::Claymore::

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Re: ::Claymore::

Post by Libaax »

I didnt watch the last ep of the anime for some reason so i never saw that fight. Which is a good thing now.

I also saw Viz has realesed 11 vols of the manga which is great. I want to collect more good manga. My comics shop has alot more manga now thanks to more licenses than when i started reading manga.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

animes usually are only decent just to see the manga in motion. I really didn't take much out of the anime except the teresa flashback.
"Context is for Kings"
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

[spoiler]Even though 78 is awesome, I have a concern: Does anyone think Claire is a bit too strong? Who is she going to seriously fight now?[/spoiler]
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Gzhindra
imanewbie

Post by Gzhindra »

Brainpiercing wrote:[spoiler]Even though 78 is awesome, I have a concern: Does anyone think Claire is a bit too strong? Who is she going to seriously fight now?[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Well THEY just beat a stronger than average awaken being. Rigardo was probably a way better. Isley and Riful are a way stronger than was Rigardo and both of them are no match for Pricilla.[/spoiler]
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Gzhindra wrote:
Brainpiercing wrote:[spoiler]Even though 78 is awesome, I have a concern: Does anyone think Claire is a bit too strong? Who is she going to seriously fight now?[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Well THEY just beat a stronger than average awaken being. Rigardo was probably a way better. Isley and Riful are a way stronger than was Rigardo and both of them are no match for Pricilla.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]IMO Isley was kicking Priscilla's ass, until he just let his card down. But regardless, why is Priscilla so unbelievably powerful compared to all other awakened beings? I realize she was a #2 claymore, but so was that chick Claire just recently disposed of......[/spoiler]

BTW....What determines someone becoming an awakened being, as opposed to just a Yoma?

It appears that Claymore's can become awakened beings because they are half-breeds, but wouldn't you think being a full-blooded Yoma you'd be stronger than some mere female imbued with Yoma blood? But at this point in the story Yoma's appear to be little more than fodder.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Grahf wrote:animes usually are only decent just to see the manga in motion. I really didn't take much out of the anime except the teresa flashback.
Heh i use to use anime just a reason to see manga in motion too before. Nowadays most of the animes i try and watch mostly cause i know when they end there is a longer manga out there. If the anime is decent or better than the manga is prolly even better ;)
Last edited by Libaax on Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

on the priscilla point. Its been said that Teressa was among the strongest number ones in history. She had realized during the fight that Priscilla had the "potential" to be even stronger than her. So that should answer the question, at least it did it for me. Remember whats her face said it too taht all the potential awoke the moment that she killed teresa.
"Context is for Kings"
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

[spoiler]IMO Isley was kicking Priscilla's ass, until he just let his card down. But regardless, why is Priscilla so unbelievably powerful compared to all other awakened beings? I realize she was a #2 claymore, but so was that chick Claire just recently disposed of......[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Yeah, Riful´s tale of Isley being defeated by Priscilla was misinformation when we saw the extra chapter that showed the actual fight. Isley thought that such a strong awakened being with a child´s mind was useful to him. So he kept her.

About this fight, i don´t think Claire is much stronger really, this was mostly a team work of 7 claymores and like people said before, Rigardo was probably much better than this chick.[/spoiler]
ArcticFox
derKaiserFuchs

Post by ArcticFox »

BTW....What determines someone becoming an awakened being, as opposed to just a Yoma?
Goldfish memory much? Only Claymores can become awakened due their 50/50 human/yoma nature...
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

[spoiler]The point was not that Rigardo was not stronger. Rigardo was probably stronger. But you have to realize, this time neither of Claire's companions, nor herself, ever broke into a sweat. It was like no contest whatsoever. I mean we had the indication of this when they just played with Riful, but I didn't expect it to be quite that bad.[/spoiler]
Brainpiercing
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

ArcticFox wrote:
Goldfish memory much? Only Claymores can become awakened due their 50/50 human/yoma nature...
Clever.

Brainpiercing wrote:[spoiler]The point was not that Rigardo was not stronger. Rigardo was probably stronger. But you have to realize, this time neither of Claire's companions, nor herself, ever broke into a sweat. It was like no contest whatsoever. I mean we had the indication of this when they just played with Riful, but I didn't expect it to be quite that bad.[/spoiler]

You're right in that since the Northern Lands, their powers have made some inexplicable gains. Add this on to the fact it would appear that with Claire (or at least suggested), she has the ability to cross the line of awakening yet come back.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

With Riful its not really a huge thing when you think about it. Riful was only able to attack what she was able to sense. When they have nothing to sense and they are looking to run away its alot easier to just escape. I highly doubt they would be able to just dispatch Riful without breaking a sweat.
"Context is for Kings"
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

You're right. The didn't fight Riful, but in turn, Riful could do nothing to them. Still, I imagine it should be a while before they will be able to take care of an abyssal, while normal awakened beings are not that much of a challenge anymore.
Brainpiercing
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Finally got around reading this which was a good thing :)

[spoiler]The anime really messed up the ending.
So shouldnt Galatea be able to regenerate her eyes if she wanted to?[/spoiler]

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Remember she said that she could see soo much better since losing her eyes.
"Context is for Kings"
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Oh right she did say that didnt she :shock:
Well she didnt get killed, I thought she was going to crash and burn at first

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

Damn right after a satisfying ending to a fight, there is gonna be a month's break. Damn these fickle mangakas!
Bow to Golbez
Gzhindra
imanewbie

Post by Gzhindra »

79 is a chat chapter.

I hope we'll learn something new!
Gzhindra
imanewbie

Post by Gzhindra »

I just read the translation and now it become very interesting.

One information was easy to guess [spoiler]the organisation is behind yoma existance[/spoiler] but what we learn at the end is pretty cool [spoiler]there another land with another species and a big messy war[/spoiler]
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

yeah eveyone and their brother had called the yoma part here. THe second part was a shocker I wonder how things are going to pan out. Now things have are set to a larger scale. I wonder if Riful and whats his face are aware of this information as well.
"Context is for Kings"
42ndEndOfTheWorld
This is my new home

Post by 42ndEndOfTheWorld »

This last discovery improved my opinion of the manga considerably. I held this manga in low esteem because of lack of complex plot and simple characters. Only entity was the Organization and all claymores are pretty much clones with similar personalities, so my expectations were low. However, larger wheels in the story are now turning, and there is finally some potential in this thing.
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

This was actually predictable and kinda obvious ever since the first Awakened beings appeared in the story, there have been several occasions where it was hinted that the Yoma worked together with the Organization; As in "Send me some rookies and i´ll test them". It´s good that they finally confirmed and settled that little issue.

The whole "there´s a giant continent in the world that no one knew about" is pretty stupid though. I hope the author explains why the hell no one in this land was able to find it.

Still, this opens for a whole new, epic storyline. Can´t wait.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

I like the twist of another continent. Something like that can be easily hidden if this war is as massive as Maria said it is.
"Context is for Kings"
42ndEndOfTheWorld
This is my new home

Post by 42ndEndOfTheWorld »

The whole "there´s a giant continent in the world that no one knew about" is pretty stupid though. I hope the author explains why the hell no one in this land was able to find it.
Remember, it took us hundreds of years to perfect the art of sailing, and it is virtually impossible to travel anywhere far on ship if you don't know navigation, winds, etc. And in those times education was a luxury that only a few had. Obviously that giant continent is where everyone come from, and, obviously, they can send whomever they choose so all you have to do to create isolated island is to populate it with people who don't know much about using ships (or know very little).
Gzhindra
imanewbie

Post by Gzhindra »

Deathbringer wrote:This was actually predictable and kinda obvious ever since the first Awakened beings appeared in the story, there have been several occasions where it was hinted that the Yoma worked together with the Organization; As in "Send me some rookies and i´ll test them". It´s good that they finally confirmed and settled that little issue.

Still, this opens for a whole new, epic storyline. Can´t wait.
Probably because the organisation doesn't let any ship to get too far. Who knows of their sea power!