Zetman

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

Jian Wen Yi
imanewbie

Re: Zetman

Post by Jian Wen Yi »

I've read upto Chapter 101 and I would say it's getting interesting again.

I do find Kouga annoying but I like the way the Mangaka is playing between a wannabee hero who acts as he think appropriate, and a real hero who just acts. This scene is played out in the earlier Chapters in the burning building and then again in the newer chapters [spoiler]when Kouga finds Jin bloody and beaten after rescuing Kouga's girlfriend and sister[/spoiler].

At this point Kouga is in no way as strong as Zet, he just about matches regular players, but I'm not sure how he matches up against EVOL's.

The story does lack some direction at this point, but it may come together more as the plot is revealed and there is a hint of the action being DBZ like, with Jin's invinsible power up into Zetman, which for the time being has been great but could become stale.
miyagiCE
Tastes like burning!

Post by miyagiCE »

Hey Jian Wen Yi, I love the artwork of your signature. Where's it from?
Jian Wen Yi
imanewbie

Post by Jian Wen Yi »

miyagiCE wrote:Hey Jian Wen Yi, I love the artwork of your signature. Where's it from?
Hiya miyagiCE, the artwork is from a Chinese Manhua called Feng Yun (风云) also known as Tin Ha (天下).

Does any one know when chapter 102 is due?
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

so when is 88-89 coming?
Jian Wen Yi
imanewbie

Post by Jian Wen Yi »

fujinsan wrote:so when is 88-89 coming?
Hopefully shouldn't be too long.

The art work for the series is getting better and better, hopefully the plot will begin to match it's quality.

[spoiler]It appears i was wrong about Kouga, his new suit has given him the ability to match EVOL's![/spoiler]
kngo4
imanewbie

Post by kngo4 »

The art work surely is amazing, the details are well drawn out. I'm really glad that I accidentally read I''s and fell in love with Katsura's style. His story style is good as well. I think Zetman's plot have a pretty smooth flow to it and pretty exciting as well. Really can't wait to see the upcoming chapters.
Hadora
imanewbie

Post by Hadora »

miyagiCE wrote: It is, however, up to me to decide what I work on. If I can stand the wait until the next volume, the reader should be able to do just the same.
Always the same :lol:

Yeah, if i was at my home, i would be happy to scan volume 9 in your-high-quality-demand.
Sadly, i back in France in 4 months and . So maybe for the volume 11 or 12 ^^

But i would like to ask to Uncempt if he might to send by PM the translation of the following chapterS. (if translations are done)
Actually i have my own french team scanlation and contrary to MiyagiCE i'm ok to typesetting with prepublication chapter.(in french of course)
And as Zetman is pretty easy to typeset. A second version with tank raws is conceivable.

Thank you
miyagiCE
Tastes like burning!

Post by miyagiCE »

No worries, volume 9 should be in my mailbox sometime next week. Gonna scan it then. 8)
uncempt
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by uncempt »

Hadora wrote: But i would like to ask to Uncempt if he might to send by PM the translation of the following chapterS. (if translations are done)
Actually i have my own french team scanlation and contrary to MiyagiCE i'm ok to typesetting with prepublication chapter.(in french of course)
And as Zetman is pretty easy to typeset. A second version with tank raws is conceivable.

Thank you
So your group edits from the chapter scans but needs English scripts for translation into French? Do you usually wait for our release to work from? I'm OK with passing you scripts but I'm slower at my job than miyagiCE is at his (you rule myg :) ) so as soon as the script is done the chapter is pretty much released...
miyagiCE
Tastes like burning!

Post by miyagiCE »

Yeah, I'm fine with giving them scripts of chapters we have already released. Why have them go through the trouble of typing it all down again? We're nice people. :)

Ultimately though, it's uncempt's call on this, since he's the translator.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

miyagiCE wrote:No worries, volume 9 should be in my mailbox sometime next week. Gonna scan it then. 8)
I don't know what kind of scanner you use, but your scans for Zetman are probably the highest quality (clean) of any manga I have come across over the internet. I'm not even a big fan of Zetman, but the quality of the scans definitely due the work justice.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
miyagiCE
Tastes like burning!

Post by miyagiCE »

Thanks. :) I honestly believe I'm still quite the n00b with scanning though.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

kngo4 wrote:The art work surely is amazing, the details are well drawn out. I'm really glad that I accidentally read I''s and fell in love with Katsura's style. His story style is good as well. I think Zetman's plot have a pretty smooth flow to it and pretty exciting as well. Really can't wait to see the upcoming chapters.
I disagree, at least from the perspective of someone who is about 2/3rd's through the story of what has been translated so far here at E.G. Perhaps later on things will come together, but in regards to the alternating story line between Kouga and Zetman its almost as if there are two different stories altogether. I am especially frustrated with the amount of time dedicated to the Kouga story. I am a big believer of character development, but not to the extent that the bulk of story is dedicated to a side character that you're almost force fed.

Another thing I don't like is how the reader is constantly kept in the dark regarding matters at hand, leaving me scratching my head trying to figure out what's going on, only to have things explained in later chapters, often via lengthy complicated dialogue-ridden scenes. And I often find myself going back and re-reading scenes in order to put in context where things stand as far as understanding the relevance of these scenes to the overall storyline.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

miyagiCE wrote:Thanks. :) I honestly believe I'm still quite the n00b with scanning though.
I guess you're just a natural.............
miyagiCE
Tastes like burning!

Post by miyagiCE »

The Prince wrote:Perhaps later on things will come together, but in regards to the alternating story line between Kouga and Zetman its almost as if there are two different stories altogether. I am especially frustrated with the amount of time dedicated to the Kouga story.
I don't think it's too much of a spolier if I tell you that volume 9 (which was only published recently) is finally tying up both strings together. :)
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Waiting for new zet here, but it's good to here the stories about to finally involve zet and whats his face at the same time.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

So the white sweeper is part of a moderate faction of Evol's? Is that it?
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Sweepers are like the Evol police, as far as I can tell. Players aren't allowed to just go killin whilly nilly, who and however they like. They have to have permission to do such things I believe. So when they break Evol's laws, they have to deal with a sweeper.
Jian Wen Yi
imanewbie

Post by Jian Wen Yi »

Starnum wrote:Sweepers are like the Evol police, as far as I can tell. Players aren't allowed to just go killin whilly nilly, who and however they like. They have to have permission to do such things I believe. So when they break Evol's laws, they have to deal with a sweeper.
Yep, apparently there are rules that Evol's and players must follow otherwise they will have to deal with sweepers. Which gets demonstrated in more depth in later chapters.

Although I find Kouga's story frustrating I like the contrast between Jin who is a hero by nature and Kouga who tries to be a hero. But overall Kouga just annoys me.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Why is Jin having such a hard time turning into Zet?

He never had to rely on supplements before in order to reach a high level form of Zet.

Did I miss something in the story, which would explain his recent dependence on certain supplements like "the gum" to get back into form? One would think by this time in the story he'd have more control of his power, as opposed to less.

[spoiler]......and who'd guess that the White Sweeper would turn out such a pussy. :?[/spoiler]
Hadora
imanewbie

Post by Hadora »

Raw Zetman vol 10 Tankobun

if you didn't now yet...
uncempt
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by uncempt »

Cheers Hadora but myg spotted it already. We may or may not still acquire our own raws, depending on... uh... stuff.

And about the difficulty he's having in changing into Zet - he's never been able to change at will. He's a defective product, right? I think he gets some ZET traits like uber strength when he's really angry or when he's near death but that's about it.

[spoiler]I loved how he got pwned so easily. Refreshing to see shit just happen without having to read two volumes of flashbacks on the sweepers childhood friends, driving motivations, training regime and leg waxing tips :D[/spoiler]
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Any new updates on the horizon?

All I hear is how awesome things would get, yet it seems updates are coming less and less often.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Oh don't worry, we should have some new stuff out soon.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

thats very good to hear. I can't wait to see the next chapter.