Spartans & Elites & Buzkashi in Halo_Genius

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Re: Spartans & Elites & Buzkashi in Halo_Genius

Post by Buzkashi »

Got em all. But damn more and more bitches are getting the hayabusa set. I guess i gotta go for the Marathon now.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

I don't care about achievements.

I don't really care about skulls.

But GODDAMN I NEED that Marathon Mjolnir Mark IV armor permutation.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

I is a achievement whore.
"Context is for Kings"
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

My schedule's sporadic but I do play. I'm on as...dialdfordesi
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Jesus Christ, I have a new-found hatred for american 12-year-olds.

I'm stunned. I knew it was bad in Halo 2 but I was lucky in matchmaking for the most part, and I didn't play much.

But this last round of Territories on Last Resort I played... Mind fucking blown. How do these retards posess the technical know-how of powering up a console and connecting to Xbox Live?
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

The world may never know.

Buddy of mine got much of his jollies from bitch fisting many little bastards.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

I believe the time has come.

We need to set a time and date for everyone- everyone, to be online so we can party up and actually act as an organized team (and not racist 12-year-olds) and just generally own the crap out of the opposition in Big Team Battle.

Suggestions?
dialdfordesi

Post by dialdfordesi »

I'm down for any time after this Thursday to the upcoming Sunday. That's my fall break.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I think it'll be nigh impossible to set a date and time where everybody is available.

I'm up for it though.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I want that samurai sword on my back. You get it if you get ALL the achievements.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
dialdfordesi

Post by dialdfordesi »

I'm still trying to get the haybusa helmet. I got the IWHBYD skull to drop, but when I saved and quitted, the game didn't show that I actually got the skull.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

that happened to me too. But I did again and ended the stage with the skull.
"Context is for Kings"
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I hope you played the level from start to finish. I have the hayabusa armor but dont use it. To many people have it now, I feel like theres no accomplishment in it.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

According to various sources I should have a bunch of stuff unlocked due to my achievements, but that is not the case. Aside from the standard Mark VI/QCB/EVA I've only got the Hayabusa breastplate. What's up with that?
dialdfordesi

Post by dialdfordesi »

I don't know what to tell you, man. I've seen the achievements you have and you may want to try getting "used car salesman" and "flying too close to the sun." Those two are ones that I know for sure unlock armor pieces. You can do the too close to the sun one by using the spartan laser you start with in the level the covenant on normal. After you kill the first wraith, look to the sky and you'll see banshees.

Also a lot of them like the whole triple kill thing need to be done in a ranked free for all battle.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

dialdfordesi wrote:I don't know what to tell you, man. I've seen the achievements you have and you may want to try getting "used car salesman" and "flying too close to the sun." Those two are ones that I know for sure unlock armor pieces. You can do the too close to the sun one by using the spartan laser you start with in the level the covenant on normal. After you kill the first wraith, look to the sky and you'll see banshees.

Also a lot of them like the whole triple kill thing need to be done in a ranked free for all battle.
I have both Used Car Salesman and Too Close to the Sun. :S

dialdfordesi

Post by dialdfordesi »

Damn, looks like I don't know what I'm talkin about then. I know that some people did say that some of the unlockables are glitched, so maybe you're just unlucky.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

LordMune wrote:
dialdfordesi wrote:I don't know what to tell you, man. I've seen the achievements you have and you may want to try getting "used car salesman" and "flying too close to the sun." Those two are ones that I know for sure unlock armor pieces. You can do the too close to the sun one by using the spartan laser you start with in the level the covenant on normal. After you kill the first wraith, look to the sky and you'll see banshees.

They dont let n00bs get armor :kekeke:
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

A lot of the guys playing ranked Free for All matches are willing to play for achievements.

You just have to ask around and they'll let themselves get killed if you help them out as well.

I've gotten most the multiplayer achievements that way.

Just missing Killing Frenzy and the Energy Sword triple kill one.

It's those two plus a few Campaign achievements and I'll be sporting that silly katana on my back.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Buzkashi wrote:
LordMune wrote:

They dont let n00bs get armor :kekeke:
I got a bunch of armor permutations unlocked yesterday, so I guess the game finally caught up.
dialdfordesi

Post by dialdfordesi »

Anyone down for metagaming sometime? I'd like to get through all those campaign score achievements and it would probably be much easier in co op.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I dont think you get the achievements in co op.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Buzkashi wrote:I dont think you get the achievements in co op.
you do get them with co op.
"Context is for Kings"
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

I really cannot understand all the hype around Halo. I played through Halo 1+2 on the PC, and especially 1 was extremly boring most of the time. Levels were the same room again and again, always the same enemies spawning (and how I hated the brood). 2 war more loaded with action sequences and overall more enjoyable but still, there are probably 10 and more shooters on the PC which are just as fun. Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, the one Star Wars game where you command 4 clone troopers, Bioshock, etc. And on the multiplayer parts there's Battlefield.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Aetherfukz wrote:I really cannot understand all the hype around Halo. I played through Halo 1+2 on the PC, and especially 1 was extremly boring most of the time. Levels were the same room again and again, always the same enemies spawning (and how I hated the brood). 2 war more loaded with action sequences and overall more enjoyable but still, there are probably 10 and more shooters on the PC which are just as fun. Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, the one Star Wars game where you command 4 clone troopers, Bioshock, etc. And on the multiplayer parts there's Battlefield.
1. You played on Normal, didn't you?
2. Halo was not not meant for the PC platform, and it shows.
3. Halo was first in many ways, most of which were discussed in the other Halo 3 thread, and it still has a very distinct Halo style and personality, while Call of Duty and Medal of Honor became more or less interchangeable after their respective first games, for example (god I love CoD1 to death though).