::Claymore::

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Re: ::Claymore::

Post by Artezul »

Raki doesn't look anything like he was before. I understand it's been 7 years, but Jesus.
"Don't you get it yet?! If she's beautiful, you'll die instantly!!" Chopper
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

changed for the good. I wonder who that is that he is carrying around... priscilla couldn't have shrunk.
"Context is for Kings"
Gzhindra
imanewbie

Post by Gzhindra »

Grahf wrote:changed for the good. I wonder who that is that he is carrying around... priscilla couldn't have shrunk.
She could choose to look pretty much as she want!

Raki seems to be as strong as a weak claymore which is weird if he is still human.
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

don't forget it's highly likely isley trained him with fighting yoma in mind, thus even though he would still be a normal human, he would have learn combat their typical movements and reactions... at least based on what we know so far
Bow to Golbez
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

So Raki grews up to become some uber warrior ?

Exactly what i feared when i saw the anime for the first time and saw Clare talk about leaving him and him coming back stronger.

Im reading vol 7 on my comp cause i bought vol 11recently. Plan to catch up.

If the older Raki clichè comes true, i wont buy another vol of the series.

Why must the mangaka ruin a good manga like this with Raki thing. I liked there was a manga where there was only female heroes could be strong cause they werent human.

Raki being as strong even as a weak Claymore is beyond stupid. Seeing the huge difference power beteween strong human and Yomas and Claymores.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

It's too early to say though, he might be able to own some basic bad guy but that is all.

You should do what I do now: wait for a serie to be over to actually buy the book, because nothing replace a good ol' HQ paper copy. I've been saved from Bleach this way, and other wrecks (I decided to go this way after I spend way too much getting the first 14 of Naruto).
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Albator wrote:It's too early to say though, he might be able to own some basic bad guy but that is all.

You should do what I do now: wait for a serie to be over to actually buy the book, because nothing replace a good ol' HQ paper copy. I've been saved from Bleach this way, and other wrecks (I decided to go this way after I spend way too much getting the first 14 of Naruto).
Thats what i do with both FullMetal Alchemist,HXH,Monster etc I wait for more GNs to be realesed before i pick them up again. Specially with HXX so few chapters has been in the last years that the book will catch up fast. I read OP in swedish books.

I dont download my favorit mangas when they are licensed and collected.

Thats what why i bought Claymore. I liked it enough to collect the book.

About Raki i hope he can be only that strong to own some basic bad guy. Im digging the manga despite im only up to vol 10 and Pieta battle which i have already seen in the anime.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Well, while I can't say I like the way Raki looks now, it was sort of predictable that he'd turn up again in stronger form. For some drama I had hoped he had already become an awakened being or something like that.

At least he could have ended up being more like Guts, and not smile like an idiot after killing a Yoma. That was just beyond stupid. Still, the manga hasn't disappointed me so far, so I'll continue reading it.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Brainpiercing wrote:Well, while I can't say I like the way Raki looks now, it was sort of predictable that he'd turn up again in stronger form. For some drama I had hoped he had already become an awakened being or something like that.

At least he could have ended up being more like Guts, and not smile like an idiot after killing a Yoma. That was just beyond stupid. Still, the manga hasn't disappointed me so far, so I'll continue reading it.
Being like Guts, wow thats almost blashampy seeing as how lame and cry baby Raki has been....

Guts when he was younger than the kid Raki was a seasoned mercenary and warrior. He wouldnt cry at anything.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Just when you think its going down hill it comes right back up it. :) Gzhindra Called it so now the happy moment that should be the bringing of Raki and Clare back together. Is ruined by what Raki is traveling with :twisted:
"Context is for Kings"
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

At least Raki´s not a crying little pussy now.
Se7en
imanewbie

Post by Se7en »

After discovering the Claymore manga recently, I read the beginning to the most recent in a day. Chicks chopping off demon arms, lesbo organization, decent storyline, maybe a little romance (Clare and Raki...? Okay!), this series is pretty awesome! :headbang:

Though I'm disappointed that Raki doesn't seem to have any Yoma juice or any inhuman powers, and annoyed by his constant smiling... It's good to finally see him and what the hell he's been up to lately. More importantly we still have yet to see what Isley is doing now, and wonder why did he allow Priscilla go traveling with Raki for some time... Perhaps he died? What happened during the past 7 years?

As for Riful, I'm still curious how would she "recruit" new members in her army, such as claymores. Latest example being Rene, who's stuck in a position of life or death at the moment. Would she force her to turn into an awakened being, or what? Are there any claymores at all in her army? Dammit all release the next chapter already!

BTW, anyone know how daily does each chapter come out? Monthly?
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

Clare and Dark Sunglasses-guy in a different lifetime, fighting an altogether different battle.

[spoiler]http://www.onemanga.com/Angel_Densetsu/28/22/
http://www.onemanga.com/Angel_Densetsu/28/06/[/spoiler]
"Don't you get it yet?! If she's beautiful, you'll die instantly!!" Chopper
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

damn I just got into this that sucks teresa got killed
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

nvm
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Why nvm?
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

I was gonna ask if it they were the same clare's then I kept reading and rubul mentioned if clare still wanted to kill priscilla so that answered my own question
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Ah, yeah.
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

this sucks it's a monthly released manga 83 was good
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

one more thing what's with their bodies? Why do people get grossed out when they see the bodies of claymores?
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Good fucking question. I've always wondered that myself. I question whether they've ever shown whatever it is they're talking about. I could've sworn we saw all of Teresa's body, looked pretty good to me. I don't get it. Can anyone shed any light on this? I mean, we can assume there's something grotesque or disturbing around their stomach area, but has anyone ever seen it?

Also, I think this may have been mentioned before, but why do all the men look so fucking weird!? That's one of my favorite things about Isley, is that he doesn't look like a freak! Heh, even Raki's got it a bit, but some of those guys don't even look human, I mean what the hell?
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

lol I noticed that too every male looks like they're about to to turn into a yoma and I thought isley was a chick until he said he was isley.
I have no idea what's wrong with their bodies their upper half is still covered even without clothes because teresa ripped off her shirt to show the men and her neck and lower was covered by black and a cross on her neck.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Oo man the next couple of chapters are going to be insane!
"Context is for Kings"
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

zombie claymores?
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

The new guys strike me as another "experiments" from the organization that made the claymores in the first place.

Maybe these are claymores who got too much Yoma flesh fused into their bodies and became some sort of weird hybrid thing, either way, they look like they were discarded since they look kinda stupid and slow, like pseudo-zombies and not that very useful in battle.

Then again, they may just turn out to be the shit when they meet Miria and Helen fighting Isley.