Major

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Major

Post by Libaax »

I made this so we stop spoiling people in currently watching anime thread.

Grahf are you on the latest ep?

Loevis what is wierd with early S2??
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Re: Major

Post by Grahf »

Well Toshi was being just as cocky as Goro was. If you think about it Goro has been as bad as Toshi. Its just competitive back and forth. The only thing I think Goro is out of line with is that they are no bodies. With the exception of Goro and Shimizu (sp?) the rest haven't really played baseball for years. So as much as I want to say Kiado just recks of Toolness (is that a word?). I dunno....

Either way Goro just might end up winning ......but in a real world setting a team with a "bullpen" against a team with none? I don't think so. But we shall see.

update: This season is going to be done I read around 78 or something like that and Season 4 is coming. I haven't seen a date for that though.
"Context is for Kings"
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

This season ends with ep 79. You know 53+26 ;)

I know Goro is cocky sometimes too but i felt Toshi's speach about how perfect Kadio has become to beat a player like Goro i thought was alittle too much even for a Kadio player.

I think Goro has a chance cause his team has become better at defending and Tashiro,Taiga are good help for him when its about batting.

Kaido isn't impossible to beat if Goro+Taiga+Tashiro plays at their best.

About the bullben that is a plus for Goro and co cause their games arent as long as Pro games and they are still high school players and except Muyumara and Toshi the rest arent at Goro's level.

Since Major is very realisictly when its about the best team winning a game against a weaker team, i still think they have a chance. Just like any real life team sport, a superstar can take down a better team almost on his own.

Which is why i hope to see Goro being better than ever thats their biggest chance for win.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Your missing it with a Bullpen that helps because if one pitcher doesn't have it one day. You switch to another. The ability to have options opens things up and doesn't lock you into one pitcher. That allows Kiado's manager (the old guy) to do different things that can be beneficial. In real life a pitcher can't throw their hardess for 9 innings and have the same velocity that they started the game with. They would need to have a couple of easy innings where they have defensive help. Last time I check Goro has yet to do that during a real game. Greg Maddox once pitched a complete game shutout with 87 pitches. Goro goes past 87 pitches with ease. Goro is a strike out pitcher and he tends to throw more pitches than a contact pitcher would. So he has more wear on his arm.

Realistically Goro has no chance. But in this manga you never know. IF all of the players (on both teams) play their best games every then Kiado wins 9/10 times.
"Context is for Kings"
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Yeah but he doesnt have a choice its not like he can find a new pitcher the day before the game.

Of course Goro's team will lose if everyone in Kaido plays to their best. Thats a given since they are better overall. But since no one is perfect its about who plays to his best first to take the lead or plays to his best when the game is in balance. Thats the only chance they have. If Goro can get them some points and shake Kaido alittle.

I hope Goro can lift the others alittle so they can compete enough to keep the game thight until the end.

I know Kadio is clearly better but if Goro's best game goes above Muyumara and Toshi's best then Kadio will lose. Sometimes the best overall team loses cause the other teams best player is too good for them. I have seen that alot of times in the big team sports.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Well I was just realistically there is no chance in hell Kiado losess. Unless Goro pitches lights out and has an out of body experience at the plate (already 0 - 1, 1SO). Lets say they get a run or two off of this current pitcher kiado will bring in another pitcher and he will eat up some innings until Muyumara comes in. Remember a problem is alot harder when there are more unknowns and Kiado has more unknowns.

You don't seem to understand you keep thinking that Goro can win on his own and bottom line is they can't. Goro can have a great game and they could still lose thats baseball. Now this manga is more realistic as opposed to some of adachi's works. But at least in H2 hero had many different styles of pitching. He would let his defense do the work most of the time. Seishu is bad team no way around it. Goro could throw a no hitter for 9 innings but I'm sure they wouldn't score to help him out. We just have to wait and see how the Mangaka plays this one out.
"Context is for Kings"
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Libaax wrote: Loevis what is wierd with early S2??
Well I thought that season 1 just ended in the middle of the game, and season two began without explaining how season 1 ended :)
But as the episodes went forward the bits and pieces fell togheter :)
Now I´m currently at episode 18 on season three.
Its a good show but I find it a little to hard that Goro would play with an injured foot even after several doctors pointed out that he might ruin himself for the rest of his life so he has to give up Baseball, Its just like his stepfather said, hes lost Baseball once and he dont want to see him loose it again. Goro just seem a little brainless :P haha

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Grahf wrote:Well I was just realistically there is no chance in hell Kiado losess. Unless Goro pitches lights out and has an out of body experience at the plate (already 0 - 1, 1SO). Lets say they get a run or two off of this current pitcher kiado will bring in another pitcher and he will eat up some innings until Muyumara comes in. Remember a problem is alot harder when there are more unknowns and Kiado has more unknowns.

You don't seem to understand you keep thinking that Goro can win on his own and bottom line is they can't. Goro can have a great game and they could still lose thats baseball. Now this manga is more realistic as opposed to some of adachi's works. But at least in H2 hero had many different styles of pitching. He would let his defense do the work most of the time. Seishu is bad team no way around it. Goro could throw a no hitter for 9 innings but I'm sure they wouldn't score to help him out. We just have to wait and see how the Mangaka plays this one out.

I know they have a huge chance of losing which is why i said i HOPE Goro plays lights out as you put it. That way is almost the only way they can win. If Taiga or Tashiro can give the team a run then he has a perfect game picthing and they win. That is still possible if his pitching becomes too good for Kaido which it can. The biggest problem is Muyumara and how good he has become. If Goro cant hit his pitches its game over no matter good he plays the rest of the game.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

another thing that screws him. Is he isn't looking to win it seems like he is looking to strike everyone out. With Toshi I think thats a big mistake if he tries to challenge him three times over the course of the game. If he walks Toshi everytime he comes up then Kiado is screwed. But I don't see that happening you?
"Context is for Kings"
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Yeah with Goro's attitude and huge pride i cant even imagine that.

Its not too good Toshi has become such a good batter prolly the best in Kaido.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Its a shame really that Goro didnt try and get Toshi to quit Kaido with him.
The two of them could really kick some a** :D
But you never know if they will join the same team after school.
I just hope Goros foot will be ok, would be a shame if it gave out on him after 2 innings.

Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Taiga is Jose Reyes now huh? :lol: That bounce pitch was totally bullshit that would have been a Balk.
"Context is for Kings"
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Can you explain what was wrong with the bounce pitch? They didnt seem to think it was anything wrong with it neither of the teams.

Taiga was pretty good in this ep. He is playing as good i hoped.

Kaido is scary team but its good to see they arent fool and are taking Goro's seriously.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

aside from the sheer pyhsics beig impossible. Well pretty damn close anyway. The Umpire would have called a balk for throwing the ball into the ground right in front of the mound. He could have bounced the ball in front of hte plant fine but bouncing the ball twice and it still coming in that fast? Either way it should be 2 - 0 Kaido.
"Context is for Kings"
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Ah good to know.

I hope Taiga tries the same stuff next ep. He really made the pitcher nervous and made him miss.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

another funny thing about baseball. He could possilbly not get another hit for the game and have had a productive game. You could say he figured out the pitcher but who is the say that guy is pitching with his next go around? Thats where people get screwed with the bullpen. If they bring in the knuckleballer Kaido wins this game easy. Assuming that he will be in top form (as most of the pitchers in this manga usaully are).
"Context is for Kings"
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Speaking about Baseball did you see that Ranger team that scored 30 runs for the first in over 100 years in Major League baseball?

I thought getting nailed 10+ runs was bad :lol:
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Well looks like the rain is going to be a blessing. It should make the game more competitive in a sense. But really in a sense Kaido still has the major advantage due the the injuries with Goro and others.

Though I want to see some more behind the scenes drama.
"Context is for Kings"
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Holy crap, if they need to replace Goro in the extra inning they wont win.
I think Sato and all the others will throw down the game then, well like 5% chance of that happening :P
Ok I admit I have no idea its just wishfull thinking, haha.
And on the other hand, if Goro needs to be substituted, who will take his place. They dont have anyone else to take it do they?
Then they might loose here cause of it in another way.
Just give me episode 77 already, haha

Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

In the preview for the next episode it looks like he is going to pitch. :?
"Context is for Kings"
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Really, I never look at previews. They ruin the suspense :D

Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

ok I get it. Its an anime but come on really all he throws is fastballs and he does it for 13 innings on a bad wheel no less. *sigh*
"Context is for Kings"
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Read that the fourth season would start the 5/1-08.
Anyone seen a torrent out there yet?

Edit: Found it and saw it.
Damn its good Major is back :D

Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

hmmm pretty much what i expected, if goro doesn't learn any breaking balls he will never make it to the majors. If he does he would get bombed if he were a starter.

Damnit looks like there will be no Goro and Shimizu interaction this season. That sucks.
"Context is for Kings"
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Grahf wrote: Damnit looks like there will be no Goro and Shimizu interaction this season. That sucks.

Yeah that is a bit lame, he didnt have to go to the US this soon.
He should have played a few years in Japan so he could be the best pitcher there first.
You think the other Japanese guy will become yet another one Goro wants to meet in a game?