Team Fortress 2

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Team Fortress 2

Post by LordMune »

I've never played Team Fortress or Team Fortress Classic.

But man, Team Fortress 2 if fun. Probably the first game where I've had a blast playing each and every one of the classes, even if some of them have obviously constrained uses (Medics and Pyros spring to mind as the least dynamic of them all).

And just what is up with the Spy? I play a Cloaker in PlanetSide, and have thus accepted the fact that I am dead if I move when someone so much as looks in my direction. In TF2, you just select what enemy likeness you want to copy, and voilá, there you go, complete with an authentic enemy name (just hope you don't run into the player with the same name as you). The invisibility cloaking is equally insane, supplying me with more than triple the time invisible that I actually need to get any given task done. You can pull of crazy backstabbing runs with that thing, combined with the disguises.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Femto
Devourer of Children

Re: Team Fortress 2

Post by Femto »

Can't wait for this game.

Can't wait for the entire contents of the Orange Box actually.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

The realization that you can cancel out of cloaking immediately upped my kill/death ratio average from 8/4 to 20/6.

Spy needs nerf bad.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

That's the only part of The Orange Box I wasn't sure I would like, but if it's as good as you make it sound then I am so gonna get it at launch.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Shisho
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by Shisho »

I love the game too. Finally. It's got an entirely new look and feel for it. Definitely going to enjoy Portal as well.
killxo
imanewbie

Post by killxo »

just got Team Fortress 2 ( actuallt got it when it came out lol ) , but, cpl days after i got it i went to a Lan and we had a tournament for it, and wow it took like 3 hrs lol. it was hella fun tho! such an awesome LAN game tho, serious team work needed
"well, it's kind of hard to concentrate with you sucking on my penis all the time" - Tom Green
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

LordMune wrote: Spy needs nerf bad.
Play against non-retarded people.

Whenever I play we are always shooting every teammate who comes in the same room, especially intelligence spots and around sentry guns. Since friendly fire is off, should you shoot a teammate and they bleed, they are a spy and their cover has been blown. Probably the best class to use in this situation is the pyro since he can set the spy on fire, not only damaging him immensely, but showing everyone he runs by that he's a dirty, rotten spy. I don't know why but I always get the feeling that whenever I cloak I happen to find the person whose name I took and get immediately killed. Hurry up and post your Steam names so we can stab/burn/snipe/maim each other.

Also, possibly the best moment ever in TF2:

[youtube]29RE0blCV84[/youtube]
ImageImage
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Having the opposite team's medic heal you is the most satisfying thing ever.

It was funny because that one time I did it the medic was standing in front of me and I was just looking at him wondering when he'll figure it out.

He never did so I pulled out my pistol and shot him in the head.

Would've paid money to hear his reaction.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Tempest wrote:
LordMune wrote: Spy needs nerf bad.
Play against non-retarded people.

Whenever I play we are always shooting every teammate who comes in the same room, especially intelligence spots and around sentry guns. Since friendly fire is off, should you shoot a teammate and they bleed, they are a spy and their cover has been blown. Probably the best class to use in this situation is the pyro since he can set the spy on fire, not only damaging him immensely, but showing everyone he runs by that he's a dirty, rotten spy. I don't know why but I always get the feeling that whenever I cloak I happen to find the person whose name I took and get immediately killed. Hurry up and post your Steam names so we can stab/burn/snipe/maim each other.

Also, possibly the best moment ever in TF2:

[youtube]29RE0blCV84[/youtube]
Oh, I've been feeling the nerf ever since Valve disabled FF and everyone started shooting each other just in case. It's a lot more fun to play the Spy now, since you have to work harder to blend in- but there's always some jerk keeping mouse button 1 pressed as he's running through his home base, which makes lengthier stays in the enemies' den pointless at best. It's also weeded out most of the n00b spies, which is a good thing.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Still the best online multiplayer game on the 360?

Absolutely.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I'd probably kapwn fempto at this game too.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Probably.

But I wouldn't care either.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

man TF2 is NOT for consoles.

6v6 or 16v16?

just having that many more people just makes it a complete difference, espically when there are more than one engineer.

btw i know its not TF2, but the cake is a lie my friends, THE CAKE IS A LIE!
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

halfnhalf wrote:6v6 or 16v16?
TF2 is 8 vs. 8 on the 360 and (officially) 12 vs. 12 on the PC.

And you can have more than one engineer even if you're playing 4 vs. 4.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Femto wrote:Probably.

But I wouldn't care either.
Sure you wouldnt..
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

People in the real world don't really care about their ranking in Halo 3, Buz.

Sorry to break it to you.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Huh, I just dont like to play people who suck. Getting my ranking allows me to play people who are as good as me.
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

[youtube]mY5qJHZCz2I[/youtube]

From what I could tell on the PC-version, you don't bleed as a spy when you're shot under disguise. When their's a high volume of traffic going in and out of an area, some players are satisfied that you don't react if they shoot you a few times.

Medic and Scout are the classes I enjoy playing most. Engineering can be enjoyable, but isn't the most confrontational class outside of their turrets.
"Don't you get it yet?! If she's beautiful, you'll die instantly!!" Chopper
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Artezul wrote: From what I could tell on the PC-version, you don't bleed as a spy when you're shot under disguise. When their's a high volume of traffic going in and out of an area, some players are satisfied that you don't react if they shoot you a few times.
That's gotta be a new change from Valve, because they used to bleed. That does explain why I tested a dude by needling him for a few seconds, and even though he didn't fire he weapon at all, he didn't bleed either and I got backstabbed after healing him. Guess I need to stay on my toes from now on.
ImageImage
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

All I can say is get used to watching your back. If you count 2 people at your back, and turn around and suddenly notice a third you're probably better off taking evasive action.

Btw, the "FYI I'm a Spy" was priceless.

It would be a whole new world for Spies if team-fire was turned on.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Artezul wrote:It would be a whole new world for Spies if team-fire was turned on.
A whole old world. I miss the days of the beta. :)
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

Team-fire was available in Beta? How were Spies then? Were their 16 Spies vs 16 Spies disguised as various classes of their opposition in a very transparent attempt to fool their opponents into thinking that their entire team was suddenly rushing out of the opposing spawn? :lol:
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Artezul wrote:Team-fire was available in Beta? How were Spies then? Were their 16 Spies vs 16 Spies disguised as various classes of their opposition in a very transparent attempt to fool their opponents into thinking that their entire team was suddenly rushing out of the opposing spawn? :lol:
People didn't know how to play spies back then, because they were retarded or something. Sometimes I was the only spy on my team- I believe the longest spree I went on was 16 backstabs in a row before finally being outed and killed. Then I came back for sprees of five or six before death, every time. I lived my life in the opposite team's 2fort base.

It took a couple of weeks for spying to catch on, and then they removed friendly fire.
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

In 2Fort, I think Snipers are the new flavor. Their's lot of pressure jumping off the battlements or even running out the front, because whoever is the first to rush out will get a bullet lodged between their eyes. It definitely controls the pacing and more often then not causes the team to go into a defensive position. I'm one of the few charging across the bridge as a scout or soldier, and even if I do juke the bullets I can't stand against multiple players alone.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

so who is down to play?

i play through steam.