::Claymore::

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Re: ::Claymore::

Post by Grahf »

well guts didn't lose his arm in the last month did he? lol. All those other series has had someone with a lost arm or a badly injured arm.
"Context is for Kings"
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Heh, yeah, no joke. Even Jiraiya lost an arm, and now this. I think it happened “off-screen” when she dodged the combined attacks of both Miyata and the former #2 turned Awakened Being, in the scene right before it showed her with the missing arm. It was “so fast” or whatever, but still pretty crazy. I think it’s a nice way to return to the series, I always found Galatea interesting, and she’s hot in that nun’s uniform. Also, I don’t know who’s weirder, Miyata…or the brunette Claymore who let her do that. Heh, either way, I enjoyed it. :P
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

God damn, as usual Miata has the personality of a TGV; Even Ophelia had better priorities than that crazy bitch.

And Clarice is useless, she´s about to piss her pants, i mean even the 2 guys from Clare´s past manage to get Agatha´s attention.

If she doesn´t at least try to guide Miata to stop killing Galatea and go for Agatha she´s nothing but dead weight and a walking milk fetish.

Agatha acts....likes she´s game if you know what i mean, maybe i´m thinking too much about it but if awakening is an ecstatic experience, maybe sexual relationships make a Claymore more susceptible to it.
Last edited by Deathbringer on Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Clarice is useless.
"Context is for Kings"
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Grahf wrote:Clarice is useless.
That...ummm.... seems to be the entire point about her. Her reason for existance, so to speak. "I am useless, therefore I am."

:roll:

And I had to lol at that one:
Deathbringer wrote: she´s nothing but dead weight and a walking milk fetish.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Gzhindra
imanewbie

Post by Gzhindra »

[spoiler]Something's going to happen! Galatea won't be able to manage this alone and the duo miata/clarice is more like a dog with a complete moron as a master.
What it's gonna be? My guess is either clare team or riful is going to step in. Both would be a nice mayhem tho :D[/spoiler]
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Why did you even put that in a spoiler tag? *shrugs*
Gzhindra
imanewbie

Post by Gzhindra »

Starnum wrote:Why did you even put that in a spoiler tag? *shrugs*
I have no idea :shock:
It has become an habit :p
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Does Claire ever wind up raping that boy she travels with?
Let's put a smile on that face...............
Tempz
Found the Edit button

Post by Tempz »

eh..Has Raki died yet. I don't feel like reading a manga that has that character in it unless he dies.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Tempz wrote:eh..Has Raki died yet. I don't feel like reading a manga that has that character in it unless he dies.
Well don't waste the time even if he does die. I guess you can't seem to appreciate the plot and character development of this series.
"Context is for Kings"
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Grahf wrote:
Tempz wrote:eh..Has Raki died yet. I don't feel like reading a manga that has that character in it unless he dies.
Well don't waste the time even if he does die. I guess you can't seem to appreciate the plot and character development of this series.
I agree. The story can't all be just fighting.

Though, I do hope w/ age Raki will mature and develop into a man with some capabilities, beyond that of some wuss lovechild.

For right now, Raki's character reminds me of Puck during the Blackswordsmen days of Berserk....minus the comic relief and faerie dust.
Gzhindra
imanewbie

Post by Gzhindra »

The Prince wrote:
Grahf wrote:
I agree. The story can't all be just fighting.

Though, I do hope w/ age Raki will mature and develop into a man with some capabilities, beyond that of some wuss lovechild.

For right now, Raki's character reminds me of Puck during the Blackswordsmen days of Berserk....minus the comic relief and faerie dust.
Puck was and is still funny! Raki is annoying at best but if the plot turn him into some kind of claymore or awaken being it could be very interesting!
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Maybe his "love" and "pure heart" would allow him to control his awakened being-ness, which would allow him to take on the powers of an awakened being w/out becoming a monster. :kekeke:
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Gzhindra wrote:Puck was and is still funny! Raki is annoying at best but if the plot turn him into some kind of claymore or awaken being it could be very interesting!

I really don't see how that would be interesting beyond the fact that Claire would have to make a choice regarding him. Now if he is brainwashed on top of that now we are talking.
"Context is for Kings"
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I cant wait to see this awaken being get killed... althought it seems almost imposable.
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Gzhindra
imanewbie

Post by Gzhindra »

[spoiler]Well now miata might turn against the awaken being so there's hope. It start to be a bit repetitive and long this fight. I prefer when it's swift![/spoiler]
Laik
This is my new home

Post by Laik »

I'm extra late like always but I'm glad people actually read Claymore now.

I remember when I thought I was the only person that actually liked it but it's all good. Either way, I like how things turned out recently and I even started buying the series. Concerning Raki, his character was pretty flat at first but he always had potential and that was obviously the basis of his character. While he was merely a sidekick or even a handicap earlier in the series he has the chance to become something much more greater than he originally was. While his return will definitely be a major point, I do wonder if he will return to Claire's side or possibly even become her greatest antagonist somehow. It would be anticlmatic if he was killed off or didn't even get close to badassery.
EG needs some help. Please feel free to contact us if you want to become a part of the staff.
Gzhindra
imanewbie

Post by Gzhindra »

78 's going to be great. Even if the end of chapter 77 was to be expected!
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Expected, yes, but the way it happened it still gave me goosebumps, and I'm really looking forward to 78.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Hi guys i dont want to read this thread yet cause of the spoilers for me.

I just wanna say i didnt expect Claymore to be this good after the anime who was generic monster slayer of the week type except in Teresa's great flashback.

Somehow the manga fills me with more emotion than the anime despite the vols im reading is exactly the same as the anime. Vol 5 is Teresa's flashback and market for death. Its more painful seeing her die the second time.

I hope it improves even more after this arc unlike the anime. The art is very good too. The Claymore dont look as dull in the faces as they did in the anime. They look cooler,more powerful.
Last edited by Libaax on Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

newest chapter = awesome.
"Context is for Kings"
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

When can i expect the anime shared stories to end and totaly new manga only story start ?
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Shiva
Mastered PM

Post by Shiva »

From the fight with Rigardo?
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Libaax wrote:When can i expect the anime shared stories to end and totaly new manga only story start ?
See the shitty Rigardo fight in the anime?

Make it awesome in the manga and from there is manga only.