Gundam Seed Destiny Episodes by A-Kingdom_AonE (and others)

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

Grahf wrote:Well as for Dos's thing about finding out about kira late. That might be true but if I'm not mistaken we got that around now. They didn't waste our time with a recap episode in the 40s now did they? You say trust in seed? but you say that GSD is better than Seed? how so? GSD is loaded with plot holes that really can't be finished up in 8 episodes. Especially if I know what going to happen up until episode 46. The ending will be rushed just like in Seed except this one is even worse.
*shrugs, i think they can answer plotholes real quick. i mean they revealed kluezes true identity and mwus link with him and kiras true origin in like half of a gundam seed episode. thas 3 in half an episode. so the GSD ppl can spare 2 episodes answering 12 plot holes and use the rest for action :lol: :lol: :lol:
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

well using what they did in seed is a bad example. No one expected that really. They really didn't' have to tell us that Kira was the Supreme Coordinator nor did they have to say anything beyond Rau and Mwu being Newtypes that's why they had the link. Another thing in seed they beat into our hands a few points. "when is a war over?", "What is a quick end to the war?" and "what do you fight for?". Those were points that were brought up over and over again. Mwu in the earlier episodes gave Kira a few reasons to fight (protect your friends and if you have the skill use it). Andy Bartfeld asked him when a war was over? So when Patty Zala wanted to kill all the naturals it wasn't that big of a surprise because we had that beaten into our heads.

What is there to GSD? "I dint' trust Gil" ? As I said about the supreme coordinator thing they didn't' give us any indication of that prior to when Rau told us. Maybe Kira being exceptional at everything was a clue but so was Athrun. When you take a look at GSD its revealed in episode 29 that Rey has a connection to Rau and Gil but that has been barely explained. Neo = Mwu but that has barely been explained. Gil knows a little too much about logos and their members that's barely been explained. Gil obviously knows Kira that's barely been explained. We get a vague plan called Destiny and its suppose to be the link that finishes of Gil? Maybe so but damn lets get an explanation.

I look to this next episode for some Neo/Mwu development if they dint' do it then. When will they? The episode after that is headlined with a verbal confrontation between to ladies. Then the last battle between Zaft and Logos. after that last battle that leaves 4 episodes till the finale. I'm sure Destiny will be revealed within that time frame but it will be rushed. There also (IMO) will be major Defections.
"Context is for Kings"
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

*shrugs im jus gettin hooked to the action man. strike freedom is awesome, it will whup destiny. and those 3 lacus supporters with those purple mobile suits were kickass.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

actually Destiny is a suit more to my liking. S-F as awesome as it is really isn't practical. Destiny is the more superior suit its just too bad its pilot sucks. Well I figure the more fights against his strategy will improve.

The action in itsself was lacking. This is another case of the superior suit (Freedom and now Destiny) being brought down to the lesser suits level (Impulse, S-F)
"Context is for Kings"
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

heh, jus watched 43, great episode, one of the best yet. i won't spoil too much but there were 2 priceless moments. one when dullindal put on this priceless face at the very end of the episode that spelled "oh crap, i'm so screwed now". and shinn's face when he sees athrun that spelled "man i truly can't aim. i missed the cockpit TWICE NOW".

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

I just watched episode 42, but I guess I´ll download 43 tomorrow, and yeah those three support mobilesuits that Lacus sent was a real blast :D

I wonder how good Athrun will do with his new "Toy"... Time will tell :P

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

You know what I think? Now that Neo/Mwu has joined the Archangel ranks, he's here to fill the blanks and spill the beans on Djibril, Phantom Pain, etc. That means we'll all get explanations regarding loopholes in 3-5 minutes of episode team.

Finally get to see Athuran do a little bit of ownage, even in his condition.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Mmmmm... Gundam is crack for my soul. GSD might not be the best mecha series showing right now, but it makes me happy.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

I think it´s pretty descent, not like I look at the watch and think to myself
"Argh!! 10 more minutes off this crap"
To bad Cagalli didnt use her suit better :P

Also I noticed that in Eureka 7 the explosions are also Pink..

Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Yeah now Athrun breaks his seed?? His life and Meyrin's life were on the line and he didn't do dick. Now alllllll of a suddden 43 episodes into it he breaks his SEED and out manuers the "faster" Mobile suit.???

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Well at least we are getting a little more of Mwu but what's the point at this point?? lol I mean there are 7 episodes left and in the next episode its Lacus vs. "Lacus" and the beginning of Zaft vs. Eaf for the last time. So ............................................

OO yeah another thing I get the feeling that Gil was a little tooooo surprised at the end of the episode. Does that mean either he never knew that she was ever in ORB. Or that he had no clue that she wasn't still in space?? I doubt the latter would cause such a shock to his system.
"Context is for Kings"
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

Grahf wrote: OO yeah another thing I get the feeling that Gil was a little tooooo surprised at the end of the episode. Does that mean either he never knew that she was ever in ORB. Or that he had no clue that she wasn't still in space?? I doubt the latter would cause such a shock to his system.
yeah ok dude try to reason some more. i know you really hate GSD but its really clouding your mind man. hes shocked cause he never expected she be back in there. he knew that the hijacked plane had her on so she went off somewhere. and while she was in hiding, he went down to earth so he figured that the space forces would have it dealt with. and of course he received no hints that she may have returned, such as meteor not returning or yadi-yadi-ya man i hate explaining shit :lol: :lol: :lol:
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

I so loved Dulindalls expression in the end off the last episode :D

Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

dos.azn wrote:yeah ok dude try to reason some more. i know you really hate GSD but its really clouding your mind man. hes shocked cause he never expected she be back in there. he knew that the hijacked plane had her on so she went off somewhere. and while she was in hiding, he went down to earth so he figured that the space forces would have it dealt with. and of course he received no hints that she may have returned, such as meteor not returning or yadi-yadi-ya man i hate explaining shit :lol: :lol: :lol:
Right you doubted me before. I'm not too sure about this one so I won't make any bold statments. But when it turns out that Gil wasn't behind certain things I will make sure to remind you of this. I let you guys go when you thought I was looking too much into Kisuke's involment in bleach.

anyway I'm not the only one that dislikes GSD:
SEED/DESTINY follow-up rumors
Again take this with a grain of salt.
The following blog has a report/dialog between a customer, store owner, and a Bandai staff member during a Bakuseed (miniature electric motor car) tournament. That, of course, makes this report hearsay but still of interest as far as possible commentary on the state of Gundam at the moment goes:

The Bandai staff member commented that currently DESTINY as a series is unpopular with ratings on a downward trend (see below for that) and merchandise not selling well including Gunpla (something also mentioned at Plamoya-san's Useless Diary). The store owner adds that Bakuseed is outselling Gunpla at his store. The conversation switches to a possible sequel after the customer said "I guess no sequel then. Wanted to see one." The Bandai staff replied that they are currently exploring the idea of another SEED sequel which will again feature Kira and Athrun, concluding a SEED trilogy. The ending of DESTINY will be made so a possibility of sequel can occur. If it were to happen, they won't be doing it until after next year as time slots are all filled up for the 2006-2007 lineup. It is currently set as a trilogy, however more sequels will be made if proven popular.

Ratings are down compared to the first SEED (averaging 5.2% currently), though still better than the 90's Gundams on average. But from another perspective, things look worse when you compare it to the numbers for past MBS shows in the same timeslot (righthand column figures) as DESTINY will have to fight uphill to not wind up with the lowest average ratings.
"Context is for Kings"
nimrod
notanewb

Post by nimrod »

Final battle, in space, as always
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

lol yeh grahf you did score on the whole kisuke thing. *shrugs, what you saying about destiny will probably be right too but i jus like SEED itself too much that i cant dislike destiny
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

But Destiny doesn't live up to SEED whats so ever.
"Context is for Kings"
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

a SEED series without the strongest character not crying (kira) makes it a winner for me. SEED had too much of kira crying for really dumbass reasons. it got irritating at points. plus no fllay, she was real annoying too
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

why wouldn't Kira cry?? He was a normal teenager thrown into that situation. It showed character development. That he has overcome his trails and grown into a warrior that will fight for what he believes in. Fllay was annoying and people hated her but she served her purpose as well as Murrue and Mwu had in the development of Kira character. Hell just look at Kira's relationship with Lacus it has marks of Fllay's influence all over it.
"Context is for Kings"
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

heh, i like the more mature kira of GSD
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Mmmmm, ORB == EAF means overall bad situation. I feel dread for the upcoming confrontation, and Djibril(sp?) just needs to be removed.
nimrod
notanewb

Post by nimrod »

wee finally some action, and we now know both sides are evil :D

some things bother me tho with this episode,
first of all did i think that the colony's was on the far side of the moon, this based on that Genesis in original did still fire in almost same angel first on moon base and then on earth.

also Durandals expression after the shot now, first checking other person and then do as he are supposed to do...

Also do Ray know all about that cannon, almost as if its part of his plan, he also have painted up that it can shoot at earth so maybe that's how they plan to kill all non coordinator
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

I wouldn't doubt that Gil knew about Requiem. I mean he knew about destroy before hand. But is destiny plan really that evil? Has Gil truely done anything evil as of yet(that we could prove)? No he hasn't so I would say he isn't evil. Just look at the fact that people still trust him on earth. He has done much good in GSD don't forget that.

Its just that lot of whiny parentless Teens have a problem with him. They want to opposed just because its the thing to do.
"Context is for Kings"
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

i wanna kill rey right now, hes so annoying, he sux dullindals dick for crack
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Rey is awesome. He is almost as badass as Aizen from bleach. ... err sorry for the spoiler. XD But I mean I love the evil manipulating characters.

Another thing I actually fell mixed about Legend right now. I mean I thought it was exactly like Providence but its different to its own right. I'm expecting a Legend vs. S.Freedom match up in the end. Now if Legend was more like Providence (with the 2 8 laser pods) I would have given Legend the advantage. But since it isn't I think S.Freedom has the advantage overall now.

But If it was Providence vs. S.Freedom. Providence owns. XD

edit: I still think Rey does have somewhat of his own agenda. Though that really can't be confirmed. I just have a gut feeling.
"Context is for Kings"
nimrod
notanewb

Post by nimrod »

think is that in desteny plans world is there no room for the common "old" ppl. They will probly be in the way for the perfect world so they will be killed one way or another.
Also that if kira is the perfect coordinator then are he supose to be the leader for this new world.

i dont like Rey, he is realy to dry for my taste only waiting for him to give order to Shinn to destroy the world.

Wonder what Ysak and Deaca will do, my guess is that they will be given order to take down archangel but i doubt they will do that. Not after what hapend last time.