Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

wotjesus
imanewbie

Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust

Post by wotjesus »

I came across this, and although I was a little confused (having not watched its predecessor), it was thoroughly entertaining.

Anyone else enjoy this?
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

I haven't watched the first movie or read any of the novels but I enjoyed it. mainly because of the art and animation. my uncle picked it up for me several years ago.
Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

This thread makes me feel so old.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Re: Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust

Post by Sandman »

Animetion was awesome in this Anime some of the best I have seen, although the story line seemed a little lacking. I liked it so much I bought it, but I found my self getting tired of the "hand" he talked too much in this one. The voice was cool but he talked way too much. I hope they make more D movies or a series even :D kind of like ninja scroll but less gay :cool:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

I think the novels may be a better place to start. I would pick them up but I have so many other books to finish that I don't want to throw anymore money away.
wotjesus
imanewbie

Post by wotjesus »

Wait, so there're novels and mangas for Vampire Hunter D? Can someone clarify? I'm intrigued...
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I dont think there are any manga. I think the original story is novels.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

wotjesus wrote:Wait, so there're novels and mangas for Vampire Hunter D? Can someone clarify? I'm intrigued...
Yeah, it is a collection of novels with Amano doing cover art and all that jazz.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

I've got both on DVD. I'm a Yoshi (Yoshitaka Amano)fanatic ^__^

Both good movies in their own respects.
Bloodlust 2 word review: Superb animation.

Original movie 1 word review: Better.(Plotwise, character development, etc, the animation is still good for 80's anime).
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

The first movie were great the best anime movie i have seen simply cause D was uber cool and the animation were and still is great looking.

the second one with the girl actually sucked except the good animation.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
BerserkerWench
imanewbie

Post by BerserkerWench »

wotjesus wrote:Wait, so there're novels and mangas for Vampire Hunter D? Can someone clarify? I'm intrigued...
Actually, there is going to be a manga for the series and the first one is going to be released in the US in November of this year. I've already pre-ordered the first one. It looks like, however, the manga is going to cover the stories that have already been released in the novels.

I have both Bloodlust and the first movie. Bloodlust by far has the better animation and was based on the third novel "Demon Deathchase". There are quite a few things that the movie differs from the novel, but I like the movie all the same. If you like to read, the novels are all good too.