Skull Man (TV)

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

Lazarus Ledd
imanewbie

Skull Man (TV)

Post by Lazarus Ledd »

Set in an alternate history of Japan, freelance photographer Minagami Hayato returns to his hometown of Ootomo to investigate rumors of a man wearing a skull mask committing murders there. Once in the city, he discovers connections between the victims and a local pharmaceutical company, a new religious sect, and strange half human, half animal creatures. Along with a young photographer, he decides to find out who the Skull Man really is.

The history proceeds in Japan in prey with catastrophes and a wave of crime without precedent for which the person in charge is not other than insane a dangerous vêtu of a mask and a dark cape: The Skull Man. In order to stop this dangerous criminal with the psychic capacities, an office of investigation, the Agency of Tachiki Detectives launches out to his continuation with the assistance of Tatsuo Kagura, wire of a clan of yakusa. Soon the agency suspects this ally of being in the center of 15 years an old machination, the murder of the true parents of Tatsuo while being the starting point. Genetic engineering, revenge and combat between mutants make of Skull Man the account of a violent fight counters terrifying enemy against which it man with the face of skeleton will use of all the means to achieve its goal.

Makoto is doing the subing so there you have your lead. They did from 2. to 6. episode, 1st did some Nana something.

There is a live Prequel to this.Live acting combinend with anime-like CGI backgrounds. It very hard to get but it's managable.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Re: Skull Man (TV)

Post by Brainpiercing »

After the first ep from Nanaone I was sceptical, but this show is definitely intriguing, despite the un-original protagonists. Here it's the antagonists that make the show interesting.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Lazarus Ledd
imanewbie

Post by Lazarus Ledd »

download [Makoto] The Skull Man - Yami no Joshou

it'l be slighty hard to download but it's managable.

It's kind of prequel to the series. Live action and CGI backgrounds. Skullman really look cool in CGI :twisted:
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Am watching this, but still dont think its going anywhere.
Might drop it if nothing twists things around soon

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Lazarus Ledd
imanewbie

Post by Lazarus Ledd »

well it's doesn't last long, 13 ep i think, give it try anyway
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Well the latest episode turned some things around so I´ll stick with it a while longer

Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

This show is turning into one of the best this season. With the story reaching its climax it almost starts making some sense.
Brainpiercing
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Well I liked the last three episodes. But still dont really get some things.. Like;

Why didnt they have more guards around Ayami if she was going to be the mother of the new human race?
And in the end, didnt Hayato call his childhood priest friend Hayato? Did they switch identities when the real Hayato got drafted into the army or was it just an error from the sub team?
And the baby that the girl is holding in the end, where did that come from, is it even hers? And whos supposed to be the father?

Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

I have to say that quite a few things are not clear to me, too.

For instance, I never actually understood all the factions.

And the end doesn't make too much sense, or it could have taken some more explanations. Well, it fit the atmosphere of the show, because you never understood what was really going on.

So it seemed the Brain gear coup worked out, and they have attacked the other Japan? Or didn't they? At least they got the Skull Man mask in the end, and brainwashed Hayato. But why did they even need him? Anyone else could have put on the mask.
Brainpiercing