Major

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Re: Major

Post by Libaax »

I saw ep 79-84 and the new season is amazing.

Goro has had highs and lows already. I liked seeing more how Baseball teams work with minors leagues,major team training camp etc Its all very new to and interesting for me.

Heh Fox aka Frankenstien was interesting. Sanches too, i liked how in the end of 84 he told Goro not to waste time on curve ball when he should improve his fastball even more.

I like how unpredictbale it was him getting fired cause of the fight,his bad curve ball showing. Its so realistic with the Salmons taking advantage of Goro's nationality. That happens in Soccer alot too, they buy japanese players who are good not only cause of their talent but cause the money,advertisement they will from japanese fans,media etc

I liked too that despite all these new characters, they make them likeable.

Major shows how to make a sport anime interesting. Realistic road to glory,fun etc and not just win everything so fast ala POT and its kind.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

I was wondering why one of the coaches didnt have any pupils, the eyes were just all white :P

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Which coach ?

Of the all the interesting things that happened you mention that :lol:
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

The coach with the glasses :D
Well I thought it was really strange, it must be some kind of manga/anime ecchi thingy that I dont know what it means :D

But as I posted before this season is awesome, like always when it comes to Major.
I think Goro could get quiet far if he got a curveball, however then he couldnt hold true to his promise to beat his fathers banesman with the fastball only.
I hope he gets into a good team atleast, was a real surprise that he would get fired cause of that little fight. I mean the Salmons was supposed to be one of the crappiest teams there was so I got the feeling now that Goro is going to have a hard time getting into the Majors.
You think Frankenstein or the Japanese that was with him at the try outs will join him soon again?
He needs someone that understands what hes saying atleast to form a battery with, and I find it a little hard that he is so lucky every time to get a catcher that just happens to know Japanese :D

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I dont think he needs curveball right now.

I hope he does as Sanches recommended. Raise the level of his fastball,control so much that he goes somwhere with it. When he gets back to Major League level and he cant raise his fastball level more then its time for curve or other type pitches. Like Sanches said use his power while he is young and worry about curve ball and co later.

In Minor league if his fastball is as strong as when he was at his best against Kaido then he will rule.

I hope he gets in a good team too. Im alittle sick of his bad luck. His injuries stopping from being at his best in school level champions both as kid and high school against Kaido,getting fired,having to try out again etc

I hope Fox will be join his minor team. I liked him most of the new characters. What makes this start the best season start so far is the many new characters like the black guys,redneck in the tryout,Fox,Sanches etc Also the freshness of the hard life of baseball pro in minor and major leauge. Goro getting used cause of his nationality etc

That makes more excited about Major more than ever. Long time since i saw a sport anime this good. Hajime No Ippo ,Slam Dunk only was this good.

Man i cant wait for the next ep, i need the torrent to show up in animesuki bad :P
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Yeah dont think he can handle more injuries then hes already has had.
Hope Fox will join up with Goro at some point, he´ll figure out that he will get into the majors faster if he forms a battery with him.
He is going to do what Sanchez told him, not waste time training on a curveball, not that I think it would stop Goro even if he trained on one.
I hope the team he will join next will send him to learn English so he can talk to everyone on his team, 10 bucks that his teacher is a Japanese woman :P

The best thing is that this cant possibly be the last season of Major :D

Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Libaax wrote:I dont think he needs curveball right now.
Yeah he doesn't but I hope he doesn't just give up on it. Or he doesn't even need a curve a nice 'change up' complement his nasty fastball.
"Context is for Kings"
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Yeah will be interesting to see what he does.

It was a nice change too seeing him throw a curve ball other only fastballs even if he got owned real bad with his bad curve ball.

I wonder what his so called "magic " pitch he used i think against Kaido late last season is really called ? Was it a forkball ?
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Well its been a good run. But I must say I'm officially done with Major. Goro has to be the most unrealistic baseball player I've ever seen. How many times does someone need to get injuried (not hurt) and continue to play? Yet everyone supports him? Ok right I've had enough.
"Context is for Kings"
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Grahf wrote:Well its been a good run. But I must say I'm officially done with Major. Goro has to be the most unrealistic baseball player I've ever seen. How many times does someone need to get injuried (not hurt) and continue to play? Yet everyone supports him? Ok right I've had enough.
What what?
I´m at epsiode 91 or something round that when he gets a new catcher that analyzes everything about everyone.
Are you further ahead than that or what?

Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

Major and baseball?...lol... where is the link? Anyway that anime has got some of the most retarded people I've ever seen and way too much useless drama.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Finito wrote:Major and baseball?...lol... where is the link? Anyway that anime has got some of the most retarded people I've ever seen and way too much useless drama.

Why do you bother with it ?

Useless drama ? If you want brain dead sport anime go watch Prince of Tennis.....

Major's nice drama is what makes people like it and compare it to Hajime No Ippo.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

enlighten me towards the drama you speak of? Where he gets hurt and plays through it? Unlike every other baseball player on the planet? Where he obliviously walks around and thinks of only baseball and nothing else?

Dude this mangaka really needs a reality check.
"Context is for Kings"
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Grahf wrote:enlighten me towards the drama you speak of? Where he gets hurt and plays through it? Unlike every other baseball player on the planet? Where he obliviously walks around and thinks of only baseball and nothing else?

Dude this mangaka really needs a reality check.

I meant the stories outside the sport earlier in this series. His friend/GF,his family,his father and what happened to him.

Sure its practically only about the sport now but earlier it was nice seeing dramatic story of Goro and people close to him.
Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

Libaax wrote:
Finito wrote:Major and baseball?...lol... where is the link? Anyway that anime has got some of the most retarded people I've ever seen and way too much useless drama.

Why do you bother with it ?

Useless drama ? If you want brain dead sport anime go watch Prince of Tennis.....

Major's nice drama is what makes people like it and compare it to Hajime No Ippo.
Because its still enjoyable even with those bad points if you know how to use fastforward.

PoT sucked too you know, the superpowers they use in it are far worst than Major's, they did well to end it soon, it was bleeding, at least drama wasnt getting in the way of the games as much as Major, but the pace was horrible.

Dont compare Ippo and Major plz...
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Libaax wrote:I meant the stories outside the sport earlier in this series. His friend/GF,his family,his father and what happened to him.

Sure its practically only about the sport now but earlier it was nice seeing dramatic story of Goro and people close to him.
Sorry but beyond Goro's one track mind and how he seemly Damages his future when he plays through an injury (that some evil mastermind has thought up). I really don't see much (worthwhile) drama beyond the second season. This new season is very weak on all fronts if you ask me. The thing that saved it up till now was all the other characters Toshi, Taiga (sp?), Shimizu, That other pitcher.

But on a side note I think I saw a preview for episode 100 it might revolve around the guys playing in Japan.
"Context is for Kings"