always giggling to myself or laughing during the overtly nasty or gorey parts of movies and stuff. Its weird because I used to be way too scared of movies when iw as younger. But I was always forced to watch em so I guess I've become numb to it. All in all. I love teh scerie moovies.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

i feel like such a...whats the word? something like "fraidy cat" kind of...i cant think of it but bascially i can paint and read comics of and even anime of things that freak everyone out but movies..i dunno. i like the psycholigical thrillers though. enough gore and crazy people but no ghosts. its the metaphysical stuff i hate. i dont mind the killers as much, though i do mind them.
Vicissitude
Professional Bastard

Post by Vicissitude »

Fuji Nagase wrote:i feel like such a...whats the word? something like "fraidy cat" kind of...
Pussy? :lol:
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Vicissitude wrote:
Fuji Nagase wrote:i feel like such a...whats the word? something like "fraidy cat" kind of...
Back in your cage, Vicissitude. There are ladies present.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Vicissitude wrote:
Huh?!? What! WHERE!!! TELL MEE!!!
Vicissitude
Professional Bastard

Post by Vicissitude »

LordMune wrote:Back in your cage, Vicissitude. There are ladies present.
Bullshit. There are no girls on teh Intarwebs.
Tonbo
Mastered PM
Location: I am the one who lives in the darkness, and shatters it.

Post by Tonbo »

Vicissitude wrote:
LordMune wrote:Back in your cage, Vicissitude. There are ladies present.
Bullshit. There are no girls on teh Intarwebs.
A claim so laughable must be countered with comedy!

http://www.dieselsweeties.com/print/?date=20071031
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Haha, well, here in Vancouver there are more girls in comic shops than dudes. And anyway, Fuji is a girl, so be nice.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

although the gesture is appriciated, it is not needed for anyone to defend me. if i was bothered by saying pussy or any thing of the sort, would i be here? would i love berserk like i do? i belive the reason i did not use the word pussy was because it always seems odd to me to use that phrase to descibe someone of the female gender..kind of like when a guy is called a dick..im like..well..YEAH..i guess so..kind of? anyway, i assure you i can defend my own as a female at EG. i have for a while now havent i?

and i agree with the comic...although it was more like i was fucking 12 and my favorite manga was battle angel and that was what was noticable, not as much my gender. now it is def. different to be a chick in the internet, like comics, cosplay, make comics. there are so many now. but i dont let all that bother me. if someone else can do it better than ill give my respect to them, but for now im pretty okay just loving berserk and keep doing my best in everything else. plus, being half japanese always gave me some kind of advantage i think, hahaha!
Shaka Zulu
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by Shaka Zulu »

Its prolly just your personality, but its still so girly you seriously felt the need to rant and get defensive over that :lol: No evil pirate kitten bone in ya at all :lol:

Now when talking about evil vixen biatches, whats the name of that crazy red haired (latina?) chica who posts here :lol: (say red haired, cuz I remember some mugshot pic) The one who has gone all spankish dominatrix (the one who ripped newb new ones more then Femto ;)) on every cocky puppy who's been foolish enough to question her (I think Eldo got spanked the most, we know why....). I deserve some too for forgetting her name totally (lord something?).
Until the lion learns to speak, the tales of the hunt will be(weak) told by the hunter
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

When I said be nice, I meant it in a don't be sexist kind of way. Be just as much of asses as you want with pussy and douche and whatever. And I realize I was being an ass for saying be nice, so sorry Fuji :P
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

ugh...you people..

i was replying to this line:
The Herald wrote:Haha, well, here in Vancouver there are more girls in comic shops than dudes. And anyway, Fuji is a girl, so be nice.
put your pity away. comon, if it was some guy who said what i said would you say that? oh well, i guess im destined to a life of nice people.

and that wasnt a girl rant. believe me. that was nothing.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Shaka Zulu wrote:Its prolly just your personality, but its still so girly you seriously felt the need to rant and get defensive over that :lol: No evil pirate kitten bone in ya at all :lol:

Now when talking about evil vixen biatches, whats the name of that crazy red haired (latina?) chica who posts here :lol: (say red haired, cuz I remember some mugshot pic) The one who has gone all spankish dominatrix (the one who ripped newb new ones more then Femto ;)) on every cocky puppy who's been foolish enough to question her (I think Eldo got spanked the most, we know why....). I deserve some too for forgetting her name totally (lord something?).
Starlore you mean?

She has been busy as of late, I keep in contact with her and wish her well.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Gah, us men, caught in the black hole of feminism. Or anti-feminisim if you rather. Anyways, we've been past the event horizon since the 1980's.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

just.stop.
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

i miss Starlore...

back to conventions anyway. looks like there is a comiket in tokyo right around when ill be there but i cant go. its too intimidating and i have no costumes here T.T. is anyone here going to anything this next year?
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

I'm prolly going to...
Katsucon, Otakon, and possibly Anime Mid-atlantic.

I don't know if I'll cosplay... none of the people I'd go with would :(

But going back to the Aliens movie... That was actually the first thing I remember when I came to the US at the age of 7. My older brother and cousin forced me to watch it. Needless to say I had dreams of face-huggers crawling up on me for about a month. Its actually good that I watched it that young, as nothing can phase me anymore.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I know what you mean. I was already desensitised to horror movies at the age of 8. I mean, I'd have dreams where Freddy was my buddy. I don't know if Wes Craven is the master of horror, but he made some entertaining films. :P
dialdfordesi

Post by dialdfordesi »

Event Horizon was the one that desensitized me. It was just so...creepy.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Oh man that is a creepy movie. Though, when I said event horizon, I meant the point of a black hole where the escape velocity is the speed of light, so not even light can escape. Sorry, my astro is coming through.

Anyways, when and where are those two conventions you are going to Fuji? Sakuracon is in Seattle WA in March and AnimeEvolution is in Vancouver BC in August. I'm going to those.
Tonbo
Mastered PM
Location: I am the one who lives in the darkness, and shatters it.

Post by Tonbo »

Fuji Nagase wrote: looks like there is a comiket in tokyo right around when ill be there but i cant go. its too intimidating and i have no costumes here
What?! Don't vaj out. Those are the most pussy ass excuses. evar.

Ugh, girls...
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

the main point was not said because i figured they were so obvious...it is too expensive because i like really far from tokyo and i dont feel prepared enough to go. i dont live on impulse. i come prepared to conventions.