Berserk: 287 - "Bubbles"

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

psi29a
Godo

Berserk: 287 - "Bubbles"

Post by psi29a »

BERSERK

Torrent: Berserk_v33c287.rar

Eldo: I gave up an opportunity for unlimited free beer today to edit Berserk.
Eldo: The sacrifices I make...
Eldo: THE SACRIFICES I MAKE!!!!
Weltall
imanewbie

Re: Berserk: 287 - "Bubbles"

Post by Weltall »

you guys rock, thanks a lot!
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

I didn't even knew it was out and you've already translated it. Thanks a lot. Maybe we can all chip in to get Eldo some free beer for all those sacrifices.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

psi29a wrote: Eldo: I gave up an opportunity for unlimited free beer today to edit Berserk.
Eldo: The sacrifices I make...
Eldo: THE SACRIFICES I MAKE!!!!
So who got piss drunk?

And thank you as always! Go little torrent gogogogogogo!!!
**reading**
Last page is a foreshadowing of things to come?
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Such dedication. Thank you very much EG.

But really, to sacrifice free beer......

This makes me wonder: If I had a behelit and chose to initiate a little eclipse to get demon powers, could I sacrifice a crate of beer? Maybe a barrel?
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Jon Maitreya
notanewb

Post by Jon Maitreya »

Brainpiercing wrote:This makes me wonder: If I had a behelit and chose to initiate a little eclipse to get demon powers, could I sacrifice a crate of beer? Maybe a barrel?
Maybe if you were/are an alcoholic...

Thanks for the chapter EG! Eldo, your sacrifice was not in vain!
stonecold
imanewbie

Post by stonecold »

Ya, that would be funny... for example a chain smoker says he will scarifice smoking to gain powers... will that work? :P

Thanks alot for the chapter.
exhumethecorpse
imanewbie

Post by exhumethecorpse »

As always thanks for chapter

What was that 2nd to last flashback scene on pg17 I don't remember that happening.
42ndEndOfTheWorld
This is my new home

Post by 42ndEndOfTheWorld »

EG, you don't know how much you rule.

Anyway, this chapter was pure filler, so in a way, shame on Miura. I hope we'll get real material soon.
Buuhan1
Mastered PM

Post by Buuhan1 »

Thank you very much for the wonderful chapter, EG! I was waiting~

I actually enjoyed the chapter even if it felt "fillerish". I personally don't see things as "filler" in manga. Sometimes you need to take a break and just do uneventful chapters, but personally I felt this chapter wasn't uneventful.
I think Guts is a pretty cool guy, eh kills shit an doesn't afraid of anything.
Tristan
imanewbie

Post by Tristan »

Wow, great job EG! And Eldo, this is where you take some of the rent money and go buy a Sh*t load of beer :D
Nonni
imanewbie

Post by Nonni »

Thanks alot for doing the translation. Don't know how I could life without you guys.

Ehem, on a side note. Gutts is in extraordinary bad shape. His scars up till now have always been a part of his ... cool sexy hyper bad/good persona. But now he's seriously starting to wither away, you can just barely see his skin due to extreme scars and deformity.

Miura stated that Berserk would have a happy ending (I'm pretty sure he said that .. ) but for Gutts I simply can't see so. I mean, go through and live in hell since the day he was born. Perhaps death in his case is a happy ending.
elric le tueur d'amis
Mastered PM

Post by elric le tueur d'amis »

Thanks you for the chapter EG.

I don't think that Guts is in a bad shape, most of those scars come from Schierke's fire spell (during the fight vs the kushan sorcerer), they'll probably disappear with time or be healed by the elves.
That guy won''t give up!!
Kill him!!
Buuhan1
Mastered PM

Post by Buuhan1 »

Guts new wounds, I see them healing up soon. I mean, Guts has gotten bad wounds like that before (maybe not that bad looking, but still) and a few chapters later they're just magically gone. I mean, how long do you think Miura is gonna keep drawing all that on Guts before getting sick? I'm also interested where Miura said Berserk would have a happy ending.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

There really isn't any such thing as 'filler' in manga, the term 'filler' was coined for anime where it deviated from the manga for any number of reasons, such as letting the author get ahead of the anime or, the manga has stopped and the studios want to milk it just a little bit further.

Feel free to research this on Google or go right to the wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filler_(media)

We call this character development and personally, I liked this chapter a lot more than some of the other action based ones. It is just sad and melancholy.
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Awesomene, Evil Genius happens to release these chapters at the best times for me! Thanks for the release.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Omnideus
imanewbie

Post by Omnideus »

Thank you for all your hard work. It is much appreciated.
Xarfai
imanewbie

Post by Xarfai »

I really like this chapter, especially as I was a bit dissapointed with the last one (Ishidoros training was something I´d call a filler). Guts´ iron arm is a fitting symbol of the state he is in, he can just slay enemies with it, but he is not able to hold caska. Also, its weight drags him down.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

You keep using this word, I don't think it means what you think it means.

It can't be filler if it's manga. It really isn't that hard to understand. This is the story that Miura wrote/inked, it isn't filler. It is that simple. Look it up.
Buuhan1
Mastered PM

Post by Buuhan1 »

I understand the word "filler" and I apologize if you got the wrong idea from me.
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

Oohohhoooooooooooooom! Wow this has been one of the better chapters in recent memory, and it looks like Muira made the most of his break time.
Bow to Golbez
Death&Rebirth
Mastered PM

Post by Death&Rebirth »

Really good...
The scene were Gutts thinks about the limitation of his iron fist when he tried to grab Caska from falling into the sea can become iconic. Maybe i'm reading to much of this, but was Caska smilling when she fall?
Nonni
imanewbie

Post by Nonni »

Buuhan1 wrote:Guts new wounds, I see them healing up soon. I mean, Guts has gotten bad wounds like that before (maybe not that bad looking, but still) and a few chapters later they're just magically gone. I mean, how long do you think Miura is gonna keep drawing all that on Guts before getting sick? I'm also interested where Miura said Berserk would have a happy ending.
Pff I have no idea where I got that happy ending stuff. I read it somewhere .. most likely here .. a long time ago.

And with the amount of insane detail in Berserk it wouldn't surprise me if he would continue to draw him in this way for quite some time. But then again I didn't consider the possibility of those scars/burn marks actually healing :D
thesyndrome
imanewbie

Post by thesyndrome »

exhumethecorpse wrote:As always thanks for chapter

What was that 2nd to last flashback scene on pg17 I don't remember that happening.
its when she gave him head behind the wagons, dont you remember?
seriously though, she breaks down in front of guts shortly after the final fight with wyald (where zodd appears), due to griffiths injuries (as in she is so sad to see him like that, and couldnt bear to leave grifith and the hawks behind for guts)

also
[quote="Nonni") Perhaps death in his case is a happy ending.[/quote]

nope, when guts (or caska for that matter) dies, they are going straight to 'the vortex' (essentially, hell) because they got involved with demons...this also means that everyone who guts is currently travelling with will also go to hell when they die, and guts has realised this all along, which is why he was so reluctant to have anyone accompany him (remember vargas? he went to hell after the count killed him)
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

Torrent down.